Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

dcpsr.com - Report: Redskins still favored to land Westbrook

@DCGoldPants

1. His former QB is now the QB of the Redskins
  2. His brother is a Redskin.
  3. His agent is a former Redskin
  4. The Redskins are in the NFL East and has a chance to stick it to his former team twice each year.
  5. Shanahan is the coach

What more do you want?

you forgot he was a Redskins fan growing up and that he is from the area so he would be playing close to his hometown.

http://dcprosportsreport.com/2010/07/18/report-redskins-still-favored-to-land-westbrook/

Not sure why the Skins are the favorite. Personally, I believe if the dude is healthy. They you have your 3rd down RB AND a guy you split out wide a lot. Almost never using him as a RB on 1st and 2nd downs.

The Redskins are the favorite because Westbrook is from the area, his brother plays cornerback for the Redskins, and he already has chemistry with McNabb.

He's like Favre. Doesn't wanna be in training camp. After camp I see him coming here rather quickly
True. Westbrook is trying to get as much money as he can out of the teams interested in him. He should just sign and get it over with. The McNabb connection is obviously the only reason why this is a story. It's getting to the point to where it's like :beatdeadhorse: IMO.

I could be wrong, but I dont see Westbrooke being an attention whore like Brett, and I also dont remember ever hearing anything negative about his work ethic.

I also dont think its so much about the money either. I just think he wants to be w a team where he'd have a bigger role than what he'd have if he signed with us. Even if we signed him, he's by no means a lock for the final 53.

My thought is that he's gonna hold out as long as he can, maybe jump on w someone who lost a back due to injury, where he'd automatically have a bigger role. If that doesnt happen, then I think we'd probably be his first choice since he and McNabb have the history that they do. Just my opinion.

Get rid of Parker and bring in Westbrook. Westbrook is still a great back and he and McNabb have some great chemistry already. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Agreed. From everything that has been reported, Fast Willie Parker, is no longer fast. Nothing against him personally, but I think that Westbrook has more to offer our team then Parker.

All this Westbrook talk makes want to bring this back up.:D

***A interview with McNabb after one of the first practices****

Reporter- How does it feel to look back and see a Redskin RB receiving the toss?

McNabb- Well in Philly I didn't really have anyone back there

oops:ols:

That's a damn good point and an honest one. BW is not a running back that is going to rush for 100 yards. He might get 100 yards receiving, but he is not the dude to carry the rock and hit the holes. I seriously wouldn't spend more money on him then FWP.

I'm ambivalent about Westbrook. On one hand he is one more old running back and on the other hand the guy has a history of being an excellent 3rd down back. I guess it boils down to trusting Shanahan to do the right thing. It's great to have a coach who you know you can trust. We haven't had that for a while...

I would suspect if he's planning to play with us we'll hear something this week. I don't think he wants to wait knowing its a new team and new playbook..

Also just to throw this out there as a "don't be surprised" watch out for Adalius Thomas, remember he's still out there but I think right now he's asking for too much but as training camps start he's going to have to lower his price, we could use another LB..

Is that really legal?? I mean can they really discuss the playbook with a free-agent & actually not get punished for it?? If he signs on with us, great.. But if he doesnt, that could really work against us.

Never said they discussed it with him. Just that he had been asking them about it. ;)

I wouldn't be surprised to see Parker go for Westbrook. There's obviously prior chemistry between him and McNabb and he could potentially add another receiving option to what is possibly our biggest offensive weakness.

Archived