Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Missed this. So I have to ask, out of curiosity, what part of what Klopp say's or who he's shown that right through his career aren't you buying exactly?

Hail.

The Klopp quote was you sign a player for 100m and he then gets injured, then the team is essentially screwed...or up the chimney in his words. I disagree as that is a generic statement. If Klopp did that at LFC, you would be as that would likely be his entire budget. At Utd, if they sign Pogba and he get injured, are they screwed to the same extent? I don't think they are.

The only ICC matches where you need to bring the book so far are Chelsea matches.

Two yellows already today and getting shredded by Real.

OH WHAT A GOAL FOR MARIANO

Should've been another yellow for Pedro and he should be off.

And remember... Firmino's goal was waived off and he was ONSIDE lol

No no should have been no reds today.  As a matter of fact Real put in more crunching tackles.  

Anyway, we got torched in the first half.  Neither squad playing near full strength, but that's Real's depth shone through.  They are better than us, no delusions here.  Lol we scored 2 goals after our best player came out against their u-18s essentially.  If Chelsea does not sign defensive players we are in huge, massive, enormous trouble.  Enough of this Lukaku crap why can't we sign 2 defenders.  It's baffling. 

Thought Chelsea had the more experienced squad, most of that 11 were starters or have started.  Basically no Hazard and no Costa and that's about it.

Real just had some scary as youngins and Marcelo took it personally that they weren't marking him in the final third.

Whole-heartedly agree with you on defenders.  Word is Conte is looking in Italy now (of course he is).

Get to see Sturridge and Origi tonight :)

And Wijnaldum... and hopefully Emre Can

I wish the game was before 12 am.  Doubt I stay up that late.  

We def had the more experienced squad out there.  But still, Pedro, Loftus Cheek, Traore, Aina, Begovic, Oscar, Matic, Terry even now are all squad players moving forward.  More experienced, definitely.  Better, nah prolly not.

Marcelo is really damn good.  In fifa he has 3* skills...that mother ****er deserves at least 4!

• Like 1

0-0 at HT.  Milan just looking for the counter.  Nothing for them in possession and no interest to be there.

Coutinho and Mane both should've scored, even Lallana.

Tough breaking it down but pace was good and ball movement was very good.

Mignolet hasn't had to make a save but that hasn't stopped him from making it interesting.

Milan- Chelsea should be a stormer Wednesday huh?

Hail.

:lol:

Too much Italian going on in that one for me.  Might dvr it to help me sleep that night, though.

Junior has age placement tryouts that afternoon anyway.  He wants to try to play a league up, so we'll see. 

• Like 1

With all the talk over Pogba and big money signings, one man is bucking the trend. That's why we employed him. He's building a football club. Not just for the short term. 

Klopp unconcerned by Liverpool FC rivals' spending power - Liverpool Echo

Jurgen Klopp says the spending power of Liverpool’s Premier League rivals doesn’t bother him as he insisted: “I want to do it differently" ..... “If you bring one player in for £100million or whatever and he gets injured then it all goes through the chimney,” Klopp said.

​Taking of, live chat with him right now as I type as the club builds towards the third kit launch: 

https://www.facebook.com/LiverpoolFC/videos/vb.67920382572/10154526635422573/?type=2&theater

ny  w

Hailg

His talk is just like me saying I won't date a super model.,  Funny to read but there is N0 way that top players o to pool.  You are just another mid table side.

Another frustrating half in the States. 

First half observations: 

Individuals:

Trent A-A looking real comfortable both ends the park in his natural RB position. As he's shown all pre-season, kids a footballer. Which is made even better by him being a Scouser. Milner showing why he's the perfect utility guy playing LB. For all the crap he get's, he's one of the most consistent players around. Nothing standout. But everything he does is just solid. In whatever position he's asked to do it. Ragnar the Red is in danger of starting at this rate. Positional he's fantastic. Not only in his own role but the way he covers for others. Strong the tackle. Comfortable on the ball. Strong the air. And gives the balance the left side. What's not to love? Wynaldum quite but very tidy with he's done the middle, setting up Sturbridge twice with nice balls who should of done a lot better finishing but this is his first game pre-season. No worries on that score. Mane will be a joy to watch this year. Very impressed with his workmate and the defensive side of his game. But his pace in behind is something we just haven't had save for Divock. Should of scored though. Real poor miss when he hit the 'keeper. 

Collectively: 

Completely dominant ala the Chelsea game, against a team that parked the bus as bad as Chelsea (that will be a thriller Wednesday. Milan- Chelsea. NOT!), but lacking the final ball/ finish again. Solid defensively, good shape with a slightly different formation. Nice pace considering again we had another full go training session this AM, again ala Chelsea. But need to add that cutting edge. Only really worked the 'keeper the once the 41st minute. 

And that kit! Christ, that horrific affair is going to blind someone this year. No word of a lie. One of the single worst kits we've EVER had. And we've had some ****e the PL era. 

Oh yeah, Suso is exactly what we remember. WAY too lightweight and absolutely non-existent when it matters. Complete waste of a technically very good footballer. 

Hail. 

• Like 2

His talk is just like me saying I won't date a super model., Funny to read but there is N0 way that top players o to pool. You are just another mid table side.

didn't you already say that? Repeating ****ty takes like skip bayless? You drunk? Mid table in the bunde is akin to the championship in England. Pool at 8 and Chelsea at 10 would be top 1-3 in Deutschland.

• Like 1

What goddamn channel is this game all i see on ESPN is some E:60 about a female fencer and sportscenter 

It's on ESPN, they switched E60 to espn2, bro

His talk is just like me saying I won't date a super model.,  Funny to read but there is N0 way that top players o to pool.  You are just another mid table side.

You spend a lot of time trying to convince us of that...

And a lot of time on a midtable side...

• Like 1

Yea, just back from vacation in time to see the greatest soccer club on earth!

Missed first 15 mins but like what I saw from Klavan, Georginio, and Mane with Lallana together is fun. Final product needs work, but shifting guys around will do that.

Ragnar is going to be a starter...soon.

Was in Ann Arbor this afternoon as my youngest was touring UM.

All those blue Samsung jerseys almost made me puke. Wife kept reminding me that it was just me and 4 girls...calm down.

Was a nice week of family and fun, back in "Dutch" America!

• Like 2

Pool are the sad side that are allowed into a game because they are the team that is great lots of years ago but now is mid level side and can  be laughed at  because they are a mid level club.

And that drives you crazy doesn't it