Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

BRILLIANT Long n left. Made up for you. Now where's this job!!!!! :P

Whoever wanted Maguire in Red wants a serious slap. What a horrible little fat ****e he is. 

Was it him who booted the ball the corner flag the drop ball instead of giving it back Karius? Certainly, the same prick who got Can the booking for hanging on the ball the back the net after Mo's first (Leicester being what Leicester are. A bunch of ****s. Leaving the leg in. Time wasting. Agitating.). 

Talking Can, he and Matip were the worst Reds on the park for the second straight game. How anyone pushes them over Handerson and Lovren, neither who've been great this year,
is beyond me.

Was Sadio off on both his disallowed goals? Couldn't tell the one down the Anny but he certainly looked on the one Kop end second half. Thoroughly dominant display as soon as Matip and Can F-ed up the opener. Just a pity it wasn't a few more on a 
real cold, windy afternoon. Props to Gomez and Lorrie Karius who were superb again in Joe's case and real solid and commanding in the good-looking ****s case. And what can you say about Mo? Mad how he's the new Kenny lol. 

What's that? 10 wins, 5 draws since the Tottenham debacle. Potentially 4 points out of second if Southampton can hold this or better second half. 

And a massive buzz the ground after the van Dijk pick-up finally. 

Up the New Year Making Reds! 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Was Sadio off on both his disallowed goals? Couldn't tell the one down the Anny but he certainly looked on the one Kop end second half. 

Clearly off the second half, but just as offside as Mahrez, the goal, in the first.

Thought the push in the box on Mo could've been given. Looked worse than Lovren's the Derby.

All in all solid win. Mo should have had a hat trick, and many other missed chances. Matip looked lost out there, especially first half, and if Henderson can make it back by February, I'd be all for selling Can at the end of the window. Get something for him, at least.

Keep hearing rumblings about Daniel going out on loan, and Goretzka a done deal. This could be one awesome January.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I still think there’s a good chance Goretzka ends up at Bayern.  Vidal is gonna be sold somewhere soon.  I can’t see him going to Liverpool over Juventus, Bayern or Barca.  He very well could but if he’s really focused on UCL those three clubs have made much better showings in recent time. Coutinho potentially heading to Barca could really kill Pool’s momentum too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I still think there’s a good chance Goretzka ends up at Bayern.  Vidal is gonna be sold somewhere soon.  I can’t see him going to Liverpool over Juventus, Bayern or Barca.  He very well could but if he’s really focused on UCL those three clubs have made much better showings in recent time. Coutinho potentially heading to Barca could really kill Pool’s momentum too.

The Bundesliga is their feeder club of course there's a good chance he ends up there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

The Bundesliga is their feeder club of course there's a good chance he ends up there. 

You are very uninformed if you still think that. Many clubs in the bundasliga poach more then they do. Dortmund took like 6+ players in one transfer window few years ago from other clubs in the league. Bayern has only taken Lewy (Out of contract after Dortmund lowballed), Hummels (He requested it and we sent Gotze back.), Sule (Was going to leave the club anyway), and Rudy (Need due to Thiago’s injury history and aging Vidal.). Logic says they will target good German players as its benefits the club culture and the national team.  Also like the big clubs in England don’t steal players from the lower clubs. Difference is they try to ravage Spain and Germany now because of the ridiculous transfer fees in England where 75 mil is fine for a somewhat ok defender.  We all know Klopp was covering his words over transfer fees cuz he knows his club is contributing to the outrageous fees. So spare us the transfer lecture. Last I checked we weren’t the ones ruining the transfer market with stupid amounts of money thrown around for even mediocre players.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

22 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

You are very uninformed if you still think that. Many clubs in the bundasliga poach more then they do. Dortmund took like 6+ players in one transfer window few years ago from other clubs in the league. Bayern has only taken Lewy (Out of contract after Dortmund lowballed), Hummels (He requested it and we sent Gotze back.), Sule (Was going to leave the club anyway), and Rudy (Need due to Thiago’s injury history and aging Vidal.). Logic says they will target good German players as its benefits the club culture and the national team.  Also like the big clubs in England don’t steal players from the lower clubs. Difference is they try to ravage Spain and Germany now because of the ridiculous transfer fees in England where 75 mil is fine for a somewhat ok defender.  We all know Klopp was covering his words over transfer fees cuz he knows his club is contributing to the outrageous fees. So spare us the transfer lecture. Last I checked we weren’t the ones ruining the transfer market with stupid amounts of money thrown around for even mediocre players.

