Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Cowboys' red-zone conerns carry over

tr1

Is this something that happened last year as well?

yes Cali...thats why, i would have rather they run it....whether they get in or not, they need to run the ball at the goal line and man up on people........you develop a certain toughness that way.......I am not saying this team isnt tough, but i am saying they play with too much finesse down there at the goal line and thats concerning....

Im not gonna make a big deal out of it, nor am i gonna poo-poo it. It is what it is.

thats right and thats why Garrett took the 3 shots, if we get in great if not, than Barber knows its all him when it matters. We drafted Bennett for that purpose and it hasnt panned out, we also have Witten and until last nite Phillips, but Garrett wanted to see what else we could do. The back shoulder throw isnt something Romo sits to pee unfamiliar with so its all right.

They took teh situation, they ate up the Bengals Zimmers number 1 defense and took a situation and played with some ideas, thats all. Well worth the effort. Now they got tape, go back and show the guys where they went wrong, what is wrong with that?

in theory nothing is wrong with that....I would have Rather they showed guts, grind and toughness and run the ball down at the goal line..........

thats right and thats why Garrett took the 3 shots, if we get in great if not, than Barber knows its all him when it matters. We drafted Bennett for that purpose and it hasnt panned out, we also have Witten and until last nite Phillips, but Garrett wanted to see what else we could do. The back shoulder throw isnt something Romo sits to pee unfamiliar with so its all right.

They took teh situation, they ate up the Bengals Zimmers number 1 defense and took a situation and played with some ideas, thats all. Well worth the effort. Now they got tape, go back and show the guys where they went wrong, what is wrong with that?

They ate up the Bengal's D up to the 3 yard line, then had to settle for 3 points (with the help of an offsides on a fumble that would have lost you possession). If you can't score a touchdown on 1st and Goal from the 3 with your "dominant" first team , something's wrong, bottom line. All you have to do is fall forward 3 times and you're in.

If I were a Cowboys fan (blech) I'd be more worried about the LT position.

Watch the first series again. About half the time they gave him help. When he didn't get help, he didn't look very good at all. On one play Romo sits to pee rushed the pass incomplete because Free had been pushed all the way back to him and was standing awkwardly on one foot. In the redzone both tackles failed their individual blocks.

And I think has everything to do with the red zone problems. Those passes were hurried also. Now if the "solution" in the redzone is to put Witten out instead of having him in pass pro, and if their LT can't block 1-1, then it seems like they have a problem, doesn't it?

:ols:. The kid has one of the strongest legs I have seen in a very long time. His 49 yarder would've been good from another 10-15 yards ... only problem was it was 47 yards to the left.

I had nightmares of that "major League" movie all over again. Strong arm, no accuracy.

Couple more games and he might nail it down, if not we call Stover. either way id rather stick with Beuhler and keep the roster spot.

I had nightmares of that "major League" movie all over again. Strong arm, no accuracy.

Couple more games and he might nail it down, if not we call Stover. either way id rather stick with Beuhler and keep the roster spot.

You could always resign Suisham :ols::ols::ols:

The redzone woes can be fixed with RUNNING the football. Can't believe Garrett passed three straight times from the three yardline. Other than that, Free looked great and John Phillips is a stud. Hopefully his injury isn't too serious, but everyone seems to think he tore his ACL.

Oh noes, our starters looked horrible on their first game of the season!!!!!!! OFF THE CLIFF BOYS!!!

Oh wait, it was a pre season game and they have 4 more. Ohhh lordy, our season is over, what ever are we going to do. If only we didnt have 4 wins last year to prove to anyone we were decent at scoring. Oh wait, we won the division. Silly us, for the sake of the rest of the division, they cant even worry if its going to be a problem, because we still beat the rest of the division to own it with that problem, if its fixed, it could get worse.

This is the reason you get called out so much. Whenever someone talks about your precious Cowturds, you're first defense is to say something trollish about the Redskins. The "I know you are, but what am I" defense doesn't work around here. We were 4-12, we are quite aware of how bad we were. Keep on topic- Dallass Red Zone woes.

Dallas was mediocre in the Red Zone last year. The first drive, they moved the ball between the 20's well, and then stalled. I was also concerned with their kicker...

He was pushing the ball to the left all night long, even on the extra points. He better fix that or Dallass will be scanning the waiver wire.

If I were a Cowboys fan (blech) I'd be more worried about the LT position.

Watch the first series again. About half the time they gave him help. When he didn't get help, he didn't look very good at all. On one play Romo sits to pee rushed the pass incomplete because Free had been pushed all the way back to him and was standing awkwardly on one foot. In the redzone both tackles failed their individual blocks.

