Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: It's only June, but Cowboys have the look of a champion

SonOfWashington

Whether it's the Skins or the Cowflops, one thing remains constant. No OL = no offense. Unless the Cowpatties make it through the season wthout a single injury to their offensive line, the Cowgals are a house of cards. No OL, no depth on the OL. Jerruh = Vinny. i.e. bet the season on the health of an aging OL.

May their luck resemble ours trying that one.

Summary:

Your head coach losing 30 pounds = championship.

Philly could win the SB for decades....

Haha...the genius of Pedro's comment should not be overlooked.

Once Reid enrolls in Weight Watchers, we are screwed for a decade.

oh noes, where is our article about the bottom feeders of the NFCE!!!!! TALK ABOUT HOW WE FLOPPED LAST YEAR, HYPE UP OUR QB WHOS NO LONGER ON THE TEAM. OR OUR COACH, DEF COORD and all the other coaches and management who was tossed out.

Lets see you string some winning seasons before we crown ya champs of the NFCE.

I can understand the article hating, but this is a sport that needs to be marketed during its downtime. Im sorry, they are going to market the Bills, Hawks, Skins, or anyone else treading water. You string some wins together and you;ll be more than the talk of April. Which suprisingly was done well this offseason. GET OVER IT, when Philly and NY were on top you couldnt stop the hand jobs they were getting all day every day.

I can understand the gripe, now deal with it by not giving it attention. Or revel in the attention, either way it doesnt predict the results this year but i am sure if they were screaming how great the Skins were, we'll ya all would be screaming pal offs this year.

..... i am sure if they were screaming how great the Skins were, we'll ya all would be screaming pal offs this year.

We used to hooha it up in the off season like you guys, 'cos we used to be like you guys; January football wasn't a reality so we had to get excited then.

oh noes, where is our article about the bottom feeders of the NFCE!!!!! TALK ABOUT HOW WE FLOPPED LAST YEAR, HYPE UP OUR QB WHOS NO LONGER ON THE TEAM. OR OUR COACH, DEF COORD and all the other coaches and management who was tossed out.

Lets see you string some winning seasons before we crown ya champs of the NFCE.

I can understand the article hating, but this is a sport that needs to be marketed during its downtime. Im sorry, they are going to market the Bills, Hawks, Skins, or anyone else treading water. You string some wins together and you;ll be more than the talk of April. Which suprisingly was done well this offseason. GET OVER IT, when Philly and NY were on top you couldnt stop the hand jobs they were getting all day every day.

I can understand the gripe, now deal with it by not giving it attention. Or revel in the attention, either way it doesnt predict the results this year but i am sure if they were screaming how great the Skins were, we'll ya all would be screaming pal offs this year.

So it really bothers and surprises you that REDSKINS FANS get irritated by the annual Cowboys gush-a-thon, eh? lol :ols:...Instead of chastising rival fans on their own message board about giving your team grief, howzabout you just grow a thicker skin while posting here? Yeah, that sounds like a good plan to me. :thumbsup:

So it really bothers and surprises you that REDSKINS FANS get irritated by the annual Cowboys gush-a-thon, eh? lol :ols:...Instead of chastising rival fans on their own message board about giving your team grief, howzabout you just grow a thicker skin while posting here? Yeah, that sounds like a good plan to me. :thumbsup:

im not disagreeing with you, this is a Skins board, i expect that, i just wanted to rub it in a bit and say oh well come the offseason, both of our teams get excited, than it fades down the stretch.

dont think everything i post is anti Skin or pro cowboys, i just wanted to shake things up.

im not disagreeing with you, this is a Skins board, i expect that, i just wanted to rub it in a bit and say oh well come the offseason, both of our teams get excited, than it fades down the stretch.

dont think everything i post is anti Skin or pro cowboys, i just wanted to shake things up.

So you were actually agreeing with me when you said "oh noes, where is our article about the bottom feeders of the NFCE!!!!! TALK ABOUT HOW WE FLOPPED LAST YEAR, HYPE UP OUR QB WHOS NO LONGER ON THE TEAM. OR OUR COACH, DEF COORD and all the other coaches and management who was tossed out. Lets see you string some winning seasons before we crown ya champs of the NFCE"?? lol :ols:

Weird how I didn't see it that way, huh? ;)

By the way, to deconstruct your earlier post a bit further:

I can understand the article hating, but this is a sport that needs to be marketed during its downtime. Im sorry, they are going to market the Bills, Hawks, Skins, or anyone else treading water.

Ah, I guess you've missed the "marketing" hype for teams like the Cardinals and Texans on an almost yearly basis between 2002-2008...they didn't require "stringing together some wins" first.

GET OVER IT, when Philly and NY were on top you couldnt stop the hand jobs they were getting all day every day.

The HUGE difference, of course, is that both Philly and NY made it to the Super Bowl when THEY were "on top". So the gushing was understandable, at least. Dallas hasn't accomplished squat outside of one single wildcard win against a injured, weak Eagles team in the 2nd of back-to-back road games for Philly.

i am sure if they were screaming how great the Skins were, we'll ya all would be screaming pal offs this year.

