Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com:Veteran LB Keith Bulluck agrees to one-year, $2.5M deal with Giants

Big Blue Joe

Don't sell Bulluck short.He is that type of guy who could bounce back and turn out to be a steal.In my opinion he has been one of the best in the game over the past 10 years.I would have rather him sign elsewhere,like say St. Louis or Seattle.

Agreed. He reminds me of our very own Fletch in some ways. Good leader. If he comes back healthy, he will be good for them, but I still can't see him having a huge impact. Serviceable-to-good would be my guess. But not great.

It's hard to write Bulluck off when considering how effective of a player he has been as a Titan (btw, it is going to be weird to see him in another uniform). Of course, this all depends on his knee . . . But if that knee does indeed hold up, this has got to be a good move for the Giants. He will immediately improve their linebacking group and overall defense.

It is amazing. The Giants have a very solid DLine and the best set of secondary players (assuming Kenny Philips is back) in a long time. Now their question is at LB'er which has always been a strength for the Giants. Boley is good as he showed last year towards the end why they signed him. That is, if he stays healthy. The other two spots are up in the air. I'm hoping Sintim solidifies the other spot. The most important spot on the defense though is a question mark at MLB. Goff, Dillard, or Bulluck, I'm just hoping one steps up and plays adequately.

• 4 weeks later...

Keith Bulluck-LB- Giants Aug. 24 - 2:32 pm et

The Giants have to decided to move Keith Bulluck (knee) back outside after all.

Bulluck was told Monday "to forget about playing the middle," in effect cementing Jonathan Goff as the starting middle linebacker. Bulluck is likely ticketed for the strong side, but he may not be ready to push Clint Sintim for the starting job just yet.

Source: Vinny DiTrani on Twitter

Related: Jonathan Goff, Clint Sintim

;7658946']It is amazing. The Giants have a very solid DLine and the best set of secondary players (assuming Kenny Philips is back) in a long time. Now their question is at LB'er which has always been a strength for the Giants. Boley is good as he showed last year towards the end why they signed him. That is' date=' if he stays healthy. The other two spots are up in the air. I'm hoping Sintim solidifies the other spot. The most important spot on the defense though is a question mark at MLB. Goff, Dillard, or Bulluck, I'm just hoping one steps up and plays adequately.[/quote']

With the Giants' defensive line, they can put anyone they want at LB or in the secondary. It doesn't matter because the ball will never reach them. That d-line is sick.

With the Giants' defensive line, they can put anyone they want at LB or in the secondary. It doesn't matter because the ball will never reach them. That d-line is sick.

Actually, their secondary has the potential to be pretty sick too if everyone is healthy. That assumes KP comes back strong and Ross is able to deal with the plantar however you spell it in his one foot.

;7726744']Actually' date=' their secondary has the potential to be pretty sick too if everyone is healthy. That assumes KP comes back strong and Ross is able to deal with the plantar however you spell it in his one foot.[/quote']

If anything, it looks like the LB corps may be the weakness in the defense and that isn't glaring.

Archived