Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

This broke yesterday: EXCLUSIVE: Liverpool set to transform Kirkby Academy into £50million first-team training complex - Liverpool Echo

Not before time everyone was in the same facility again. Not least now with a manager so invested in youth promotion. 

And now today: Consultation begins on redevelopment of LFC’s Academy site - Liverpool FC

First plans of the Kirkby redevelopment. Great that there's so much going back into the local community and grass roots football too along with good use for housing planned out of Melwood. All for the club giving back. 

With the awesome new main stand and the way it's opened up everything around the ground and the continued redevelopment going on at Anfield, to now this; you're really getting the feel that L'pool is FINALLY becoming a bona fide 21st Century football club in every facet. 

It's been WAY too long we've lagged behind in the PL era but everything is gradually being put in place to enable us to rival anyone on the World stage once more. 

Hail. 

1 minute ago, SkinssRvA said:

Ranieri winning the toughest league in football at 5000-1 and winning manager of the year....

then sacked.  That's a real damn shame

Disgraceful. Owners panicking over losing the PL money and completely forgetting what he's done there. Ungrateful ****s. 

Everything that's SO wrong with today's game. Money and a lack of patience. 

Just happy FSG are all in on Klopp for the next 6 years at least to allow him to properly build a football club. 

Hail. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Just happy FSG are all in on Klopp for the next 6 years at least to allow him to properly build a football club. 

Hail. 

Klopp's a pretty loyal guy.  Liverpool have a good thing going on now with him and their club.  

But I think you'd sooner see Klopp leave for new pastures than Liverpool sack him. Though, tbf, I said that about Mourinho w/ Chelsea too.  

22 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Piss poor that. Win the league then get sacked 9 months later. 

That right there encapsulates EVERYTHING that is wrong with the modern game.

Hail. 

Plus, the owners were the ones who decided to cash in on some of the team's vital players.  What did they expect.

I don't understand the timing, though.  Seems to be the WORST side to have to play against (Liverpool) with a care-taker manager.

Also, Spurs in very difficult position in Europa League.  Down 2-1 aggregate, gave away home goal, and Delle out with RC due to his horror tackle (easily a leg breaker).

• Like 1

Considering Leicester are in a good position to get out of the Round of 16 I don't understand why they sacked him after that result.  A couple of weeks ago I'd have understood it more.  I still think it's disgraceful.  It really seems like the players just quit and it's pretty shameful.  They are supposed to be built for a relegation battle more than a championship run and they completely capitulated.

Also, I'm really think Wayne Shaw having to resign is pretty messed up.  Sun Bet really should take the fall here.  It has no bearing on the game, and the fact that he knew there was a bet about him eating a pie, no matter what he did he was influencing the situation.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Old Bay said:

Considering Leicester are in a good position to get out of the Round of 16 I don't understand why they sacked him after that result.  A couple of weeks ago I'd have understood it more.  I still think it's disgraceful.  It really seems like the players just quit and it's pretty shameful.  They are supposed to be built for a relegation battle more than a championship run and they completely capitulated.

Also, I'm really think Wayne Shaw having to resign is pretty messed up.  Sun Bet really should take the fall here.  It has no bearing on the game, and the fact that he knew there was a bet about him eating a pie, no matter what he did he was influencing the situation.  

Let's not forget Ranieri wanted to keep their most integral piece in Kante but the board decided that 30m was just too hard to pass up.  They'd rather keep their flashy players like vardy and mahrez....both of whom have now had their stock plummet, while Kante's has risen.  

I'm not saying Kante brings them back to the top of the league, but I'd be willing to bet they aren't in a relegation battle if he's in their side.  Ranieri as a solid manager and coach...the decision to fire him is laughable. 

• Like 3

Good to see Bayern looking toward the future:

http://www.espnfc.us/story/3067281/bayern-munich-sign-teenage-midfielder-ryan-johansson-on-long-term-deal

Luxembourg youth midfielder Ryan Johansson has signed a long-term contract with Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich and will join them from Metz in the summer.

Johansson, 16, trained with the club on Monday and Tuesday and impressed the club's scouts.

"I'm very pleased to join FC Bayern from this summer, and I am looking forward to the challenge," Luxembourg newspaper Wort quoted him as saying.

Timon Pauls, Bayern's junior team chief scout, said: "We've signed a very talented player in Ryan.

Funny, according to other reports, Bayern were not scouting him, but a team-mate of his when Ryan caught their eye and they signed him instead.

22 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

I can not understand Tottenham playing next year at Wembley. 

Be like 38 away games next year. No home field there. 

Not concerned about them for the top 4 at all next season. 

Hail. 

Think they will always level off as top 6, not going to really break into top bracket anytime soon.

Credit to Swansea.  Always second best but sometimes that doesn't really matter.  Second goal by Pedro was lucky and it really opened up the game for the third.  Fabregas was motm for me with a goal and an assist.  Hopefully that win gives the rest of the top 6 something to think about...