Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A getaway to WV?

Corcaigh

Looking to spend a week or so in WV - kids are interested in rock climbing, hiking and running (ideally forest trails/fire roads that can be run hard without concerns over twisted ankles - I have HS XC runner who needs to get his miles in while we're away and at least some flat areas would be nice).

Once we find a good general location we'll look for a decent place to rent on vrbo.com

We've enjoyed Senecca Rocks before.

Thoughts?

http://www.coopersrockstateforest.com/

Coopers Rock State Forest. You can hike and run and climb. You can camp there if you want or Morgantown is like 15 minutes away on I-68 and they have plenty of hotels, plus some pretty good dining and other stuff to do. I'm sure you could find a kegger if you wanted. :chug:

Edit: If you look under the events tab, looks like they are holding a half marathon in July. Even if you don't want to go to that, at least you know that they have the right kind of surface to get in the miles.

And just throwing it out there- have you given any thought to the Great Smokies NP? It would be about 8 hours by car- so, might be too far. But would definitely have everything you're looking for

However, I think there is no more beautiful place in this country. (the park itself)

1368284207_9513c7a28e.jpg

normal_iil_ian_bf_1014.jpg

cables-mill-great-skoky-mountains-national-park.jpg

Archived