I disagree. While he didn't look like Jackie Slater out there, he wasn't terrible. Barron on the other hand....pew! He stunk. Free played well.

The redzone woes can be fixed with RUNNING the football. Can't believe Garrett passed three straight times from the three yardline. Other than that, Free looked great and John Phillips is a stud. Hopefully his injury isn't too serious, but everyone seems to think he tore his ACL.

1) It's preseason so we will run the ball more in the red zone.

2) Remember how many times MBIII failed to score from 1-4 yards out last year? Look at the San Diego game.

This is the reason you get called out so much. Whenever someone talks about your precious Cowturds, you're first defense is to say something trollish about the Redskins. The "I know you are, but what am I" defense doesn't work around here. We were 4-12, we are quite aware of how bad we were. Keep on topic- Dallass Red Zone woes.

He was pusing the ball to the left all night long, even on the extra points. He better fix that or Dallass will be scanning the waiver wire.

I disagree. While he didn't look like Jackie Slater out there, he wasn't terrible. Barron on the other hand....pew! He stunk. Free played well.

okay what should we say about the Skins, should we ignore facts and declare them 8-8 so we dont hurt their feelings? What would you suggest? How about we compliment them so as to not damage their fragile fan base?

How can one fanbase even begin to say another team has redzone woes while team B dominated their season?

As i was stating, its pretty bad if a team has red zone woes, and still got to the playoffs, vs ANY team that didnt get into the end zone enough.

Either our defense was WAY better than the stats can say or our red zone woes werent that much of a problem.

okay what should we say about the Skins, should we ignore facts and declare them 8-8 so we dont hurt their feelings? What would you suggest? How about we compliment them so as to not damage their fragile fan base?

You shouldn't say anything. This is a thread about the Cowboys. Not about the Redskins or even comparing the two. Stay on topic.

How can one fanbase even begin to say another team has redzone woes while team B dominated their season?

Because there isn't a rule saying that one person can't point out another's weaknesses unless person A is spotless.

As i was stating, its pretty bad if a team has red zone woes, and still got to the playoffs, vs ANY team that didnt get into the end zone enough.

Again, the "I know you are, but what am I" defense.

Either our defense was WAY better than the stats can say or our red zone woes werent that much of a problem.

Or you were able to score a lot outside the Red Zone...

What are we supposed to say? Dallas was absolutely perfect in every aspect of the game? We're just pointing out the areas that Dallas needs to work on.

You shouldn't say anything. This is a thread about the Cowboys. Not about the Redskins or even comparing the two. Stay on topic.

Because there isn't a rule saying that one person can't point out another's weaknesses unless person A is spotless.

Again, the "I know you are, but what am I" defense.

Or you were able to score a lot outside the Red Zone...

What are we supposed to say? Dallas was absolutely perfect in every aspect of the game? We're just pointing out the areas that Dallas needs to work on.

If thats your defense, than all teams need work. Wow, concept. Want another one? You dont get time to work on all your weaknesses, and even if you could, injuries take a toll. its the way of life, all teams have to deal with it.

Its why some of us love preseason and some only watch the season. I like the preseason because to me, depth is more important to your team than other people realize. All good teams and teams buidling to a future have got to have depth. Its nice to see where it lies and where it doesnt. To me Dallas seems stacked at LB'ers. Such is the case with the 3-4, but at least we have it now.

Theres a lot of weaknesses to thsi team,. Two that stand out to me which will keep them out of the SB this year. 1 saftey, i dont believe enough in Ball or Hamlin to get it done.

and offensive line depth. Not enough there and we're going to sustain an injury there and that will be the string that dissolves the ball and Dallas wont make the SB off it.

If thats your defense, than all teams need work. Wow, concept. Want another one? You dont get time to work on all your weaknesses, and even if you could, injuries take a toll. its the way of life, all teams have to deal with it.

Its why some of us love preseason and some only watch the season. I like the preseason because to me, depth is more important to your team than other people realize. All good teams and teams buidling to a future have got to have depth. Its nice to see where it lies and where it doesnt. To me Dallas seems stacked at LB'ers. Such is the case with the 3-4, but at least we have it now.

Theres a lot of weaknesses to thsi team,. Two that stand out to me which will keep them out of the SB this year. 1 saftey, i dont believe enough in Ball or Hamlin to get it done.

and offensive line depth. Not enough there and we're going to sustain an injury there and that will be the string that dissolves the ball and Dallas wont make the SB off it.

That had nothing to do with my post...

Again missing the point. You defend your team's Redzone woes with stats, not, "the Redskins sucked, we won the division and you were last place." Calling out the Redskins every time to win an argument is not the right way. You can't say, Redskins suck, everytime a topic is brought up about Dallass.

Archived