Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 2. Hou @ WAS...

Bobbyst21

Goin to my first Skins game on week 2 to watch the Skins stomp the Texans.

Very excited but being that ive never been to a game,or DC for that matter, i have a few questions.

1.Saturday morning practice.....Is that the best time to meet players and get autographs?And where is the practice field located?Is it free to watch or is it off limits to the general public?And what time?

2.We have a room reserved at the Comfort Inn on Hampton Park Blvd. in Capitol Heights.Can any locals tell me how far away that is and where the best sports bars are located nearby?

My girl and i got great seats i think.Sec 101 row 14.Behind the Skins bench.Between the 40 and 50.We're both very excited and wanna make the most out of our experience.I appreciate any help i can get with these questions.Dont wanna go there completely blind and miss out

Thanks and HTTR!!!!!!!

Yeah, you have great seats! The right side of 101 is the aisle dead center behind the bench area on the 50. Very nice.

Practices during the regular season are generally closed. I doubt that will change this year. Some fans do line up outside of Redskins Park to wave and cheer as the team leaves on the buses. This year there will be more of that because the team is again going to a team hotel closer to FedEx field on Saturday nights before home games.

In fact there is an official send off outside Redskins Park this Saturday. Maybe there will be autographs, I don't know if they've announced that. Most sendoffs are just wave as the team drives by in the buses.

Redskins Park, though, is 40+ miles west of the stadium in Ashburn, Virginia.

Yea the practices are mostly always closed to the public, with your seats you might actually have some luck after the game if you stick around, and go down low enough.

Your very close to the stadium you have 2 main roads that will lead you right in. You might actually be able to see the Stadium from that location. You didnt mention if you have a parking pass or not. If you have one then parking will be no problem, if not be ready to shell out 45 dollars to park and still ride a shuttle bus, or walk the rest of the way. If you dont have one check in the classifieds section, or on EBAY people seel parking passes all of the time.

As for sports bars I do not know to much about that area sports bar wise, but in DC there is ESPN Zone, and the Green Turtle as well as several other places. Good thing about DC is you can take the Metro Rail everywhere. If you get real adventurous you can take the Metro to Alexandria Va and eat at Joe Thiesmans resturant just off the King St Metro Stop.

Enjoy your game!

You are rooting for another team to score on the Skins for the purposes of fantasy ball. You fail. You want to have a poll or something to see if people agree with you?:ols:
Better a 73-70 win than a 0-2 loss, don't you think?

Skins ALWAYS come first.

Hey guys thanks a lot.My girl and i are so excited.Ive been a fan for 24 years.Seen the ups and downs.Mostly downs here lately but ive never wavered.If i'm close enough to possibly see the stadium from the hotel,as HDF561 says i might be,then why would i need a parking pass.Just walk there and back.Dont know anyone there so i wont be tailgating.

Oh yeah and i hope Schaub has the worst game of his career.

Dont know anyone there so i wont be tailgating.

Dude..... what'cha talking about?!?

Check the tailgate section the week leading up to the game. Stickied at the top will be the info for the ES/RR Tailgate. (you can check out the thread for the Dallass Tailgate now)

Jump in and join the fun!

I'll guarantee you'll feel right at home in no time flat!

Yeah, you have great seats! The right side of 101 is the aisle dead center behind the bench area on the 50. Very nice.

Practices during the regular season are generally closed. I doubt that will change this year. Some fans do line up outside of Redskins Park to wave and cheer as the team leaves on the buses. This year there will be more of that because the team is again going to a team hotel closer to FedEx field on Saturday nights before home games.

In fact there is an official send off outside Redskins Park this Saturday. Maybe there will be autographs, I don't know if they've announced that. Most sendoffs are just wave as the team drives by in the buses.

Redskins Park, though, is 40+ miles west of the stadium in Ashburn, Virginia.

Where does the visiting team stay, i would love the chance to meet like Peyton or Farve??

Dude..... what'cha talking about?!?

Check the tailgate section the week leading up to the game. Stickied at the top will be the info for the ES/RR Tailgate. (you can check out the thread for the Dallass Tailgate now)

Jump in and join the fun!

I'll guarantee you'll feel right at home in no time flat!

Hey man,i might just do that,thanks.

Archived