Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hello Skins fans from PD

PD93

Discipline. Coach is doing a good job with that.

You just made a lot of peoples day with that one PD. Discipline. Welcome to ES and thanks for taking the time to answer questions from the Friday Night evening shift. :)

This is really classy of you Phillip. Connecting with the fans is really cool. You'll be a memorable Redskin for sure, if you aren't already.

My question is how do you think you will fare in the 3-4 personally? You could be an amazing run-stuffing DE, but how do you think the defense fits you?

I have to ask this - which offensive teammate is the most satisfying to straight up smash during practice?

Lol. My teammates are great and we have some great battles but I don't get joy going against them like I do going against someone who I don't know. We really try to practice hard and at the same time take care of each other.

Whats up Phillip? All offseason we've heard the offensive players talk about how the scheme will be so much better this season, how about the defense? How will it be different in terms of creating more turnovers?

We focus on getting turnovers more in this scheme. We will be aggressive when we need to and the coaches are really good and put emphasis on getting turnovers so I think we will.

Lol. My teammates are great and we have some great battles but I don't get joy going against them like I do going against someone who I don't know. We really try to practice hard and at the same time take care of each other.

Classy response, haha. I was expecting the PC answer of "the sled".

We focus on getting turnovers more in this scheme. We will be aggressive when we need to and the coaches are really good and put emphasis on getting turnovers so I think we will.

Good to know..Getting turnovers can turn this very good defense into an elite 1.:)

You are obviously a massive individual, but how big are Haynesworth and Kemoeatu? What's your deadlift up to now? Also, you got another 4 sack performance in ya? :-)

Actually I am stronger this year then I was two years ago. I just did a 650lb deadlift a few weeks ago. I workout with the team on weekdays and power lift on Saturdays. Trying to get up to 310 lbs to be even better in this defensive scheme.

Welcome aboard PD. Nice of you to join the madness for however long you can take it. :pfft:

Brace yourself---the Extremeskins ride can be as "interesting" as going from George Allen to Jim Zorn. :)

Let me take a moment to say that as a 'skins fan for over 45 years I have really appreciated your play and your character/work ethic. You've been easy to cheer for during even the hardest times.

Now that's all the "niceness" I'm allowed to display in the Stadium for the weekend. :ols:

Lol. I have read some of the posts on here. Some I agree with and some I don't. Everyone will have a difference in opinion so I will only come on once a month and answer questions to me. I will not get involved with other posts because I understand that people will think differently. It's all good.

Wow, this is pretty cool. Great to see you here! We are a pretty rabid fan base. I suppose some players use caution before clicking here haha. I know I would if I was a player on the team lol. We do kind of get crazy at times but it's just because we love the team. Most of us were born and raised Redskin fans. It's a family tradition. I'm glad you're a part of it!

Phil, thanks for deleting me from facebook! (jk, its all good i know you gotta clean your page up). But seriously, how do you feel about the new Strength and conditioning staff? You're a good player to judge that aspect obviously... maybe you can join the staff when you retire! Hopefully you can help out the rookies in the weight room.

Really glad you got an Extremeskins account and posting. You're really great to the fans and we really appreciate that. It's a rare thing to find someone who takes so much time with facebook and Extremeskins to talk to their fans. Did you straighten Lendy out about him having the fan page of the Cowboys on his Facebook?

];7505102']This is really classy of you Phillip. Connecting with the fans is really cool. You'll be a memorable Redskin for sure' date=' if you aren't already.

My question is how do you think you will fare in the 3-4 personally? You could be an amazing run-stuffing DE, but how do you think the defense fits you?[/quote']

The defense fits me perfectly. I have no complaints. After a 4-12 season it's time to try something new. We need to get more turnovers and at the same time keep our ranking in the tops and I know we can do that.

Thanks for introducing yourself and answering some questions!

I'm glad you're on our team, sir. Do you think you'll stick around the DC area after your playing career is over?

Also, some people seem to think Kyle Shanahan could take over as Head Coach here some day... what do you think about that?

PD, are you going to have to remind yourself not to try to clobber Donovan when you see him near the sideline? Hopefully the uniform will help. :D

Seriously, I'm hoping all the changes to date are creating an exciting and hopeful atmosphere for you guys who have been around awhile, as it has for the fans. :)

Actually I am stronger this year then I was two years ago. I just did a 650lb deadlift a few weeks ago. I workout with the team on weekdays and power lift on Saturdays. Trying to get up to 310 lbs to be even better in this defensive scheme.

That's some weight right there. I think I just got a hernia reading that. 310lb.'s? Pretty solid right now. Guess that means the guy who's legs you had sewn on to your shoulders won't be getting them back? You commented last month about the improvements in the weight room. Can you be more specific on some of the changes?

Phillip do you see the defense being a much improved squad as a whole now with Haslett as the coordinator compared to last year?

Yes I really think so. Just got to get everybody to buy in and get it done. For the most part everyone is working really hard to make that happen.

Awesome to have you here Phillip.:point2sky

How are all the new guys fitting in and whats your thoughts on how we will fare in the division this year, middle of the pack, or are we poised to blow some people up? :ols:

Have a healthy season and God bless.

Not trying to be middle. We want to be on top and that should be everyones goal. This is a tough division but who wins it has a good chance on going a long way. Guys are fitting in really well.

Wow, this is pretty cool. Great to see you here! We are a pretty rabid fan base. I suppose some players use caution before clicking here haha. I know I would if I was a player on the team lol. We do kind of get crazy at times but it's just because we love the team. Most of us were born and raised Redskin fans. It's a family tradition. I'm glad you're a part of it!

Thanks. I can handle crazy in that I have been around it for 14 yrs. Lol. Again thank you.

Not trying to be middle. We want to be on top and that should be everyones goal. This is a tough division but who wins it has a good chance on going a long way. Guys are fitting in really well.

Awesome to hear! I cant speak for every fan obviously, but im definitley stoked about this coming season. :D

Archived