Nice of you to make my point for me, and I'll preface this by saying that I'm talking about regular starters to stars in the point I'm about to make. Manchester United will never be able to buy a player from Liverpool or City. Liverpool or Manchester City will never be able to buy a player from Manchester United. Chelsea had to go through a drawn out saga and pay WAY above market for Ashley Cole, same for City buying Sterling. Arsenal will sell the occasional top player to City or United, but it's few and far between and in every case the player is in his late 20s. Daniel Levy would probably poison one of his players before agreeing to sell him to anyone in the Premier League now a day. Bayern Munich will succeed about 90% of the time when they want a player from Bundesliga, no matter how good, how old, and who the team losing the player is. 

Edited by Berggy9598
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Nice of you to make my point for me, and I'll preface this by saying that I'm talking about regular starters to stars in the point I'm about to make. Manchester United will never be able to buy a player from Liverpool or City. Liverpool or Manchester City will never be able to buy a player from Manchester United. Chelsea had to go through a drawn out saga and pay WAY above market for Ashley Cole, same for City buying Sterling. Arsenal will sell the occasional top player to City or United, but it's few and far between and in every case the player is in his late 20s. Daniel Levy would probably poison one of his players before agreeing to sell him to anyone in the Premier League now a day. Bayern Munich will succeed about 90% of the time when they want a player from Bundesliga, no matter how good, how old, and who the team losing the player is. 

Last I checked Sanchez is basically set to go to Man City and Man Utd lost Welbeck to Arsenal. I’m sure I could go on.  If German clubs don’t resign their players why is Bayern required to let them walk to someone else? Sounds more like bitterness that Bayern steps in.  If a player wants to go there or a club doesn’t pay up Bayern has just as much right to go for them.  Would England clubs just sit there if Chelsea let Hazard walk? Or if Utd let Pogba walk away? If you are suggesting Bayern has no right to go after talent in Germany but England teams can poach other clubs for talent and youth that’s beyond hypocritical.

I made be wrong but didn’t one of City’s most famous strikers (Aguero) get his first break at Utd? 

5 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Last I checked Sanchez is basically set to go to Man City and Man Utd lost Welbeck to Arsenal. I’m sure I could go on.  If German clubs don’t resign their players why is Bayern required to let them walk to someone else? Sounds more like bitterness that Bayern steps in.  If a player wants to go there or a club doesn’t pay up Bayern has just as much right to go for them.  Would England clubs just sit there if Chelsea let Hazard walk? Or if Utd let Pogba walk away? If you are suggesting Bayern has no right to go after talent in Germany but England teams can poach other clubs for talent and youth that’s beyond hypocritical.

I made be wrong but didn’t one of City’s most famous strikers (Aguero) get his first break at Utd? 

Sanchez is (as I stated) in his late 20s and may even be 30 by the time he gets there. Welbeck was surplus and not wanted. English clubs would and do sit there in situations like that because the selling club will other suck the blood of the buying team if it's another PL team, or wouldn't sell at all. For example, Modric did everything but beg to go to Chelsea, and ended up at Real. Hazard will never play for another Premier League club, you can book that. Bayern is not required to do anything, but they're in a position in their league that no team in England or Spain for that matter (Atletico sells to Barca, but there will probably never be another big transfer between Real and Barca, and Atletico won't sell a player to Real) gets to be in. I enjoy watching the Bundesliga, but in terms of emotional investment I could give a rat's behind about any Bundesliga club, so I have no reason to be bitter. 

30 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Sanchez is (as I stated) in his late 20s and may even be 30 by the time he gets there. Welbeck was surplus and not wanted. English clubs would and do sit there in situations like that because the selling club will other suck the blood of the buying team if it's another PL team, or wouldn't sell at all. For example, Modric did everything but beg to go to Chelsea, and ended up at Real. Hazard will never play for another Premier League club, you can book that. Bayern is not required to do anything, but they're in a position in their league that no team in England or Spain for that matter (Atletico sells to Barca, but there will probably never be another big transfer between Real and Barca, and Atletico won't sell a player to Real) gets to be in. I enjoy watching the Bundesliga, but in terms of emotional investment I could give a rat's behind about any Bundesliga club, so I have no reason to be bitter. 

Barca and Real take good talent within their league all the time. Real’s Asensio was a 5 mil transfer. 5mil! That kid is absolutely incredible. Real and Barca have had big transfers but the hostility will never allow another. Atleast directly. Neymar may make the hop using PSG. Bayern has the financial resources to get talent should other clubs not protect their players.  They most definitely look outside their league though. Last transfer period they were focused on EPL and La Liga.  I can’t blame them for targeting German talent if it becomes available though. Especially with the psycho transfer fees now.

