Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sports Bar in Fredericksburg rather have singers than sports!

kiingspadee

So Saturday night after I got off work at 5 pm me and my fiancee decided that we would go to Buffalo Wild Wings to catch the Caps game and enjoy the game in a sports bar instead of the house. We get all ready and drove over to Central Park and noticed man the place was packed.

That was OK with me as long as we could find a seat. They had some local radio station outside and I was like man they are really rocking the red tonight. We walked in and heard singing and I was like oh wth is this some Karaoke night or something?

After sifting through the crowd of a what seemed to be a hundred people I noticed there was no where to sit and when I looked at the screens majority of the screens were looking at the singer on stage and only saw a few screens for the Caps (it was already close to 7:15 or so) I was like wth is this crap. I was looking around and there - on the wall I saw it. Something that made me so sick to my stomach and something that made me really despise the town that I have lived in for 24 years.

BURG IDOL FINALS!

Are you serious? Burg Idol? Burg. Idol! I was not happy. I was cursing and angry that at a SPORTS BAR when a "local" team was in the playoffs a SPORTS BAR would rather have some crappy singers instead of SPORTS! I mean if they were so damn good why didn't they get their asses onto American Idol. I ended up in Green Turtle by the mall and loved it as it was my first time at the Green Turtle. In our booth there was our own HDTV which was sweet and a LOT of caps fans! During the fight the place was rocking and when we tied the game at 5 a piece one waitress actually dropped her tray of food (I felt bad) but it was funny the place went that crazy she got startled.

Burg Idol - I just can't believe it. What a joke

I texted a co-worker and he said that apparently we live in a town where majority of the men have a vagina and would rather listen to a singer than get drunk and watch a sports game.

Im suprised that Buffalo Wild Wings had any hockey on their TV's... A few years back the apparently had new management and they would come up with every excuse in the book not to play hockey. I would go there with some hockey teammates of mine after our games and what not to grab a beer and check out the games. I would always ask if they were playing the capitals games and the lady would "go ask the manager" it always took forever and I figured it was because they were trying to come up with an excuse not to put it on... They told me that they did subscrible to Center Ice, then said they didn't have comcast... pretty much the way they explained it to me was that they didn't have any "sports channels" it was ridiculous... F'em....

P.S. Go across the street to bailey's... they always put hockey on and first over everything else... some of the bartenders are die hard hockey fanatics...

I almost went inside but saw how crowded it was. Some of the singers were from my high school so our school made a big deal about it, and the majority of kids listen to 99.3 on the way to school, so it was quite hyped up. Me and my friends ended up going to glory days though. No burg idol and lots and lots of caps action.

I almost went inside but saw how crowded it was. Some of the singers were from my high school so our school made a big deal about it, and the majority of kids listen to 99.3 on the way to school, so it was quite hyped up. Me and my friends ended up going to glory days though. No burg idol and lots and lots of caps action.

Yeah that's how Green Turtle was - I won't ever go to BWW ever again

I had a similar problem years ago. I would go to this sports bar every Thursday and watch college football. Then on came this ****ty show called Big Brother. Well, one of the douchebags on the show was a local guy. Douchbags tend to have douchbag family members and douchbag friends. All these douchbags got together and talked to the bar owner who at that time turned into a douchbag himself and put Big Brother on every TV in the joint every Thursday night.

Archived