Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Cowboys' red-zone conerns carry over

tr1

If thats your defense, than all teams need work. Wow, concept. Want another one? You dont get time to work on all your weaknesses, and even if you could, injuries take a toll. its the way of life, all teams have to deal with it.

Thanks smart guy, yes every team needs work, guess how many teams this article is discussing....one. Which is why they are staying on topic and talking about them, you on the other hand bring up other teams that were not good as somehow this justifies your team lacking in a certain area....it doesn't.[/B]

Its why some of us love preseason and some only watch the season. I like the preseason because to me, depth is more important to your team than other people realize. All good teams and teams buidling to a future have got to have depth. Its nice to see where it lies and where it doesnt. To me Dallas seems stacked at LB'ers. Such is the case with the 3-4, but at least we have it now.

Theres a lot of weaknesses to thsi team,. Two that stand out to me which will keep them out of the SB this year. 1 saftey, i dont believe enough in Ball or Hamlin to get it done.

Say what now?! You don't believe Ken Hamlin can get it done in Dallas from Baltimore? Oh, whats that you say, you wiki'd Ken Hamlin and they hadn't updated that he was playing for the Baltimore Ravens?

and offensive line depth. Not enough there and we're going to sustain an injury there and that will be the string that dissolves the ball and Dallas wont make the SB off it.

That had nothing to do with my post...

It never does, lol

You forgot the most important weakness of them all. Coaching.

Wade Phillips should have been fired 5 times over by now with the talent he's had and the lack of success he's had in the playoffs.

It was obvious he didn't do anything to adjust for the insane pressure that the Vikings were putting on Romo sits to pee during the playoffs last year. Yup, just continued to let it run its course. Right on out of the playoffs.

Actually I think the most important thing he missed was not wiki searching "Dallas Cowboys weaknesses", that and he missed the fact that Ken Hamlin no longer plays for the Cowboys

I hope they choke in the regular season like this in the red zone

They will

Dude, I didn't write the article.

:doh:

Keep thinking your team has no problems...and, when we don't see you around after the losing streak, try to drop in as a lurker and read some of my posts...they may inspire you to write a few lines...

:rotflmao:

Don't worry, DOTS won't be here come December

Isn't that what this entire thread is about, not finishing the drive?

Yes, and everyone will admit they have work to do in the redzone. I responded to a highlight that the offense didn't score a TD the entire game. It seems some here want to act as if the 1st team O didn't score the entire game. Based on what the 1st team O did, I suspect they wouldn't have had a problem scoring several TDs if they had played an entire game. They wanted to work on passing in the redzone and the Bengals blitzed up the middle on each of the three plays. They definately need to work on their redzone offense, especially passing, but those three plays are not indicative of what they will be doing during the season. You will see alot more running when they are inside the five.

It never does, lol

Actually I think the most important thing he missed was not wiki searching "Dallas Cowboys weaknesses", that and he missed the fact that Ken Hamlin no longer plays for the Cowboys

They will

Don't worry, DOTS won't be here come December

hahahahahha trying to be the smart *** reallly back fired on you dude. He's talking about Mike Hamlin. Learn your facts before trying to embarrass someone who was correct.

Tweedr01, I hate to interrupt your ripping on DOTS, but...

http://www.nfl.com/players/mikehamlin/profile?id=HAM417433

that's right, MIKE Hamlin is still a safety for the Dallas Cowboys.

Lol, is everyone against DOTS? In all fairness, after all of his posting history, would you really assume when he says that he doesn't have confidence in Ball or Hamlin, in regards to the safety positions, he is speaking about Mike Hamlin the backup FS or Ken Hamlin, last years starting FS? Now remember, DOTS has a history of using wiki to pull up stats that are completely wrong, and even he knows it.

Let's be real, DOTS didn't know that Ken Hamlin was on the Ravens squad. In fact, it is by complete blind luck that there was another Hamlin on the team, that happens to be a safety. Why in the world when talking about the weaknesses of your team would you even bring up the 2nd year backup FS, with a total of 6 games played and 1 tackle? Odds are this guy is not suiting up for another 10 games this year.

hahahahahha trying to be the smart *** reallly back fired on you dude. He's talking about Mike Hamlin. Learn your facts before trying to embarrass someone who was correct.

You really think I didn't do a search before I posted all of that, it's not like I kept track of Ken Hamlin and where he's at. I know you and DOTS are bff's and have the same comprehension, but do you really think with his (or her, not sure if DOTS is a woman or not) posting history and always posting incorrect stats, that DOTS even knew who Mike Hamlin was? Do you really think that DOTS is saying he is concerned about safeties, including backup safety Mike Hamlin who only suited up for 6 games last year and had one tackle? Or do you think it's safe to say DOTS thought Ken Hamlin was still your starting FS, and Mike Hamlin will suit up for the same amount of games this year?

You do realize the 1st team O played only one series and drove the ball very easily to the 3 yardline? Just so we have that straight.

You do realize that drive was the pukes in a "nutshell"...starts strong, and then you know the rest. Just so we have that straight.

Lol, is everyone against DOTS? In all fairness, after all of his posting history, would you really assume when he says that he doesn't have confidence in Ball or Hamlin, in regards to the safety positions, he is speaking about Mike Hamlin the backup FS or Ken Hamlin, last years starting FS? Now remember, DOTS has a history of using wiki to pull up stats that are completely wrong, and even he knows it.

