Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas Player Ticket Returns‏ (for wait list) (MET)

adam@section118

Haha, you may be right. The larger point is that if the Redskins can't sell out the Dallas game, then there should be blackouts coming. But nobody is saying it will happen because Danny has found some way to evade the NFL's rules. I would welcome a blackout threat because it would force Danny to be honest with fans about his inability to sell out games and would mean that he would have to lower prices.

Haha, you may be right. The larger point is that if the Redskins can't sell out the Dallas game, then there should be blackouts coming. But nobody is saying it will happen because Danny has found some way to evade the NFL's rules. I would welcome a blackout threat because it would force Danny to be honest with fans about his inability to sell out games and would mean that he would have to lower prices.

Mr. Snyder avoids blackouts the same way any owner can. Pay the 30% of face value of any unsold general admission seats to the visiting team. Just like that the blackout goes away. No secret to it, no shananigans, just business.

Mr. Snyder avoids blackouts the same way any owner can. Pay the 30% of face value of any unsold general admission seats to the visiting team. Just like that the blackout goes away. No secret to it, no shananigans, just business.

200,000 people on the waiting list!

I think the visiting team gets 40% of sold general admission tickets, so I'm assuming Danny has to pay at least 40% for unsold tix too.

The visiting team share is 34% and the home team can buy up unsold tickets to preserve showing the game locally.

Also, player/media ticket returns are not part of the pot of tickets that must be sold to prevent a blackout. They are not GA seats. They are reserved for home team/visiting team players and media.

The visiting team share is 34% and the home team can buy up unsold tickets to preserve showing the game locally.

Also, player/media ticket returns are not part of the pot of tickets that must be sold to prevent a blackout. They are not GA seats. They are reserved for home team/visiting team players and media.

The tickets that are listed on Redskins.com are not player returns. They were season tickets that my friend had last year before giving them up.

Why are people so excited to have blackouts? Do they think it is some kind of "victory" over the owner?

No one is excited about blackouts. It's a stupid rule anyway. But the threat of a blackout would put pressure on Snyder to lower tickets, which is something to get excited about. Cheaper tickets mean that fans don't have to sell 2-3 games in order to be able to afford season tickets, which means more Redskin fans in the Stadium.

Archived