Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR I think I heard portis 2nd player linked to galea but not sure RUMOR (M.E.T.)

corn_beef_n_rice

Just curious, but have you seen any news source report on PED usage for a particular athlete and it not be true?
Well, anonymous sources linked Santana Moss and Tom Brady initially to the Buffalo News article. Now, all you hear is Santana Moss.

And yes, Lance Armstrong has been accused by multiple news outlets and has yet to been convicted of anything.

If the PFT article has any truth to it it could still be a Capital, National or Wizard.

ALL of this stems from Chris Russels HORRENDOUS reporting and radio speculation. He LITERALLY talked for half an hour last night that it could be a Skin, Could be a Cap, Could be a Nat, could be a Wiz. And then he said, "Can you imagine if it is a BIG NAME Redskins player" and then did his snort/hmmmm, trying to sound intelligent. He was throwing **** against the wall to see if anything stuck.

Ahhh,...You know what,..... Don't really care.

THE PLAIN TRUTH,...Anabolic Steroids and HGH are very Different.

If these seriously injured players, use some cutting edge procedure, to try to heal faster.

Then good for them.

Hopefully all of them will start using it.

Hopefully some of the older,... mangled up players will be able to afford it one day also.

Why is it that Moss' name has surfaced, but the names of the other 22(?) on the list have not. Brady's name was thrown around, but it hasn't officially surfaced...yet.

Apparently there were 11 Cleveland-based players on the list. But we haven't heard a single name from Cleveland, for example.

I guess it's because the doc was supposedly on his way to treat Moss when his assistant got nabbed, but that doesn't make Moss any worse than the others on the list.

I'm hoping for the other names to come out soon, if for no other reason than to deflect attention away from the Skins and Santana.

This was on Lavars show :rolleyes:

eidt:

I mean, this was CREATED by Lavars show and a callers hypothetical question.

If you're saying the player is supposedly retired.. why not Samuels?

I agree, with many, that healing shouldnt be a crime when destroying your body is part of your duties.

edit:

^ huh, huh. i said duty. huh huh

Well, anonymous sources linked Santana Moss and Tom Brady initially to the Buffalo News article. Now, all you hear is Santana Moss.

And yes, Lance Armstrong has been accused by multiple news outlets and has yet to been convicted of anything.

Can you back up this with links? I've never heard of Brady being linked, nor have i seen any "american" news papers accusing Armstrong of PEDs. (the french on the other hand...lol)

Besides, does he have to test positive in order be accused? Last I checked, Roger Clemens didn't test positive, but we all know he used.

If these seriously injured players, use some cutting edge procedure, to try to heal faster.

Then good for them.

Hopefully some of the older,... mangled up players will be able to afford it one day also.

I don't really know much about the long-term health effects of HGH... but I completely agree that to ignore medical advancement (like stem cell research) because "God" doesn't like it, is just setting us back as a species.

Then good for them.

Personally I disagree because it sets a bad example for youths but that is irrelevant. The issue here isn't "Should HGH be allowed for it's regenerative properties in injuries?" The issue is it's both illegal and against league policy. It doesn't matter if it should or shouldn't be allowed, because it's not. If Moss took it he broke the rules. If "Player T" took it, he broke the rules. If I have cancer and I start smoking pot to help with the chemo without a prescription I'm breaking the law. It doesn't matter that I have cancer, I'm going to get arrested if I get caught. Everybody has to play under the same rules. (FWIW I'm pro-medicinal marijuana just an example).

Healing faster due to a banned (and illegal) substance is an advantage. The player's body's healing performance was enhanced by the substance. Yes HGH and Anabloc Steroids are different, but both are great for gaining a competitive advantage in sports. Hence why they are both banned.

Can you back up this with links? I've never heard of Brady being linked, nor have i seen any "american" news papers accusing Armstrong of PEDs. (the french on the other hand...lol)

Besides, does he have to test positive in order be accused? Last I checked, Roger Clemens didn't test positive, but we all know he used.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/news/story?id=5208471

Not a newspaper but legit media. It's just another guy finger pointing like most PED cases are. ESPN isn't saying he did it, just reporting that someone else is saying he did.

I don't really know much about the long-term health effects of HGH... but I completely agree that to ignore medical advancement (like stem cell research) because "God" doesn't like it, is just setting us back as a species.

HGH can lead to acromegaly. It basically causes the jaw and eyebrow bones to grow. It also causes feet and hands to grow abnormally. Sounds like a cosmetic issue but it can significantly reduce life expectancy. Also other stuff like heart enlargement (isn't that what killed Gaines Adams?), liver damage, thyroid damage, low blood sugar, and premature death (from one of these issues).

If HGH was a completely safe substance it probably wouldn't be so heavily regulated. There are risks involved and while I generally think people should be able to do what they want with their bodies, I don't want my kids looking up to athletes that are permanently disfigured and causing long term damage to themselves through the illegal use of drugs. They can perform well enough without the drugs if they want to work hard that I don't think it is neccessary.

At the bottom of this article by Russell, he says everything that is said here. I heard him on the radio with Wise and Kushner? (I guess?) earlier mid-day today anyway... he wouldn't speculate beyond what is here but on the show they listed the players who stayed in DC and did not go to Jacksonville like Moss... but rightly (I think) they pointed out there were like 5 guys who could be player T, and 4 were totally innocent men getting thier names dragged into this.

http://1067thefandc.cbslocal.com/2010/05/21/moss-i-aint-got-nothing-to-do-with-it/

....Apparently there were 11 Cleveland-based players on the list. But we haven't heard a single name from Cleveland, for example.....