5 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Keep hearing rumblings about Daniel going out on loan, and Goretzka a done deal. This could be one awesome January.

Talking transfers, I got a real ranting text earlier from a Blue telling me (censored version) it's apparently an absolute disgrace that L'pool are allowed to sign players before the window and everyone else has to wait until January. He'd seen van Dijk MOTD at Anfield to set him off. 

I never had the heart to tell him. Or maybe it was the side-splitting laughter that stopped me replying. 

The gift that keeps on giving.

Hail. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

On this New Years Eve, I'd like to award this late entry not just ES Post of the Year. 

Not just ES Soccer Thread Post of the Year. 

But Winning the Entire Internet Post of 2017. 

Congratulations to Berggy9598 for encapsulating the exact balance between understated irony, accidental in-house humour and outright truth in 16 simple words. :headbang:

Hail. 

*Edit* 2017 competition  now closed. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Just literally catching up on the overnight latest Barcelona/ Nike Coutinho disgrace in detail. 

It's high time L'pool followed Atlético and reported Barcelona. This scandalous, almost daily tapping up through various means of Phil has LONG worn thin and passed acceptable. 

Them and Madrid man. Arguably the two most glamorous football clubs on the planet. 

DEFO the two most despicable!

Hail. 

• Like 2

Been real critical of our home crowd on these here pages often this year but nice to see the media at large give us props this AM for yesterday. 

We've been absolutely pathetic to our detriment on way too many occasions to remember this season but yesterday was old school. Edgy. On top. Vociferous. The right type of moody. We played a massive part in the Reds turning that around. 

The intimidating home advantage Anfield should be EVERY game.

Hail. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Just literally catching up on the overnight latest Barcelona/ Nike Coutinho disgrace in detail. 

It's high time L'pool followed Atlético and reported Barcelona. This scandalous, almost daily tapping up through various means of Phil has LONG worn thin and passed acceptable. 

Oh please, you quickly need to re-open your 2017 post of the year competition. 

You could easily win with this little gem :rofl89:

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Come on mate. If you're gonna' troll, at least put some effort into it.

- marks for not trying. 

Hail.

"almost daily tapping up through various means of Phil"....

what's the basis for that statement then if I'm the one trolling....and a Liverpool fan frowning over the art of tapping up in football. That's funny man :rofl89:

21 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

"almost daily tapping up through various means of Phil"....

what's the basis for that statement then if I'm the one trolling....and a Liverpool fan frowning over the art of tapping up in football. That's funny man :rofl89:

We apologized and left it out.  van Dijk eventually forced the move.

Barcalona are looking for houses for Phil, including him in the team secret Santa, including jerseys of him now... that's ****ing ridiculous even you would have to admit.

2 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Hearing that Goretzka to Bayern is done and has been done for awhile. Multiple sources reporting. Cheers!

Huh?  That's good ****ing ****, pimp!  Good for you guys to steal a German talent from the Bundesliga.  That is a bold strategy that will eventually pay off.

By the way, I'm glad you're back from your self-imposed hiatus after the throbbing red rocket that creased the backside of your club over the summer.  (I used the spainish highlights just in case you have your Madrid kit on - they even discuss De Gea a bit in there just in case you're feeling homesick for a Manc Wank).

Now run and grab Fred.... hurry

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, DC9 said:

We apologized and left it out.  van Dijk eventually forced the move.

Barcalona are looking for houses for Phil, including him in the team secret Santa, including jerseys of him now... that's ****ing ridiculous even you would have to admit.

Huh?  That's good ****ing ****, pimp!  Good for you guys to steal a German talent from the Bundesliga.  That is a bold strategy that will eventually pay off.

By the way, I'm glad you're back from your self-imposed hiatus after the throbbing red rocket that creased the backside of your club over the summer.  (I used the spainish highlights just in case you have your Madrid kit on - they even discuss De Gea a bit in there just in case you're feeling homesick for a Manc Wank).

Now run and grab Fred.... hurry

Aww someone’s sounds mad their passive aggressive English media couldn’t shove Goretzka to EPL.  So sorry Bayern go about it’s business in professional manner and handle it quietly. You should try sometime before calling out Barca.

Are you seriously bragging about Friendlies? Is that what Liverpool lives on now?  That’s cute.  

Atleast you all still have Emre for now.  Brilliant getting Keita the way you did under everyone’s noses or he’d be probably be at another club this summer.  So sly. Makes me think of Barcelona ?.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88