Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Will Survive: Dancing Auschwitz

ACW

From the description:

On a recent trip to Europe, a family of three generations (a Holocaust survivor, his daughter and his grandchildren) dance to Gloria Gaynor's pop song - 'I Will Survive' at concentration camps and memorials throughout Europe.

This clip was first edited with the help of my friend Pisithpong Siraphisit who runs Compeung Art Village, Chiang Mai, Thailand.

This dance is a tribute to the tenacity of the human spirit and a celebration of life.

Despite the systematic brutality and cruelty endured, we have still survived.

EUvo5OHH6o8

That. Is. Awesome :notworthy

it is rather awesome and hopefully his grandchildren learned from the trip,as we all should from history.

as my wife's great aunt used to say as she displayed the tattoo and scars

"Das darf nie wieder geschehen."

(this must never happen again)

I guess I have mixed feelings on this video. I am happy for this family and I am happy for all the Jews who survived the terrible genocide. I can't even imagine what they went through and I wish this would never happen again.

But we haven't learned. Ethinic cleansing is still allowed to happen. My heart breaks for all the genocides that have occured since WWII and continue to occur around the world; innocent people being murdered for absolutely nothing. Yet they are not receiving the media attention nor the international political attention that they should be getting.

Sorry, I'm getting off my soap box now. I am happy that this family was able to do this however.

it is rather awesome and hopefully his grandchildren learned from the trip,as we all should from history.

as my wife's great aunt used to say as she displayed the tattoo and scars

"Das darf nie wieder geschehen."

(this must never happen again)

Perhaps that first word should be 'Dass' which translates to 'That', which would make the sentence along the lines of "That may never again happen."

'Das' is 'The', which just doesn't make sense. :)

So sue me, my Kraut has always been hit and miss

you should hear me trying to speak it(though my wife says the same about my English):ols:

:ols: Its all good. Especially considering that the words were spoken and are homophones and not your native language, I'll give you a pass.

Archived