Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Cowboys' red-zone conerns carry over

tr1

Again missing the point. You defend your team's Redzone woes with stats, not, "the Redskins sucked, we won the division and you were last place." Calling out the Redskins every time to win an argument is not the right way. You can't say, Redskins suck, everytime a topic is brought up about Dallass.

I agree, if i did, i stand corrected and thanx for the point out. Tho i didnt think i eluded to that, but you have your team on the mind and might think it, i wasnt really trying to. But to each its own and if you felt that way, than i wasnt clear enough in my expression of the post. Clearly not on purpose or possibly out of a sigh of frustration

If thats your defense, than all teams need work. Wow, concept. Want another one? You dont get time to work on all your weaknesses, and even if you could, injuries take a toll. its the way of life, all teams have to deal with it.

Its why some of us love preseason and some only watch the season. I like the preseason because to me, depth is more important to your team than other people realize. All good teams and teams buidling to a future have got to have depth. Its nice to see where it lies and where it doesnt. To me Dallas seems stacked at LB'ers. Such is the case with the 3-4, but at least we have it now.

Theres a lot of weaknesses to thsi team,. Two that stand out to me which will keep them out of the SB this year. 1 saftey, i dont believe enough in Ball or Hamlin to get it done.

and offensive line depth. Not enough there and we're going to sustain an injury there and that will be the string that dissolves the ball and Dallas wont make the SB off it.

Depth is important, but we definitely have more, because Dallas fans are shallow people. True story.:silly:

Theres a lot of weaknesses to thsi team,. Two that stand out to me which will keep them out of the SB this year. 1 saftey, i dont believe enough in Ball or Hamlin to get it done.

and offensive line depth. .

You forgot the most important weakness of them all. Coaching.

Wade Phillips should have been fired 5 times over by now with the talent he's had and the lack of success he's had in the playoffs.

It was obvious he didn't do anything to adjust for the insane pressure that the Vikings were putting on Romo sits to pee during the playoffs last year. Yup, just continued to let it run its course. Right on out of the playoffs.

Wade Phillips should have been fired 5 times over by now with the talent he's had and the lack of success he's had in the playoffs.

It was obvious he didn't do anything to adjust for the insane pressure that the Vikings were putting on Romo sits to pee during the playoffs last year. Yup, just continued to let it run its course. Right on out of the playoffs.

Here comes DOTS: "It wasn't the coaching, it was the injury to Flozell that let the Vikings get all that pressure. If Flozell hadn't gone down, the Cowboys would have won"

dont get me started on the coaches, there are 3 more on the team i want gone and willing, WILLING to keep Phillips just this year til we can get a true 3-4 coach in there. Than we can dump him. hes no HC and hes getting more than he deserves with this team, but the man knows defense. JUST WISH WE HIRED HIM FOR THE D only, but im no JJ. I am hoping it goes to Garrett next year, well i dont know in my heart of hearts, but i want someone young because i want them for there for years, barring if hes good, but someone the organization can work with for a long time.

Here comes DOTS: "It wasn't the coaching, it was the injury to Flozell that let the Vikings get all that pressure. If Flozell hadn't gone down, the Cowboys would have won"

I said countless times, a different game or outcome, not necessarily a win, but maybe not as bad as it was. take it for what you want, i am sick of the argument. i am not going to keep re debating stuff because you want to redefine the argument or certain words.

Period, end of story

Dear lords, how Bret Maxie and Campo still ahve jobs eludes me. I mean dont get me wrong, I hope Campo would at least be decent and I think he is, but hes not helping most of our other players get better. Seems their talent is carrying his progress. If anything I feel Scandrick got worse. and Jenkins just needed some time and confidence.

I am fed up with Maxie and I am hoping the defeinsive lines coach is better the second time around with the team. at least he has them putting up their hands compared to the idiot we got rid of.

Dear lords, how Bret Maxie and Campo still ahve jobs eludes me. I mean dont get me wrong, I hope Campo would at least be decent and I think he is, but hes not helping most of our other players get better. Seems their talent is carrying his progress. If anything I feel Scandrick got worse. and Jenkins just needed some time and confidence.

I am fed up with Maxie and I am hoping the defeinsive lines coach is better the second time around with the team. at least he has them putting up their hands compared to the idiot we got rid of.

Do you still want Wade as your HC?

