Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Assessing the Eagles

Big Weirdo

Hey all. Been a while since I have been around. Wanted to drop in and give my in depth analysis on the Eagles as their first preseason game is around the corner on Friday.

They're average and the O-line really sucks from what I've read. But T'eo NeIdonntknowhislastname apparently has earned the really cool nickname of the Silent Killer for being really quiet off the field! And really tenacious on. Oh yeah. :beavisnbutthead:

Missed you guys.

Hey all. Been a while since I have been around. Wanted to drop in and give my in depth analysis on the Eagles as their first preseason game is around the corner on Friday.

They're average and the O-line really sucks from what I've read. But T'eo NeIdonntknowhislastname apparently has earned the really cool nickname of the Silent Killer for being really quiet off the field! And really tenacious on. Oh yeah. :beavisnbutthead:

Missed you guys.

How can Kolb be the second coming if their OL sucks though???

Eagles look like an 8-8 team to me, probably good enough for a third place finish in the division.

They took a lot of gambles and are counting almost exclusively on young and unproven players. There's a chance that each of them will work out individually, but it's a virtual guarantee that they won't all work out simultaneously.

I like the young depth at corner, but I'd like it better if it was playing behind a proven veteran as opposed to Ellis Hobbs.

I've got justifiably high hopes for Nate Allen. But he's a rookie starting in week 1 at free safety. If an Eagles opponent was in the same situation, I'd assume Reid and Morningwhig would target him all day.

I like the increased size and athleticism in the linebacking corps, but I'd like it better if it didn't rely on the surgically repaired knee of Stew Bradley and the still-unfulfilled potential of Ernie Sims.

I actually don't have anything bad to say about the D-line. I expect them to be as stout against the run as they were last year while applying a bit more pressure with the arrival of Brandon Graham.

The offensive tackles played well last year and should only improve with experience. The interior of the line is another story. It's hard not to be concerned with Herremans' injury, no matter what the team says, center is a clear problem, and Stacy Andrews was the worst player on the team last year. It's possible that Herremans is fine, that Jackson will recover by mid season or McGlynn will play well in his stead, and that Andrews will return to pro bowl form. It's virtually impossible that all three of those things happen.

No complaints at receiver or tight end. Star power and productivity at the top of the depth chart with youth, upside, and special teams ability at the bottom, just what you're looking for.

McCoy had an OK rookie season. If he's as good as he was last year, we'll have a sub-par running game. If he improves the way you'd expect, it could be very good. After him there's a group of veterans that shouldn't excite anyone. Another optimistic question mark, but a question mark all the same.

Then there's Kolb. Everything that can be said on that topic has been said.

Archived