Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Oh sweet mercy, Irvin has completely ruined NFL Network's Sunday morning...is he high right now?

The Full Monty

Just tune in to NFL Network's Gameday Morning..so that I can catch McNabb's interview with Irvin. I didn't know they'd let him be on the panel too.

I just watched the panel attempt to discuss TO and the Bengals...at first Faulk and Sapp talk about how important Palmer and the running game will be, and then Irvin explodes talking about how TO is the most important player on the team right now, the rest of the panel disagrees, and Irvin proves his point by simply talking louder and repeating himself.

I used to catch this the past couple seasons and it was pretty decent...until this guy showed up. I don't think he was featured as much last year, it was mostly Sapp I think. Now, we've got this clown Irvin sounds coked the hell up. It's hilarious, Marshall Faulk and even Warren Sapp look on at Irvin in disgust as he hogs the camera and is ranting..

Has ESPN gotten any better?

Just tune in to NFL Network's Gameday Morning..so that I can catch McNabb's interview with Irvin. I didn't know they'd let him be on the panel too.

I just watched the panel attempt to discuss TO and the Bengals...at first Faulk and Sapp talk about how important Palmer and the running game will be, and then Irvin explodes talking about how TO is the most important player on the team right now, the rest of the panel disagrees, and Irvin proves his point by simply talking louder and repeating himself.

I used to catch this the past couple seasons and it was pretty decent...until this guy showed up. I don't think he was featured as much last year, it was mostly Sapp I think. Now, we've got this clown Irvin sounds coked the hell up. It's hilarious, Marshall Faulk and even Warren Sapp look on at Irvin in disgust as he hogs the camera and is ranting..

Has ESPN gotten any better?

I didn't see what you are talking about, but I can attest to the fact that the majority of the time, Faulk knows nothing of what he speaks and Sapp only knows a slightly higher percentage of the time.

Irvin, when biases are not involved(Cowboys, friends), is VERY knowledgeable about the game.

I didn't see what you are talking about, but I can attest to the fact that the majority of the time, Faulk knows nothing of what he speaks and Sapp only knows a slightly higher percentage of the time.

Irvin, when biases are not involved(Cowboys, friends), is VERY knowledgeable about the game.

I'm not piling on you Ken, but to say that Marshall Faulk and Warren Sapp don't know what they're talking about is just silly. Michael Irvin also knows his football. Thay all played the game at historically high levels for years so I won't kid myself about Irvin's knowledge... but he's a cartoon. I hope you're watching him right now while he tries to make the point that Kevin Kolb is under more pressure than the Cowboys. He's being handily spanked by the entire panel and his eyes are rolling back in his head with desperation to talk louder than everyone. He's a child.

I'm not piling on you Ken, but to say that Marshall Faulk and Warren Sapp don't know what they're talking about is just silly. Michael Irvin also knows his football. Thay all played the game at historically high levels for years so I won't kid myself about Irvin's knowledge... but he's a cartoon. I hope you're watching him right now while he tries to make the point that Kevin Kolb is under more pressure than the Cowboys. He's being handily spanked by the entire panel and his eyes are rolling back in his head with desperation to talk louder than everyone. He's a child.

If Kolb doesn't start good, I feel bad for him and Andy Reid. Those Philly fans are ruthless! It could get ugly there, especially if McNabb is lighting it up!

Not far fetched at all...

I know this sounds backwards, but I like Michael Irvin as a person... He does a lot of stupid things (drugs, sex, whatever) but these are vices that really don't harm anyone else. Well except that scissors incident... But from all accounts, he is a very friendly and generous guy.

However, he sucks as an analyst...

Are you seeing that one camera angle that's kind of behind or to the side of Faulk and where Irvin is in the background. He looks insane at times, his eyes are wide open, his nostrils flaring, it's absurd.

I really wish we could end the days of Cowboy analysts. We need Jon Jansen, who always seemed pretty good, and some other Skins on the screen. Though I guess we do have Desmond Howard and Mark May for college.

Marshall Faulks logic ...

Eli Manning = Great QB for winning a Super Bowl

Tony Romo sits to pee = Not a good QB because he hasn't won a Super Bowl

Aaron Rodgers = Great QB just because.

I have to agree. Actually, I find the former NBA players know their game and have better reasoning than a lot of the elite former NFLers. I'm not sure WHY that is, since you'd think a football player would have to know even more overall but sometimes I hear Faulk or Sanders or Irvin and I think that these guys were picked up in a bar, half-drunk and spouting utter nonsense.

I have to agree. Actually, I find the former NBA players know their game and have better reasoning than a lot of the elite former NFLers. I'm not sure WHY that is, since you'd think a football player would have to know even more overall but sometimes I hear Faulk or Sanders or Irvin and I think that these guys were picked up in a bar, half-drunk and spouting utter nonsense.

Majority of them are HUGE Homers as well. Moose is solid but Irvin is as big of a homer as they come.

This is why I hate Dallas. Every single one of them are douche bags, not too mention criminal. From owner to coach to players.

Redskins players help the community and set examples (except maybe when obeying speed limits). Dallas players just all around suck.

I actually enjoy The NFL Network show waaaaaaaay more than any of the other shows...I like the chemistry Irvin, Faulk, Sapp, Mooch, and Eisen have...I like that they have fun, and the show isn't dry...I also like that they all know what they're talking about...If you don't like it why watch?

Archived