Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Lol. The 18 year old keeper is on outfield. Got to love friendlies.

Hail.

You laugh out loud, I say let the kid play!  He could score for us :lol:

Be very happy with that. Good fee the last year of his contract. 

Hail. 

Tickled pink, myself.

But you know Swansea will have a say.

• Like 1

Finished 2-0 again. Non-descript second half with the Lucas injury and young 'keeper up front. Finally scored a pen. Kent won it 2 mins the end. Moreno scored it. L'pool fans booing because the 'keeper never took it haha. Good work out. Some tasty tackles and Wagner had Huddersfield a mirror image of ourselves and working hard. Very good defensive organisation as Hudds. had the possession second half but did notion' with it. Means nottin' but 4 straight clean sheets is very pleasing. 

Now on the plane early morning and America. Step it up another notch.

Oh yeah, record ever friendly crowd for Huddersfield. 21 K plus. There's a rumour that we're no longer a big draw .....

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Finished 2-0 again. Non-descript second half with the Lucas injury and young 'keeper up front. Finally scored a pen. Kent won it 2 mins the end. Moreno scored it. L'pool fans booing because the 'keeper never took it haha. Good work out. Some tasty tackles and Wagner had Huddersfield a mirror image of ourselves and working hard. Very good defensive organisation as Hudds. had the possession second half but did notion' with it. Means nottin' but 4 straight clean sheets is very pleasing. 

Now on the plane early morning and America. Step it up another notch.

Hail. 

He grabbed a couple of Germans for his back 4 and a holding mid already so you knew they were going to eventually have the possession.

Wagner took them from the relegation zone to 11 points clear the end of last year.  He'll do well.

That was a good test.  Plenty to work on.

:lol:

I love our fans

Anfield Observer@AnfieldObserver 4m4 minutes ago

Reserve team goalkeeper Shamal George looked a better attacking player than Lazar Markovic tonight. The Serbian needs to move asap #LFC

Think Moyes is decent, will do a good job in the PL. Had no chance at Man U.

Big Sam to England, would be ****ing awful.........but Steve Bruce would be worse haha.

And Pogba at £100m plus.......words fail me.

I'm with you on the Pogba money.

That is STUPID money, but I've got two ****s to give and neither is for United lol.

With you on Moyes, we'll always have a special place for him, though.  He'll do well for them.  I actually think his points rate was either equal to or just over what LVGs was.

• Like 1

Congratulations to Celtic FC for overcoming the relentless onslaught of noted superclub Lincoln Red Imps and continuing their historic 2016 UEFA Champions League quest.

Loved how he got the excuses in early by saying pre-game it was no easy game and they had a real hard fight on their hands. Against the sheep farmers and hairdressers from the Rock that had probably never even been outside Gibraltar before. 

Get used to it Celtic fans. I give you a month of his pressers before you're fixing to kill him to save the embarrassment.

Hail. 

Pep loses his City debut to Munich.  Was that one in America?

Pogba to United.

Joe Allen fee agreed with Stoke (13 mil)

Celtic overcome the mighty Imps (3-0)

Rafa flirting with us over Wijnaldum

Big Sam to England

Moyes to Sunderland

Busy day... did I miss anything?

Pep loses his City debut to Munich.  Was that one in America?

Pogba to United.

Joe Allen fee agreed with Stoke (13 mil)

Celtic overcome the mighty Imps (3-0)

Rafa flirting with us over Wijnaldum

Big Sam to England

Moyes to Sunderland

Busy day... did I miss anything?

The Yank kid played the full 90 minutes up front for Munich. 

Big Soccer melts down in a jizz fest. Neglecting to note he'll do well to play a handful of times there this year. 

Think that covers it. 

Oh yeah, and this from a straight talking Yorkshireman on the pitch H/T tonight:

HT entertainment. Fella on mic says to fan on the pitch: 'but why aren't you a Huddersfield fan? Reply: 'cos Town are ****e'.

​That covers everything.

Hail.

