Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Fantastic second half.

12 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

It should. Enough is enough. That clubs going nowhere and it should be. 

Hail. 

If nothing else, starting Ozil when it is clear he has NO desire to support that side is ridiculous.  

Plus, what did Arse say at Half-Time "Hey Fellas, we are supposed to crash out, so let's get at it this half"????

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

I BADLY want to visit this Munich stadium. 

I'd give anything to pull them the groups next year. 

Hail. 

As long as Pool are in Pot 2.  I don't want a team like Pool if they are 3/4.

The two ties between them would be epic.

Edited by btfoom

Intersting (to me at least) that both this years U-18's captain Conor Masterson and the best player from that group over the season Yan Dhanda have travelled out with the first team to La Manga for this Spanish training break. ( I consider Ben, Trent. Gomez, Ojo and now Harry Wilson part the first team group being as they're now full time at Melwood.).

That constant open door path/ reward for hard work and performance from the academy up Kirkby to the first team at West Derby has really given everyone belief in the junior ranks since Klopp arrived that if you work hard enough and do whets required, the rewards will come your way and you'll get the opportunity.

Hail. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

L'pool won't be in pot 2 with their current coefficient. 

This year of no Europe has just compounded that. 

Hail. 

If that ends up being true, they will certainly be the team that NOBODY wants to see in their group.  They will be a very dangerous side in Europe.

11 hours ago, btfoom said:

If that ends up being true, they will certainly be the team that NOBODY wants to see in their group.  They will be a very dangerous side in Europe.

Flattered you should say that ta. 

Not really any doubt we'll be outside the top 2 pots. Currently we sit 31st in the club coefficient ranking for next year: 

Hail. 

As good as Bayern looked I think a solid striker and CAM would really help the squad. They already have the CDM position addressed.  Liverpool should be a team to advance next year. Man City will probably advance but Pep's tactics will ultimately do them in.

Hopefully yesterday is a sign of a real run.  Carlo has made his name in Europe.

Grujic and Lovren give Liverpool double injury boost - Liverpool Echo

Been a real shame to see Grujić's first season SO disrupted. He was always going to be one for the future, but you have to think with all the other injury's he'd of gotten quite a bit of game time this year. Looks the perfect athletic, rangy modern day all round box-to-box midfielder from what we've seen of him. Very strong in the tattle. Great passing range. Disciplined with a great Lampard-esq knack of arriving late in space the box to score. All with the pedigree of already captaining a major club in his homeland to the League title at the age of just 19. That's a leader in the making right there.

People seem to of completely forgotten about Klopp's first signing as we've barely seen him but it'll be like a new signing already on the books next year when he will get a lot of game time with the extra burden of the CL.

Very excited to see him playing again.

Hail. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

As good as Bayern looked I think a solid striker and CAM would really help the squad. They already have the CDM position addressed.  Liverpool should be a team to advance next year. Man City will probably advance but Pep's tactics will ultimately do them in.

Hopefully yesterday is a sign of a real run.  Carlo has made his name in Europe.

Are you talking about Bayern?  How can you say they need a 'solid striker' when they have arguably the best #9 in the world (Lewa) and one of the best CAM (Thiago)?  I think they need a strong winger (paging Alexis Sanchez) and a good replacement for Lahm.

I really think that Carlo is having this side round into form at the right time.  He wants to peak in April/May.

2 hours ago, btfoom said:

Are you talking about Bayern?  How can you say they need a 'solid striker' when they have arguably the best #9 in the world (Lewa) and one of the best CAM (Thiago)?  I think they need a strong winger (paging Alexis Sanchez) and a good replacement for Lahm.

I really think that Carlo is having this side round into form at the right time.  He wants to peak in April/May.

One injury to lewy and we're freaking out. Every Bayern fan held their breath weeks ago when he was down for like 5 mins. Thiago is very good but another creative CAM would make us golden and take weight off him. No one can fill that role currently. I agree a winger would be nice as well. 

Just now, RichmondRedskin88 said:

One injury to lewy and we're freaking out. Every Bayern fan held their breath weeks ago when he was down for like 5 mins. Thiago is very good but another creative CAM would make us golden and take weight off him. No one can fill that role currently. I agree a winger would be nice as well. 

OK, so you were calling for cover for those positions - agree 100% with that.  Sanchez would be a great upgrade as wing and can play up top if needed.

9 minutes ago, btfoom said:

OK, so you were calling for cover for those positions - agree 100% with that.  Sanchez would be a great upgrade as wing and can play up top if needed.

Yep. I know most think J Rodriguez but I want Isco. Very versatile player. We probably could find a good back up striker in the bundesliga honestly. 

34 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Deserved far better. At least 1 away goal for their efforts. 

Combination of terribly profligate finishing and a poor referring. 

As it is you can't see this tie now being anything but over. 

Hail. 

I believe les Verts had a dozen shots on goal none on target, Aubameyang says hi there ! Moreover they've been abused by the swedish prick every time, and are clueless about finding a solution to shut him down. They don't have enough money so they keep on losing their best players year in year out. :angry:

Last but not least their fan base is still the number one, they deserve a trophy for keeping this spirit.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2017 at 7:28 AM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Flattered you should say that ta. 

Not really any doubt we'll be outside the top 2 pots. Currently we sit 31st in the club coefficient ranking for next year: 

Hail. 

Not flattery, just the facts.

Look at pot 3 from the last 2 seasons:

2016 (most recent):  Pot 3: Basel (SUI), Tottenham Hotspur (ENG), Dynamo Kyiv (UKR), Lyon (FRA), PSV Eindhoven (NED), Sporting CP (POR), Club Brugge (BEL), Mönchengladbach (GER)

2015:  Pot 3: Shakhtar Donetsk, Sevilla, Lyon, Dynamo Kyiv, Olympiacos, CSKA Moskva, Galatasaray, Roma

Who is better equipped to finish top 2 in a group that Liverpool will be next year?  I'd say no-one from 2016 and 'maybe' Sevilla/Roma from 2015 - but I'd still rather either of them than Pool.  

Hell, put THIS year's 'Pool in Group E [CSKA Moskva (RUS), Leverkusen (GER), Tottenham (ENG), Monaco (FRA)] instead of Spurs.  They would very likely have qualified, and if they didn't wouldn't have crapped the bed in Europa vs Ghent, I promise you that.

On 2/14/2017 at 8:28 PM, Elessar78 said:

I was like, "Oh. His name is StiG. Like Stig Bjornebye. Like the famous Norwegian fullback." Glance over to wife to see her deep, incredulous eye roll. 

Nothing but empathy from me... I feel like Damien Lewis right here talking to the audience just about most of the time.

• Like 2