Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas Player Ticket Returns‏ (for wait list) (MET)

adam@section118

I just purchased tickets and gray parking for the game

Section 448, Row 9

I will probably buy 2 more to take some more family with me. .... I am a second year STH

**** Correct that I just purchased 2 more seats, same row ... now have 4 seats total and 2 parking passes.

I have now lost the option to purchase lower rows 1-15 but still have the option to buy tickets in row 16 and up, also have option to buy standing club level tickets...

If you're referring to the email of over a week ago, we all returned the waitlist email, but the team has apparently changed their minds. Instead they sold the tix to current acct holders. There are still a few left, apparently.

You can try to log on if you want using your waitlist number. Go to redskin.com/myaccount

But when I do it, there is no ticket buying option except for a college game.

Won't give me the option for 411. But I can get an entire row in sec 408 row 26 seats 7-24. Then almost an entire row in sec 409. I have 42 tickets in my cart right now and it keeps letting me add more. CRAZY! Brokers must be having a field day!

Edit: I now have sec 409 row 25 seats 1-25. This is funny. I just wanna see how many it lets me put in my cart. My total is at $4646.40.

After I put 72 tickets in my cart, they said there were none remaining.

Won't give me the option for 411. But I can get an entire row in sec 408 row 26 seats 7-24. Then almost an entire row in sec 409. I have 42 tickets in my cart right now and it keeps letting me add more. CRAZY! Brokers must be having a field day!

Edit: I now have sec 409 row 25 seats 1-25. This is funny. I just wanna see how many it lets me put in my cart. My total is at $4646.40.

After I put 72 tickets in my cart, they said there were none remaining.

So I wonder....does that mean the Skins have 72 seats left or does the system only max out at 72 seats in your cart? Hmmmm....

RE: Brokers having a field day. Any smart broker would not touch these tickets. They could never get their money back....i.e. they would lose money purchasing the tickets for resale.

Interesting that the entire rows available are in the high corners. The same areas where empty rows have been exposed during the regular season in recent years, and very heavily over the past two weeks in preseason.

The fact that these seats are available is a sign to me that the brokers don't want them either. Although Stubhub has been holding at $109 as their cheapest listing per seat for the past two days, you'd think the TO could find buyers for less than that.

As predicted, Dallas tickets continue to trickle from the TO a week after the initial offering. I suspect this will continue until gameday now the initial surge from email list has calmed. Watch for more email reminders.

RE: Brokers having a field day. Any smart broker would not touch these tickets. They could never get their money back....i.e. they would lose money purchasing the tickets for resale.

You really dont think you could sell an Upper Level ticket for more than $80 in the next two weeks?

From Steinberg's Sports Bog:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/08/affordable_redskins_season_tic.html?wprss=dcsportsbog

"For the Dallas game I wish we had another 10,000 tickets to sell, because if we did they'd be gone," COO David Donovan told me.

:hysterical:

Well David...

There appear to be 4,156 tickets available on Stubhub as of right now. You could buy all of those and then Dan could squeeze another 6000 OV seats in before kickoff in 2 weeks and your wish would be answered....

Surely there are enough people on the "waiting list" that would be happy to purchase them.

Another thing that I was thinking about.....the availability of these seats has driven the market price down for the Dallas home opener and flooded the secondary marketplace. This will probably lead to even more Dallas fans in attendance than in prior years.

How in the hell are they going to sell this many unsold seats for Tampa? They will have to discount them, have a general public sale, or hope that the team is on a hell of a winning streak. They better start selling them now.

And lastly, the TO has to be very thankful for the brokers buying up these blocks of unsold seats, otherwise the threat of a blackout would be very real.

Does anyone remember a time when they started selling "returned" tickets 3 or 4 weeks prior to a game? Especially a Dallas home opener.

How in the hell are they going to sell this many unsold seats for Tampa?

They're not going to sell them for the other seven games and they know it. I think the TO is ok with that. Of course they'd prefer to sell them but if they can't, oh well. I think it's been the SOP for many years now.

Starting w/ the Texans game, look for more empty seats to pepper the upper deck than any year since the place opened. You can't just write these vacancies off as STH's who no show for every game.

the threat of a blackout would be very real.

I disagree. I don't think we'll ever hear the slightest hint of a blackout threat as long as Danny is in charge.

I disagree. I don't think we'll ever hear the slightest hint of a blackout threat as long as Danny is in charge.

How does Danny circumvent the league rules on this? Other teams have bucked right up against a deadline with threatened blackouts. How long until the myth about a 200,000 seat waiting list and sold out stadium is exposed?

How does Danny circumvent the league rules on this? Other teams have bucked right up against a deadline with threatened blackouts. How long until the myth about a 200,000 seat waiting list and sold out stadium is exposed?

I had always heard there is a certain dollar amount per vacant seat that has to be paid to the visiting team. If this is done everyone ignores any blackout rules.

How does Danny circumvent the league rules on this?

My theory is that as long as the visiting club gets their % of the would be ticket revenue, had every GA seat been sold, then everyone goes home happy. It's a set amount. Every visiting club owner gets the same share when they come to Landover, regardless of how many people actually show up on gameday.

Other teams have bucked right up against a deadline with threatened blackouts. How long until the myth about a 200,000 seat waiting list and sold out stadium is exposed?

I don't think the myth will ever be fully exposed b/c there's no reason to do so. Other teams are employing similar tactics to avoid the sellout/blackout regs. i.e. the NY Jets.

SonnyandSam mentioned that the league has come up w/ a policy that allows clubs like Jax to 'buy back unsold seats at 35% of cost' to avoid blackouts. This keeps the game on tv locally regardless of how many seats actually sell, yet it allows dinosaur owners like Al Davis, Mike Brown, and the Fords to employ the blackout rule as they deem necessary.

Modern thinking owners like Wayne Weaver in Jax know that blacking out games will not lead to sellouts and that it's a bad long term business model.

Has he changed his thinking on this?

There's an article today quoting his words of encouragement to the fans to help end the blackouts.

The Jags are claiming that only a few thousand STs remain unsold, hoping to get all 8 games on tv.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Jags-want-to-end-TV-blackouts-apf-3763316768.html?x=0&.v=1

Weren't all of the Jags games last season blacked out?

All but the Colts game.

Archived