Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Denver Post.com: Q&A: Shanahan wasn't going to cut Marshall

TK

You could interpret TK's statement two ways. Some of you seem to be taking the "we're trading Marshall for Haynesworth" route but the less insider-ish take is that TK is furthering his long standing belief that Haynesworth is going nowhere. Replace Marshall's name in the article with Haynesworth's, it's a similar situation and TK highlighted the fact that Shanahan said he had no intention of trading/cutting Marshall (read as: Haynesworth).

That's my interpretation as well, way to sum it up nicely EA. :)

Btw, TK, I'm sure you're just finding all of this so amusing, lol.

There does seem to be double meaning because of the timing. Brandon Marshall just signed his tender, Schefter tweeted that the signing opens the way for any trades, and TK pulls up an article from months ago that says that Shanny doesn't have a problem with Marshall on his team.

So hopefully the tea leaves are saying both. Shanny is ok with Brandon Marshall and/or Albert Haynesworth on his team. Hopefully "and" is what happens. :)

I see what your saying...man, that would be incredible to have Marshall and AH...however the locker room would be a little whacky at that point:)

I see what your saying...man, that would be incredible to have Marshall and AH...however the locker room would be a little whacky at that point:)

I actually think Marshall would fall in line, a la Clinton Portis, since he has past experience with Shanny. And since he knows Big Shanny knows how to use him, Kyle showed he can use a big time WR, and Donovan has shown he can get the ball to big time WRs, I'm sure Brandon will behave. Plus he'll probably get the new deal he's been looking for, though probably not as lucrative and more organization friendly than the deals given under our previous regime.

(ESPN: John Clayton) Brandon Marschall might be traded within the next 24 hours and the price might be a 2nd and a 4th

I hope they are looking for 2nd and 4th value as much as the actual picks. Cause in that case a 1st round swap and Malcolm Kelly would be more than fair value for Marshall.

I hope they are looking for 2nd and 4th value as much as the actual picks. Cause in that case a 1st round swap and Malcolm Kelly would be more than fair value for Marshall.

Only way this happens is if the Broncos are looking for someone to draft in the top 5 .

So lets say Bradford, Suh and Mccoy are gone seems like a forgone conclusion anyways I don't think they would want any of the OT's , they dont want Clausen cause of the BQ trade,and Dez would properly be their at 12 ......

So that leaves Eric Berry as the only one left anyone heard of any interest in him from Denver?

Only way this happens is if the Broncos are looking for someone to draft in the top 5 .

So lets say Bradford, Suh and Mccoy are gone seems like a forgone conclusion anyways I don't think they would want any of the OT's , they dont want Clausen cause of the BQ trade,and Dez would properly be their at 11 ......

So that leaves Eric Berry as the only one left anyone heard of any interest in him from Denver?

Not that it necessarily means anything, but Kiper's mock has them drafting Earl Thomas. I know that the biggest needs for the Broncos is youth on the DL and in the secondary. Eric Berry paired with Dawkins even for a season would be great for his development. I'm sure that a guy like McDaniels sees the value in an Ed Reed type playmaker. He has Dumervil and a 1st round pass rusher in Ayers and Berry would be able to make a big difference with this pass rush.

McDaniels also asked for a more basic defense last year and that led to some of the team's slide and the friction that caused Mike Nolan to leave. Eric Berry's presence allows McDaniels to have more of the type of defense he'd like.

But that's just my analysis of their situation. Really my point is that if they are considering Earl Thomas, they'd have to be interested in an opportunity to snag Berry. Especially if it doesn't cost them any additional draft picks and only a malcontent WR. Malcolm Kelly can be thrown in to sweeten the pot and possibly provide Denver with a replacement for Marshall.

Wait so Haynesworth won't play NT in a 3-4 but Marshall well? LOL

Sorry couldn't resist, I think what the article is saying is Shanahan was going to hold marshall to his contract as I recall. That doesnt' mean he would have brought him back necessarily.

Do the Broncs need a NT maybe they are eyeing the kid from TN or Bama?

Rhodus,

I agree with you, actually. I think either (or combined) Thomas and Kelly will be able to equal Marshall, or at least come close to doing so with a good QB. Throw in Davis, Cooley, etc and I don't think we NEED a guy who can break the NFL record for catches in a game. It's not as if Marshall has been hoisting trophies, even when he had Cutler or this season with a better defense.

Rhodus,

I agree with you, actually. I think either (or combined) Thomas and Kelly will be able to equal Marshall, or at least come close to doing so with a good QB. Throw in Davis, Cooley, etc and I don't think we NEED a guy who can break the NFL record for catches in a game. It's not as if Marshall has been hoisting trophies, even when he had Cutler or this season with a better defense.

Maybe, but Kelly + a 2nd and 4th next year? I'd do it. He'd be the best receiver McNabb has ever thrown to.

Maybe, but Kelly + a 2nd and 4th next year? I'd do it. He'd be the best receiver McNabb has ever thrown to.

The guys on our roster now are a better group than any McNabb has ever thrown to. Lets try and make our own superstars for once, rather than trying to plug in ones from other teams and hope they fit into what were trying to do.

Archived