Let's be real, DOTS didn't know that Ken Hamlin was on the Ravens squad. In fact, it is by complete blind luck that there was another Hamlin on the team, that happens to be a safety. Why in the world when talking about the weaknesses of your team would you even bring up the 2nd year backup FS, with a total of 6 games played and 1 tackle? Odds are this guy is not suiting up for another 10 games this year.

You really think I didn't do a search before I posted all of that, it's not like I kept track of Ken Hamlin and where he's at. I know you and DOTS are bff's and have the same comprehension, but do you really think with his (or her, not sure if DOTS is a woman or not) posting history and always posting incorrect stats, that DOTS even knew who Mike Hamlin was? Do you really think that DOTS is saying he is concerned about safeties, including backup safety Mike Hamlin who only suited up for 6 games last year and had one tackle? Or do you think it's safe to say DOTS thought Ken Hamlin was still your starting FS, and Mike Hamlin will suit up for the same amount of games this year?

I have to disagree. Ball and Mike Hamlin are competing for the starting FS spot. Anyone that follows the Cowboys even a little would know that. He may have had facts wrong in the past, as has everyone, but I'm pretty sure he was referring to Mike Hamlin.

I have to disagree. Ball and Mike Hamlin are competing for the starting FS spot. Anyone that follows the Cowboys even a little would know that. He may have had facts wrong in the past, as has everyone, but I'm pretty sure he was referring to Mike Hamlin.

I don't follow the turds, not even a little (same reason I have no idea who Phillips is, the 4th string TE that got injured and a shrine was started for him in ATN from turd fans). Many have had facts wrong, but unless you just started watching football 15 minutes ago, you knew that the pukes won a playoff game last year (they finally turned the corner...whatever), and how many superbowls they have been to and won and lost (according to DOTS you have been to 13 and won 5, while its actually only 8, again whatever).

I don't follow the turds, not even a little (same reason I have no idea who Phillips is, the 4th string TE that got injured and a shrine was started for him in ATN from turd fans). Many have had facts wrong, but unless you just started watching football 15 minutes ago, you knew that the pukes won a playoff game last year (they finally turned the corner...whatever), and how many superbowls they have been to and won and lost (according to DOTS you have been to 13 and won 5, while its actually only 8, again whatever).

Yes because that thread was started by a Cowboys fan.

OH wait... :doh:

Hence why we're pretty sure he meant Ken...even though DOTS will be here momentarily with a rambling, nonsensical rant denying it.

Yes, and everyone will admit they have work to do in the redzone.

We agree.

I responded to a highlight that the offense didn't score a TD the entire game. It seems some here want to act as if the 1st team O didn't score the entire game. Based on what the 1st team O did, I suspect they wouldn't have had a problem scoring several TDs if they had played an entire game. They wanted to work on passing in the redzone and the Bengals blitzed up the middle on each of the three plays. They definately need to work on their redzone offense, especially passing, but those three plays are not indicative of what they will be doing during the season. You will see alot more running when they are inside the five.
No one implied that Dallas' starting O would have been held to 0 points. You are putting words in other peoples mouths. The one series they did play, they perpetuated the red zone stereo type.

Many a Cowboy fan, not necessarily you, has said recenetly that the Cowboy's back ups would be starters on other teams. Does it not concern you, at least a little, that those backups playing against other backups were unable to score a single touchdown? Or is Dallas' offensive depth really shallow enough that they would get held to a few field goals by the Bengals back ups?

Many a Cowboy fan, not necessarily you, has said recenetly that the Cowboy's back ups would be starters on other teams. Does it not concern you, at least a little, that those backups playing against other backups were unable to score a single touchdown? Or is Dallas' offensive depth depth really shallow enough that they would get shut out by the Bengals back ups?

It's just too funny that puke fans cannot tolerate ANY factual criticism of their team.

There was a time when puke fans here (during the Eagle dominating years) were able to see the weaknesses in their team and discuss it intelligently.

I guess those days are over.

Homerism rules.

We agree.

No one implied that Dallas' starting O would have been held to 0 points. You are putting words in other peoples mouths. The one series they did play, they perpetuated the red zone stereo type.

Many a Cowboy fan, not necessarily you, has said recenetly that the Cowboy's back ups would be starters on other teams. Does it not concern you, at least a little, that those backups playing against other backups were unable to score a single touchdown? Or is Dallas' offensive depth really shallow enough that they would get held to a few field goals by the Bengals back ups?

The only backups on the Cowboys roster I think could start for some other teams would mostly have to be on defense. Bowen, Hatcher, Scandrick, and maybe one or two of the LBers could possibly start for a few teams but not many. On offense, maybe Holland and Crayton but thats about it and it wouldn't be many teams.

Once the backups got in, the offensive line as a whole did not play well. A few of the youngs guys played okay but several played poorly and that caused the offense to be very inconsistant. The backups had some good drives and some bad ones as should be expected. The offensive line is definately not a source of depth for the Cowboys. There is no question about that. The skill positions are pretty deep and the defensive front 7 is fairly deep but i wouldn't go so far as to brag that alot of Dallas' backups would be starters across the league. To say that is a bit of an exageration I would have to say.

Archived