We scream that every year, that's why we're fans lol...and if you knew anything at all about the Skins fans who post on this board, we tend to get nervous when the media gives us any good amount of praise. If we got the same amount of hype that the Cowboys seemingly get year after year, you are far more likely to read posts that say "I don't like this...keep ignoring us, we play better as the underdogs" than ones applauding the analysts.

So you were actually agreeing with me when you said "oh noes, where is our article about the bottom feeders of the NFCE!!!!! TALK ABOUT HOW WE FLOPPED LAST YEAR, HYPE UP OUR QB WHOS NO LONGER ON THE TEAM. OR OUR COACH, DEF COORD and all the other coaches and management who was tossed out. Lets see you string some winning seasons before we crown ya champs of the NFCE"?? lol :ols:

Weird how I didn't see it that way, huh? ;)

By the way, to deconstruct your earlier post a bit further:

Ah, I guess you've missed the "marketing" hype for teams like the Cardinals and Texans on an almost yearly basis between 2002-2008...they didn't require "stringing together some wins" first.

The HUGE difference, of course, is that both Philly and NY made it to the Super Bowl when THEY were "on top". So the gushing was understandable, at least. Dallas hasn't accomplished squat outside of one single wildcard win against a injured, weak Eagles team in the 2nd of back-to-back road games for Philly.

We scream that every year, that's why we're fans lol...and if you knew anything at all about the Skins fans who post on this board, we tend to get nervous when the media gives us any good amount of praise. If we got the same amount of hype that the Cowboys seemingly get year after year, you are far more likely to read posts that say "I don't like this...keep ignoring us, we play better as the underdogs" than ones applauding the analysts.

To your last point, but best point, I think thats more from the hard core fans which are hard to find around here for the casual poster, so i dont disagree with it, but i dont see it as fast as you do.

Philly didnt win the SB despite getting there, and I fully believe the Giants D won despite Manning, thats opinion, but had Hobbs caught that easy interception, game over and the Gfans would be screaming for Elis head. Easy as that, that team also went on to decombust and really prove to be the fluke it was. GB being a stronger team that year, but the Giants D was built around blitz blitz blitz.

Im not going to say we see things eye to eye, but im not here to blast everything Skins related. I have a different view, even from my fellow fans and I like to converse here.

Gil Brandt couldn't find a weakness on the Cowboys, REALLY? Count me as not surprised.

Sorry DOS, but the Cowboys by standing still did not improve over last year. The class of the NFC is still the Vikings. I do think the NFCE is up for grabs and I don't doubt the talent on the Cowboys, but LT is a question mark as well as the coaching-again.

Gil Brandt couldn't find a weakness on the Cowboys, REALLY? Count me as not surprised.

Sorry DOS, but the Cowboys by standing still did not improve over last year. The class of the NFC is still the Vikings. I do think the NFCE is up for grabs and I don't doubt the talent on the Cowboys, but LT is a question mark as well as the coaching-again.

I dont think they improved in the correct places, ie COACHES. But by releasing Flo and Hamlin, it was well worth it, Flo cost us big plays and Hamlin was going to be a liability in the future.

I am happy with Sensabaugh currently and hope Mike Hamlin brings more to the table this year.

i dont disagree wtih you fully , lets put it like that.

I dont think they improved in the correct places, ie COACHES. But by releasing Flo and Hamlin, it was well worth it, Flo cost us big plays and Hamlin was going to be a liability in the future.

I am happy with Sensabaugh currently and hope Mike Hamlin brings more to the table this year.

No knock against Free but are you surprised that they did not bring in any other guys at LT? Not like there were tons of guys out there as the Redskins painfully know. But the line is aging and that Coaching is not changing. I do agree with you that some of the talent they have added lately could and should develop, but is that enough to be better this year?

2009 Dallas Cowboys Super Bowl Odds - Cowboys 14-1 Favorites

http://www.vegassports-odds.com/200906281143/nfl/odds/dallas-cowboys-super-bowl-odds-cowboys-14-1-favorites

2009 - Tom Curran's Super Bowl prediction (om Curran, NBCSports.com)

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/sports/super_bowl/nbc_tom_curran_superbowl_prediction_20090102

2008 Has a Super Bowl Team Ever Had a Week Like the 2008 Cowboys?

http://www.knowyourdallascowboys.com/2008/10/15/has-a-super-bowl-team-ever-had-a-week-like-the-2008-cowboys/

2008 2008 Dallas Cowboys Season Preview Projected Finish (13-3)

1st Place NFC East

http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_predictions_dallas_cowboys_2008.shtml

2008 Will Cowboys break the SI jinx?

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/08/will-cowboys-break-the-si-jinx.html

2007 Another season of bad predictions

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/070213

OK enough on the research I don't do anyway :ols:

No knock against Free but are you surprised that they did not bring in any other guys at LT? Not like there were tons of guys out there as the Redskins painfully know. But the line is aging and that Coaching is not changing. I do agree with you that some of the talent they have added lately could and should develop, but is that enough to be better this year?

I am shocked and irked they did not do that with the LT. Your line doesnt age because of 30 usually 35, but not at 30 so thats not a concern yet.

I dont know if Free is going to be even a decent LT, those positions are hard, and if you have one, you have to bank on the other and its tough.

I dont know if its enough to be better, IT should be enough to not decline barring injuries. I can say that much.

Archived