I agree, if i did, i stand corrected and thanx for the point out. Tho i didnt think i eluded to that, but you have your team on the mind and might think it, i wasnt really trying to. But to each its own and if you felt that way, than i wasnt clear enough in my expression of the post. Clearly not on purpose or possibly out of a sigh of frustration

Also, as a Dallass fan, I'd let everything TR1 says roll off your back, or he'll trap you every time. It's what he does. And he's good at it. :D

Do you still want Wade as your HC?

have to accept it until I see a 3-4 guy there to take over the defense.

To be honest, i fully believe its a two headed head coach deal, its the only way i get thru the logic. I see it as Phillips run the defense and Garrett runs the O and i dont want to see Phillips telling Garrett what to do. Its the only thing that makes sense to me.

I also see it as JJ being nice, like saying "hey wade, your no HC but we made the mistake so we'll let you walk out with this team and give you a big show of support, but dont take credit okay?" something like that.

Lets be honest, we were all shocked when the annoucment happened, maybe JJ just thought he'd have a heart attack by now and GArrett would be in. Im not saying we wish ill on him, just saying saw it coming, not much a surprise.

I dont know, but i do know the guy knows dfense, we cant exactly let him be degraded to DC, so we're doing the right thing, either let the whole season go kabut and everyone knows Wade has to go, or we set him up to fail in the playoffs, someone's record already speaks for itself there and once again, no big surprise.

Will i give him credit if by miracle they do it? no, to much on offense to not dictate that. Wil this help Garrett and our mistake of watching Sean Payton go off to better pastures and didnt stand in his way , not that we could, but we could have made him HC, but nooooooooo, than YES, YES we are because it burns our butts everytime we look at him over in New Orleans.

BLAST!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, once Wade is gone, Dallas will probably be better, but i do think its the system of Wade Defense, Garrett Offense, all the rest his mirrors and smoke.

Is Garrett the HC is waiting, a la Gregg Williams to Joe Gibbs?

Gregg Wiliams is a heck of DC coach, I only hope Garrett is that good on offense.

You got the drift tho. Problably the same result too. The only reason I have a little more faith in it is because JJ had a drink or two to many and agreed with teh Miami attachment to meeting Garrett and pulled the plug and made him HC to get him out of Miami.

You better nitpick evey problem TR1, because if not, this team just gets better and better.

Dude, I didn't write the article.

:doh:

Keep thinking your team has no problems...and, when we don't see you around after the losing streak, try to drop in as a lurker and read some of my posts...they may inspire you to write a few lines...

:rotflmao:

Is Garrett the HC is waiting, a la Gregg Williams to Joe Gibbs?

I hope not.

Some great coordinators that suck as head coaches:

1) Norv Turner

2) Wade Phillips

3) Greg Williams

4) Charlie Weis

5) Dom Capers

Not everybody is cracked out to be a good head coach regardless of how good they are at their respective positions.

1) It's preseason so we will run the ball more in the red zone.

2) Remember how many times MBIII failed to score from 1-4 yards out last year? Look at the San Diego game.

Still, I'd rather run it three straight times from the two then pass it three straight times. I know it's just preseason but that was terrible playcalling by Garrett.

Still, I'd rather run it three straight times from the two then pass it three straight times. I know it's just preseason but that was terrible playcalling by Garrett.

It's not terrible playcalling if there are SPECEFIC things you are trying to work on. Which is what preseason is here for.

Wade said after the game that they went in hoping to get a chance to work on passing in the redzone. Thats why they kept throwing, because it was something they specifically targeted to work on. They will be running the ball most of the time down there in the regular season.

Wade said after the game that they went in hoping to get a chance to work on passing in the redzone. Thats why they kept throwing, because it was something they specifically targeted to work on. They will be running the ball most of the time down there in the regular season.

Judging by the results they need to work on it some more!

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/columns/story?columnist=watkins_calvin&id=5448360

CANTON, Ohio -- The Dallas Cowboys ended a three-game Hall of Fame game losing streak Sunday night against the Cincinnati Bengals. But the fact that the defense scored the Cowboys' only touchdown, in a 16-7 victory over the Bengals is a little concerning.

I think it's wonderful and hope it gets worse :ols:

Judging by the results they need to work on it some more!

No question!

I actually think part of the blame is the system. Something about it gets much easier to defend in the redzone. The reason I say this is because Garrett's system is very similar to Norv Turner's and I remember Aikman had the same difficulties passing inside the 10 yardline.

Archived