Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Twitter: The nail in the coffin for sports journalism

SkinsHokieFan

I don't need my news fast. I need it accurate. I need it factual. I don't want speculation. That is where journalism has gone down the tubes. Just like everything else in this world, we have a fast food mentality. Do you know what you get with fast food? Garbage. Twitter is garbage. It's the TMZ of news. The whole media has TMZ mentality.

I don't need my news fast. I need it accurate. I need it factual. I don't want speculation. That is where journalism has gone down the tubes. Just like everything else in this world, we have a fast food mentality. Do you know what you get with fast food? Garbage. Twitter is garbage. It's the TMZ of news. The whole media has TMZ mentality.
What about free, do you need it free?

Nobody wants to pay for the newspaper. Nobody wants to pay for website access. Who is it that will be supplying professional reporting for free? That model doesn't even work well for broadcast TV anymore.

In fact I would say that every columnist is good...I may not agree with them but they have a right to voice their opinion

Never did understand hate for those such as Plaschke and Cowlinshaw and Dan Shaugnessey...these are respectable voices of the media and I trust them over anyone else. They are columnists though, and that's different from being someone like Jason Reid

I dont know of any hate for Cowlishaw unless I missed something. His columns are good and he is often the only sane, reasonable panelist on ATH.

He's much better than Plaschke, who is ridiculous. A great example of someone who says stuff to get attention. He's a blogger in a columnist's body.

I don't use twitter because I can't communicate anything of purpose effectively in the amount of space it allows. And anything I could communicate in that formatt, like: "Hamburger for dinner", I wouldn't bother.

So I think the problem is partly with the tool, in that it restricts thoughts to 140 characters. But mainly with the people who use the tool to communicate things in 140 characters that can not be communicated as such.

People who want to talk about what they had for dinner, and those that want to follow such updates are perfect for twitter. Journalism is not quite as appropriate for twitter, IMO.

I dont know of any hate for Cowlishaw unless I missed something. His columns are good and he is often the only sane, reasonable panelist on ATH.

He's much better than Plaschke, who is ridiculous. A great example of someone who says stuff to get attention. He's a blogger in a columnist's body.

Royallypwned doesn't like him :(

Plaschke is hilarious, he isn't even the worst or "says stuff to get attention" guy on the Times (That's T.J. Simers)

Archived