• Like 1

Wijnaldum done! Around the £25 mill mark plus add-ons. Which suggests to me he'll be far more than a mere squad player being as we know Jurgen doesn't throw that sort of money around casually. Absolutely made up with that the more I've thought about it. You can NEVER have enough goals and speed in your side. And that's 2 of the 5 highest goalscoring midfielders we've now added from last season. Fits perfectly into the quick transition Jurgen likes and what we struggled with at times last year down to having little pace. 

Great to wake unto this AM. We adding 'working through the night' now to our new transfer kick-ass attitude? Haha. 

Trent Alexander-Arnold and Evie Ejaria (along with George as 'keeper <or striker haha> cover) are the two kids to make the plane. Real opportunity for A-A to bag the back-up RB slot if Flanno goes to Burnley for the year. Been even more impressive that he's looked a natural in midfield and out wide thus far when he's ostensibly been a RB coming through. Plus, you can NEVER have enough Scousers in the side! 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Two starts. Three assists. One of England's most dangerous attacking threats. So of course Boothroyd put's Ojo on the bench for the U-19's Euro semi against Italy starting in 10 minutes. 

England. Be it The Hodge, Boothroyd or now Allardyce, you couldn't make it up. 

http://laliga-live.xyz/stream8.php

Hail. 

Only thing that I think Big Sam might bring to the England squad is some grit and determination.  But that might also depend on how he chooses his team.  It'll be ugly.  And if results don't follow (and even if they do) he'll be quickly maligned.  

• Like 1

England deservedly got beat 2-1. Ojo 'officially' with 4 assists through 4 games. (2 starts.). Although it was a comical oggie off the Italians shoulder for the English goal today. Came on way too late. Looked England's best attacking threat again when he did on both wings. 

Added bonus that England have qualified for next year's U-20 WC by reaching this stage so a good chance of some more excellent experience for the developing boys. 

Very good tournament and very good experience for Sheyi who now fly's straight out to America so that's a bonus for L'pool to have him join the start the US training camp having used this tourney  for his early pre-season work. 

Hail. 

Gotze back to dortmund is one of the funniest things i've ever heard.  I follow Dortmund fairly closely and it's just so surprising that he's coming back.  

He's 18m transfer.  Wijnaldum is 25m transfer.  I think Gotze is the better player but it's just interesting to see the final price tags for two liverpool targets.  There's far more money in the EPL than the bundes though, so I bet if Gotze went to pool the price would have been much higher than 18m.  

• Like 1

Gotze back to dortmund is one of the funniest things i've ever heard.  I follow Dortmund fairly closely and it's just so surprising that he's coming back.  

He's 18m transfer.  Wijnaldum is 25m transfer.  I think Gotze is the better player but it's just interesting to see the final price tags for two liverpool targets.  There's far more money in the EPL than the bundes though, so I bet if Gotze went to pool the price would have been much higher than 18m.  

Fee's low because it's the last year of his contract and Munich have no wiggle room. Same with ourselves and Joe Allen. 

We had an £20 million fee agreed the start of the summer. But then Gotze started pissing us about, which came across to Klopp as though we where his second choice and he was waiting for a Champions League club, so we ditched it and moved swiftly on to Mane. 

Fella must have big ones if the BVB fans I talked to out there last year is anything to go by. He's not well liked there at all after the B/S way that all played out culmination in him jibbing out the European Cup with a, let's say, VERY spurious 'injury.' Going to the team they absolutely detest and not wanting to play against them that final was the final nail. He's a LONG way to go to get back in their good graces. 

But that's Dortmund's concern. Well moved on from Mario Gotze. Klopp turned Gotze into the player he is. Our was when he was at Dortmund the first go-around. Hopefully he can do the same with Wijnaldum's undoubted talent. 

Hail. 

Well, Celtic and Rodgers are still in the UCL, imagine that:

http://www.espnfc.us/report?gameId=452643

Guess he's not such a bad manager after all.  At least those Celtic fans can see their sides in Europe and have those memorable "Celtic Nights".

Plus, Europa qualifying today.  Lots of competitive matches all over Europe. Sweet.

From the Dortmund boards, most are very happy to have him back.  They know how well he has played for them and I expect very good things from him.  Was never going to a side not in the UCL, just like I called 3 months ago.  He wants to play at the highest levels to stay in running to start in WC qualifying and the next WC.