Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

member needs your suggestions

joeknows

On the possibly off beat side, maybe a Baltimore snow cone. I know they are all over the area here in Baltimore, but I don't see them too many other places outside of circus like events. Heck, I didn't even know about them growing up near DC. I'd had them before, but it seems like there is one in every neighborhood of the Baltimore suburbs. It's a really cheap to make locally common drink/dessert if you don't want to deal with crab cake dishes to represent this area.

On the possibly off beat side, maybe a Baltimore snow cone. I know they are all over the area here in Baltimore, but I don't see them too many other places outside of circus like events. Heck, I didn't even know about them growing up near DC. I'd had them before, but it seems like there is one in every neighborhood of the Baltimore suburbs. It's a really cheap to make locally common drink/dessert if you don't want to deal with crab cake dishes to represent this area.

There's definitely a regional flair to it, but I can't see it selling at a bar/restaurant.

Also, there is Baltimore pit beef.

So for fun, I posted the premise of this thread on my face book page asking for a dish with a regional flare. I had to laugh at this response:

"The Washington Dish will change each night, as customers pay the chef to include various ingredients. The more the customers pay, the more there is of that ingredient. You can also pay to not have an ingredient. In the end, the richest customers get the Dish made from the ingredients they lobbied for. Furthermore, there must be one ingredient from every state of every of every patron. While the Chef makes the Dish, the three most obnoxious customers will alternately yell at each other and / or the chef, in the interest of informing the other patrons of the progress of the Dish. Finally, the price of the Dish is never fixed - there is a 53 page annex to the menu that defines what the price is - for patrons wearing a starched white shirt, the Dish allows a 70% cleanliness depreciation, while an accidental spill of the Dish permits a one year $5 dollar credit towards a new Dish, yet ordering the Dish with expensive natural ingredients entitles the patron to drinks at half price, and so, for 52.5 pages. Of course, the Dish must remain secure, so a Policeman is hired to stand outside the kitchen, and all customers are body scanned with shoes off in the lobby. Every 4 weeks, the patrons get to vote for their new chef, who naturally promises a special Dish."

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe you could hook up a deal with PEZ and his wing recipe.. they are most definitely legendary at the Redskins tailgate. I had them once and still remember how good they are.

~Bang

Nope.... that recipe is going to be buried with me :silly:

I just wish I saw you enjoying them more at the tailgates..... get your butt out here! :pfft:

Archived