Man, so this guy provided HGH to 11 Cleveland players and 2 or 3 Redskins player? That doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement for a PED. Just sayin'.

HGH can lead to acromegaly. It basically causes the jaw and eyebrow bones to grow. It also causes feet and hands to grow abnormally. Sounds like a cosmetic issue but it can significantly reduce life expectancy. Also other stuff like heart enlargement (isn't that what killed Gaines Adams?), liver damage, thyroid damage, low blood sugar, and premature death (from one of these issues).

If HGH was a completely safe substance it probably wouldn't be so heavily regulated. There are risks involved and while I generally think people should be able to do what they want with their bodies, I don't want my kids looking up to athletes that are permanently disfigured and causing long term damage to themselves through the illegal use of drugs. They can perform well enough without the drugs if they want to work hard that I don't think it is neccessary.

That's wild. Thanks for the info.

There's one more player who is with Washington and one more who is no longer with the team.

Don't worry, no one will be paying attention to Redskins when Tom Brady's name comes out.

I'm surprised no ones talking about Brady...

Assuming that Brady is Player E or J then i don't think it will be as big a deal because if he is one of those two then the evidence doesn't accuse him of HGH use.

CITIES VISITED BY GALEA

(Athletes are identified by a letter)

• Washington ... A, T

• New York ... B, I, U

• Tampa ... C, F

• Orlando ... D

• Boston ... E, J

• San Francisco ... G

• San Diego ... H

• Cleveland ... K, L, M, P, Q, R, S, V, W, X, Y

TIMELINE

• July 22: Athlete B -- New York

• July 30: Athlete B -- New York, Athlete C -- Tampa

• Aug. 3: Athlete D -- Orlando (Plasma Rich Platelet), Athlete E -- Boston

• Aug. 6: Athlete B -- New York (HGH)

• Aug. 8: Athlete F -- Tampa

• Aug. 9: Athlete G - San Francisco

• Aug. 10: Athlete H -- San Diego (HGH), Athlete I -- New York

• Aug. 11: Athlete J -- Boston (vitamin drip)

• Aug. 12: Athlete A -- Washington (vitamin drip/HGH)

• Aug. 13: Athlete K, L, M -- Cleveland (HGH/knees)

• Aug. 18-24: Galea away from his office, but contacted by Athletes N, A, P, J

• Aug. 26: Athlete I -- New York (vitamin drip), Athlete E -- Boston

• Aug. 27: Athletes M, L, P, Q -- Cleveland (M, L -- HGH; Q, vitamin drip; P, unspecified)

• Sept. 1: Athlete B -- New York (HGH), Athletes R, K, L, S -- Cleveland (L, HGH, K, S vitamin drips; R unspecified)

• Sept. 3: Athlete T -- Washington (Actovegin/vitamin drip)

• Sept. 10: Athlete B, U -- New York (B, HGH, U examination)

• Sept. 11: Athletes L, K, V, W, X, Y -- Cleveland (L, HGH; K, V, W, X, Y, vitamin drip)

• Sept. 13: Athlete A called to set up Sept. 14 appointment in Washington (packed Nutropin and Actovegin)

THE ATHLETES

• A (Washington) -- Aug. 12 (vitamin drip/HGH); Sept. 14 (Nutropin/Actovegin)

• B (New York) -- July 22; July 30; Aug. 6 (HGH); Sept. 1 (HGH); Sept. 10 (HGH)

• C (Tampa) -- July 30

• D (Orlando) -- Aug. 3 (Plasma Rich Platelet)

• E (Boston) -- Aug. 3; Aug. 26

• F (Tampa) -- Aug. 8

• G (San Francisco) -- Aug. 9 (possibly HGH)

• H (San Diego) -- Aug. 10 (HGH)

• I (New York) -- Aug. 10 (ATP and ginseng); Aug. 26 (vitamin drip)

• J (Boston) -- Aug. 11 (vitamin drip)

• K (Cleveland) -- Aug. 13 (HGH knee); Sept. 1 (vitamin drip); Sept. 11 (vitamin drip)

• L (Cleveland) -- Aug. 13 (HGH knee); Aug. 27 (HGH); Sept. 1 (HGH); Sept. 11 (HGH)

• M (Cleveland) -- Aug. 13 (HGH knee); Aug. 27 (HGH)

• N (No city available) -- Aug. 18 -24 (called about medical condition)

• O (No city available)

• P (Cleveland) -- Aug. 27

• Q (Cleveland) -- Aug. 27 (vitamin drip)

• R (Cleveland) -- Sept. 1

• S (Cleveland) -- Sept. 1 (vitamin drip)

• T (Washington) -- Sept. 3 (Actovegin/vitamin drip)

• U (New York) -- Sept. 10 (exam)

• V (Cleveland) -- Sept. 11 (vitamin drip)

• W (Cleveland) -- Sept. 11 (vitamin drip)

• X (Cleveland) -- Sept. 11 (vitamin drip)

• Y (Cleveland) -- Sept. 11 (vitamin drip)

I have lived in a lot of cities and I have to say the WP + WJFK are two of the worst media outlets in any major city I have ever spent significant time in. There is little of any substance to anything the Post reports with regard to sports and the radio channel spends all day debating rumors and what if scenarios with the intention of whipping the fanbase into a frenzy over nothing. I suppose in a competitive market this is what they have to do to stay a viable alternative to other medias but that doesn't make it any less pathetic.

Archived