Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Network comparing Donovan to Kolb isn't fair, in my opinion. (MET)

JCamp4QB

Saw this and didn't think it was that bad. Eisen started with something like, "After a shaky start...," and they rolled the McNabb lowlights video. But the whole time it was playing they were singing our praises. At the end Eisen even said something to the effect of, "These are all his incompletions."

Not that i care, but why does the media hate us? Seems like all we get from ESPN and NFL network are haters.

my opinion is they follow the winning teams (cause they know the amount of bandwagon fans out there) they please their audience to a point in other words.....think about it? did you know many Patriots fans before they started winning SB? other then someone from that area

Funny...Philly fans think that ESPN loves D-Mac and boos the Eagles for letting him go. Seems the NFL Network wants to take the other side. By the way the running joke here in Philly (from the local broadcasters) is that worms at the Linc are safe again because D-Mac isn't here to plow the fields with his incomplete passes.....

I have heard everything from Eagles fans: He gets hurt too much, he throws too many incompletions, etc. Are they serious? McNabb has been nothing but a very good QB for Philly but they have treated him like he's JeMarcus Russell.

Yea I honestly think they ran the wrong clips. Eisen and Faulk were actually praising McNabb but the production crew showed nothing but his incompletions. Even Eisen joked saying " McNabb looked very sharp even though we're showing all of his incompletions"..lol

Then Faulk goes " yea he was arrant on some throws but he looked good.. he reminded me of John Elway on some plays with Shanahan's offense".

Simple mistake IMO

Yea I honestly think they ran the wrong clips. Eisen and Faulk were actually praising McNabb but the production crew showed nothing but his incompletions. Even Eisen joked saying " McNabb looked very sharp even though we're showing all of his incompletions"..lol

Then Faulk goes " yea he was arrant on some throws but he looked good.. he reminded me of John Elway on some plays with Shanahan's offense".

Simple mistake IMO

Bingo.

I'm sure the replay crew has clip sequences lined up for "good McNabb" talk and some lined up for "bad McNabb" talk. The analysts were expecting good clips but the board operator clicked his mouse on the bad sequence.

These threads are funny. It goes without failing that we hate the media when they talk bad and we love the guy when they talk good about our team.

When Rich Eisen, Boomer, or any one talking into a mic has a direct effect on us winning or losing a game, I will care.

I have heard everything from Eagles fans: He gets hurt too much, he throws too many incompletions, etc. Are they serious? McNabb has been nothing but a very good QB for Philly but they have treated him like he's JeMarcus Russell.
They sure have, what they need and deserve is to be on the bottom of the division for a few years, while we are playing in the post season, maybe then they will see and appreciate what they had.

I've always said McNabb is a great future HOFamer. If he had the talent at WR that some of these other QB's had he'd probably be top five all time. Hell he still has great #'s. Kolb still has a lot of growing to do. Ain't no comparison.

I have said this before...the Eagles are better w/ Kolb as their starter and we are better w/ McNabb. It is a win-win situation.

I do feel that the Skins improved their team more by acquiring McNabb, then the Eagles did by letting him go though, because the Skins not only upgraded the talent level @ the QB position, but they also added a leader on the field, and in the locker room.

Hopefully all of the disrespect that McNabb has been getting will motivate him more.

I've always said McNabb is a great future HOFamer. If he had the talent at WR that some of these other QB's had he'd probably be top five all time. Hell he still has great #'s. Kolb still has a lot of growing to do. Ain't no comparison.
Top 5 all time? He's never broken 4,000 yards! Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we have him, but let's not go nuts.....

Yep, It seems ever since Dan Snyder bought the team and assumed the role of GM, the sports media is pretty anti-Redskins. I don't think it is the team itself, more the organization.

Notice how the minute a player leaves the Skins, their stock all of the sudden goes up, yet when they come here, suddenly they are an overpaid bum. Look at Campbell. Last year the sports media was pretty much starting to accept that guy was not who they originally thought and that he is not a franchise QB, remember John Gruden grilling Campbell on game tape on the MNF game? Then suddenly he gets traded to the Raiders, an organization arguably more screwed up than this one, and suddenly he is going to be the saivor of the Raiders, and some are picking them to win a wildcard birth. Wow.

Hopefully with a Real Coach and Real GM....things will change.

Simple mistake IMO

I was thinking the same thing. I've noticed NFL network does stuff like that fairly consistently.

While I'm not surprised in the least, it just goes to show what tools they really are. McNabb with countless NCFCGs and pro bowls and this other clown aren't even in the same sentence. The idea of dumping McNabb in favor of him is absolute craziness (but i'm glad they did!)

DM will get 2 chances in the near future to show the eagles they made a huge mistake. Those games are going to be fun to watch, must see football!!

I do agree. It's gonna be a sweet victory for us and him as well....his end is going to definitely be personal/ :eaglesuck

Archived