Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sports related, help needed... PLEASE READ

tibbidoe

This is the fourth of my posts about “A project to help retired players”. Here’s a quick recap:

03/23/09- Posted about my idea. I was intentionally vague about the details and only trying to get a sense of how to put things together.

07/30/09- Updated how things were going, still not telling anything about the details, only that things seemed to be going well.

01/28/10- Updated again. All of the details were accounted for, but the funding was a huge problem.

A few people here were helpful, but a number of people were cynical and rather rude, saying that my idea was only a scam or some way to try and steal money from people.

Now, since I’ve had my idea stolen from me, I can explain exactly what it was I wanted to do…

The idea itself is/was very simple: Make fantasy sports games available 12 months a year. That’s why my focus was on helping retired players. I was going to use game statistics from previous seasons to make a version of fantasy games that was not being done. I felt that if I were going to be making money off of their previous accomplishments, then they should as well.

It was going to start out with just fantasy football, then move on to add all other major sports as well.

In my first post, it was suggested that I contact GridironGreats.org. I checked them out and decided to do just that… My first email to them went unanswered. I emailed about 15 other people/organizations trying to find someone who would listen, still being vague about the details. After a week or two, I got antsy and emailed the “Greats” again, this time adding the details of the plan. Again, I never heard back.

While waiting to hear back from someone, I moved forward with the project. I got my business plan together and did all of the research needed. While trying to get the funding necessary (approximately $400K) to make it happen, I found out that the “Greats” had launched their version of my idea. That was in January of this year. See http://yesteryearfantasy.com/. That was MY idea.

I’m all for helping the players, that was half of the point to begin with, but this was also going to make some money for me to take care of my son. I worked hard on it and would like to have a piece of my own idea.

Now my question is this: Even though a Non-Disclosure Agreement was never signed, if I can prove the idea was mine, IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT?

Lol this reminds me of the movie knocked up when they realized there was already a mr skin.com. Dont know man. Unless you had some sort of patent or trademark Id say there is nothing you could do. Could you imagine if someone came out after say a napster, saying that it was actually thier idea. Oh wait....

Im sure almost every invention was someone elses idea before it became a reality. Remember if ya aint first, your last.

it's entirely possible that gridiron greats already had this idea for a while, before you even sent them the email. this would also explain why they did not respond to you, precisely to show that they were not in contact with you when they launched their venture.

i remember your post. to be honest, it sounded 'shady', but now that we know your intent, it sounds like it was a good enough idea.

i (meaning 'you') might have contacted a patent or idea company when you had your idea a year ago, in retrospect. or gone on that 'shark tank' show. :)

if you have the cash to spend, probably wouldnt hurt to have an attorney look into it to make sure they didnt steal your idea.

Archived