Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Almost perfect day for Bayern.  Nice 5-0 win - back to back clean sheets for Neuer, which is nice.  Lewa getting another but the best was seeing Mueller finally scoring.  I believe that his lack of scoring has been a big problem for Bayern.  If he can get back on form (ie pre-Euros), then Bayern can be a force in the UCL.

In the BL, Dortmund drew and Leipzig loses, putting Bayern back on top (yes, by Goal Differential), so I'll take it.

Now let's see the Skins spank the iggles to make it a perfect weekend.

• Like 1

This is delicious.

I hope it lasts.

9 minutes ago, btfoom said:

Almost perfect day for Bayern.  Nice 5-0 win - back to back clean sheets for Neuer, which is nice.  Lewa getting another but the best was seeing Mueller finally scoring.  I believe that his lack of scoring has been a big problem for Bayern.  If he can get back on form (ie pre-Euros), then Bayern can be a force in the UCL.

In the BL, Dortmund drew and Leipzig loses, putting Bayern back on top (yes, by Goal Differential), so I'll take it.

Now let's see the Skins spank the iggles to make it a perfect weekend.

999 minutes without scoring I thought I saw?

Was that just cause of Euros you think?

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

So I take it all the absolute reactionary bellends at Sky and the like will now be ruling City out of the title chase and saying you're never gonna' win the league with goalkeeping and defending like that? Being as they've spent the past week talking out of their collective behinds doing that with L'pool like.

Hail. 

Our folks couldn't wait to blame the suspensions.  I suspect yours were the same.

1 minute ago, DC9 said:

Our folks couldn't wait to blame the suspensions.  I suspect yours were the same.

Dunno'. Turned off at 3-0 and the game over. 

But they'll doubtless be spinning a COMPLTELY different narrative to the one they've pushed all week on L'pool. 

Then we we blamm West Ham 6 or 7 tomorrow they'll be back all over us. ****s! 

Hail. 

2 hours ago, DC9 said:

This is delicious.

I hope it lasts.

999 minutes without scoring I thought I saw?

Was that just cause of Euros you think?

Can't believe the City-Leicester score.  Amazing.

I don't 'blame' the Euros, but I think that was where he started his problems.  I know it was only one today, but hope Mueller can keep it up.

How do you boys feel about tomorrow vs West Ham?  I think it should be a pretty lopsided affair.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, btfoom said:

Can't believe the City-Leicester score.  Amazing.

I don't 'blame' the Euros, but I think that was where he started his problems.  I know it was only one today, but hope Mueller can keep it up.

How do you boys feel about tomorrow vs West Ham?  I think it should be a pretty lopsided affair.

West Ham are a bunch of goons.  We always have problems with them.  Even as down as they are.

3 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

We do?

Hail. 

They got us twice last year didn't they?

And regardless of form they just trifle the whole game.  Remember in 14 when Carrol punched Mignolet in the face and they still counted the goal?

36 minutes ago, DC9 said:

They got us twice last year didn't they?

And regardless of form they just trifle the whole game.  Remember in 14 when Carrol punched Mignolet in the face and they still counted the goal?

Don't be fooled by last season lil' bro'. 

Last year when West Ham won 3 and drew the other of the encounters is a complete abnormality. 

Last years 3-0 home loss was West Ham's first win at Anfield since 1963! 45 games. With only 12 draws and 33 loses. The 3 goals they scored is only the second ever time they've scored three at Anfield. The previous being back in 1928! All time, they've visited 60 times, taking away a grand total of FOUR wins and 16 draws to show for it. In the PL era, they've visited 20 times, with ONE win, 5 draws and 14 defeats. 

Soz to go looking up hard stats but West Ham is as good an example of a home banker as there is for L'pool. 

Hail. 

6 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Don't be fooled by last season lil' bro'. 

Last year when West Ham won 3 and drew the other of the encounters is a complete abnormality. 

Last years 3-0 home loss was West Ham's first win at Anfield since 1963! 45 games. With only 12 draws and 33 loses. The 3 goals they scored is only the second ever time they've scored three at Anfield. The previous being back in 1928! All time, they've visited 60 times, taking away a grand total of FOUR wins and 16 draws to show for it. In the PL era, they've visited 20 times, with ONE win, 5 draws and 14 defeats. 

Soz to go looking up hard stats but West Ham is as good an example of a home banker as there is for L'pool. 

Hail. 

I'm just saying, the play a goonish brand of football.  Always have and always will.  No matter how many Payets they get in there.

I don't enjoy those games.

I'll be missing this one full disclosure anyway.  Have to make it up to Philly so we're leaving early in the morning.

Found an LFC bar in Philly but it's going to be a pain in the ass to watch anything but the first half.  I'll have to watch it when I get home tomorrow night.

I'm hard up for a competative match, though.  Watching MLS cup tonight lol.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DC9 said:

I'm just saying, the play a goonish brand of football.  Always have and always will.  No matter how many Payets they get in there.

I don't enjoy those games.

I'll be missing this one full disclosure anyway.  Have to make it up to Philly so we're leaving early in the morning.

Found an LFC bar in Philly but it's going to be a pain in the ass to watch anything but the first half.  I'll have to watch it when I get home tomorrow night.

I'm hard up for a competative match, though.  Watching MLS cup tonight lol.

West Ham are utter ****e and in complete disarray. They're in free fall and headed out of the league. Bilic, who could well be sacked before Christmas, maybe even next week after we batter them, has publicly called them out this week for not training hard enough. This after he bombed out a solid 'keeper in Adrian for some bizarre reason and replaced him with a bang average one win Randolph. Who got publicly called out on the pitch by Winston Reid last Sat'day for his ****e decision making. When that's happening, you know there's SERIOUS dressing room issues. They're injury hit all over the park to add to their woes. If they play anywhere near as high a line and attack as they have the last two against Utd and Arsenal more fool them as they'll get volleyed all over the park. 

And then you throw in they're facing a REAL pissed L'pool coming off the back of a game they should never of lost. And playing these pissed Reds is just about the single worst opponent you could wish for right now. 

Think we absolutely smash them 6/7/8 to start another long 15 game or so unbeaten run. Seriously. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DC9 said:

Ahem... there's an American football game being played there tomorrow with playoff implications :P

Oh, that. I thought it had deeper, personal implications. 

Stay safe and watch your back in that ****hole lil' bro'. (Rhetorical as I don't need to say that to you.). Stay out of arguments! (This I DO need to say to you! You can't kill everyone with one finger. People get pissy over that ****!).

We aren't making the playoffs. As I predicted draft day Dallas are winning it all.

Sincerely hope I'm Ballo wrong on both. 

Safe trip and have a boss day!

'Pool.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2