Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Guns N' Roses Trilogy

BayouBrave86

Will anything ever top this? I think not. Man I would've loved to have been in college during the early 90's.:beavisnbutthead:

Um he came pretty close a few years ago.

tsz3CkdaOy0

FHMcXmYYgw4&feature=related

JzZEMM9Uvm0

Only problem is most people can't get past Slash not being involved. Which I'll never understand.

I like Chinese Democracy. It is a pretty good record. However, for a record that took, about 10 years to make? Come on!

And it doesn't come close to Appetite and/or Use Your Illusions. NO WHERE close.

I will give you the fact that the guitarists that he got are technically better than Slash. Slash still has written WAY more memorable licks, melodies and plays with more feeling.

I like Chinese Democracy. It is a pretty good record. However, for a record that took, about 10 years to make? Come on!

And it doesn't come close to Appetite and/or Use Your Illusions.

I will give you the fact that the guitarists that he got are technically better than Slash. Slash still has written WAY more memorable licks, melodies and plays with more feeling.

Lets face it, that album sucked ****ing ass.

Lets face it, that album sucked ****ing ass.

I was trying to be nice.

I dunno about sucks. There are a couple good tunes. Maybe cause I am a guitarist and can appreciate that. But it is definitely no where in the conversation of their earlier stuff with the real Guns N Roses.

You must be hearing impaired. ;) Did you listen to Slashs solo album? If so what did you think?

What does Slash's solo album have to do with Chinese Democracy?

Neither come close to the real GnR.

At least Slash has been doing something besides 1 album over 10 years.

Hell he made his solo album in less than a year!

I don't have the album yet, but the couple songs I have heard and the clips aren't too bad at all.

But I am not dissing Chinese Democracy either, other than taking 10 years to make.

However, neither are on the same plane as Appetite.

What does Slash's solo album have to do with Chinese Democracy?

Neither come close to the real GnR.

At least Slash has been doing something besides 1 album over 10 years.

Hell he made his solo album in less than a year!

I don't have the album yet, but the couple songs I have heard and the clips aren't too bad at all.

But I am not dissing Chinese Democracy either, other than taking 10 years to make.

However, neither are on the same plane as Appetite.

WTF? All I wanted to know was if Riggins77 had heard Slashs solo album and what he thought.

Slash still has written WAY more memorable licks, melodies and plays with more feeling.

Than who exactly? The ol boy in the middle of my sig.? If so I think your way off. You initially posted that you liked CD, then say it's only got a "couple of good tunes". What made you change your mind in 5 minutes?

Give me Paradise City and Welcome to the Jungle any day. I think Sweet Child of Mine is overrated.

Blasphemy.

The intro to Sweet Child O' Mine is classic.

One of my all time favorite uses of a popular song in a movie is Sweet Child O' Mine at the end of "The Wrestler."

I liked Don't Cry. Loved November Rain. Hated Estranged.

I was in college during the height of G'N'R and it was alot of fun. I still remember going to Tower Records early to go buy Use Your Illusion 1 and 2 and the parking lot being filled with cars of people who had already gotten the the CD's (and tapes...........yes I'm old :laugh:) and were cranking the music as they pulled out of the lot.

As for Chinese Democracy. I love the title track. The rest of the album was okay but nothing that really stuck with me.

I don't think Axl needs Slash. Axl was the real talent in that band and he could have come up with some great stuff for the past decade if he just wasn't so obsessive and perfectionist. I remember him talking about how if they don't get November Rain just right, that he would either not allow the album to be released or retire all together. This obsessivness of course was taken to the insane levels with his decade long pursuit of the "perfect" album and in the end Chinese Democracy was the overall disappointing result.

Still nobody can take away just how great G'N'R were from 1987-1992. That was one hell of a 5 year run.

WTF? All I wanted to know was if Riggins77 had heard Slashs solo album and what he thought.

Take it easy Francis. He said he thought the album sucked. YOu said he was hearing impaired. I figured you were implying Chinese was so much better than Slash's album. Is that the case? If so, I don't agree.

Than who exactly? The ol boy in the middle of my sig.? If so I think your way off. You initially posted that you liked CD, then say it's only got a "couple of good tunes". What made you change your mind in 5 minutes?

Between who the comparison should be drawn. Axl and Slash. You are obviously a Buckethead fan, which is cool. He is an awesome guitarist, I will give you that. What do you think his best songs are? Like to check a few more out, that maybe I don't have.

Don't forget Buckethead didn't do all the guitar work on Chinese.

BTW, I didn't exactly say I "liked" it. I said it was pretty good. It is a decent album, but for the time it took it should have been a butt load better. I didn't say it sucked, but I did say it was nowhere near the early days of GnR.

Don't see any change in what I said between my two posts. Nice try though.

I know everyone loves Appetite. But don't underrate the Use Your Illusion duo. They're a liitle overstuffed (e.g. My World), but many of the tracks are timeless. I always thought Don't Damn Me was a straight-up-classic.

Yeah that was a good as well. Though, percentage wise Appetite had better songs. There are just so many strong songs.

Jungle, Sweet Child, Paradise, Rocket Queen, Night Train, Mr. Brownstone, My Michelle, You're Crazy, ... hell basically the whole album.

Now if they put all the good songs on Illusion 1 and 2 on one CD, maybe that would have been different :silly:

Blasphemy.

The intro to Sweet Child O' Mine is classic.

One of my all time favorite uses of a popular song in a movie is Sweet Child O' Mine at the end of "The Wrestler."

The riff is as legendary as Smells Like Teen Spirit but in terms of a complete song I don't think it's a good as the others.

Archived