Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need some help with a Sports Marketing exercise

terrifNick21

Alright, for my exercise, I'm supposed to interview five consumers and ask them to describe a sports product they consider to be extremely high value and one they consider to be of extremely poor value. And then why do they feel this way?

Is there anyone that's willing to help me out with this? It would be GREATLY appreciated! :)

High value--Tires for NASCAR. The tires are the most important thing for the racing teams. One flat tire could ruin an entire race for team. So its important for the teams to monitor tire pressure throughout the race and be able to assess the wear on the tires.

Low Value--Baseball bats. A bat is only as good as the person using it. If you can't hit, it doesn't matter what bat you use.

High value--Tires for NASCAR. The tires are the most important thing for the racing teams. One flat tire could ruin an entire race for team. So its important for the teams to monitor tire pressure throughout the race and be able to assess the wear on the tires.

Low Value--Baseball bats. A bat is only as good as the person using it. If you can't hit, it doesn't matter what bat you use.

Thanks man. Appreciate it.

um good value is harder for me to judge, i tend to judge in terms of durability which most sporting equipment isn't: field goal posts ... hardly ever changed out to my knowledge.

low value: one piece composite hockey sticks. They suck in terms of durability and high cost and every kid that watches hockey feels the need for a $300 dollar stick.

High Value: good quality basketball. Because one you can't grip is worthless

Low Value: expensive golf clubs. If you can't hit a $400 set what makes you think you are going to be better with something costing so much more?

From a marketing perspective- if you want to get any value out of this exercise- you need to do a better job of defining the criteria for the products chosen.

For instance, I could say that I place high value on expensive baseballs, and low value on cheap ones. Now what good has that done for you? None

High Value: Bowling ball. Slight differences in a bowling ball can make huge differences for a professional bowler. Having the right ball to suit your style is extremely important.

Low Value: Contrary to some belief, basketballs. Differences in basketballs do not really affect good players ability to score points. The biggest difference is the grip on the ball and even that is easy to adjust to.

Low Value: Contrary to some belief, basketballs. Differences in basketballs do not really affect good players ability to score points. The biggest difference is the grip on the ball and even that is easy to adjust to.

:ols: now thats funny

You're probably used to that country club ****, as WS would say... where the choice is between the NCAA certified ball and the NBA certified...

From a marketing perspective- if you want to get any value out of this exercise- you need to do a better job of defining the criteria for the products chosen.

For instance, I could say that I place high value on expensive baseballs, and low value on cheap ones. Now what good has that done for you? None

Worse ... I insisted on expensive high quality tennis balls for match play, but tolerated much cheaper stuff for practice.

:ols: now thats funny

You're probably used to that country club ****, as WS would say... where the choice is between the NCAA certified ball and the NBA certified...

Nah we use whatever ball someone brings to the pickup games and they vary in quality. I dont think Kobe or LeBrons numbers would be hurting if they switched to a cheaper ball. Guys that can play can play regardless of the ball. Might impact those of us that are not very good a little more though.

Nah we use whatever ball someone brings to the pickup games and they vary in quality. I dont think Kobe or LeBrons numbers would be hurting if they switched to a cheaper ball. Guys that can play can play regardless of the ball. Might impact those of us that are not very good a little more though.

this is just nonsense, and I seriously wonder if you've actually played a serious pick up game with any kind of competition in your life.

not a shot at you or anything, I wouldn't think less or more of you if you had or hadn't. I just want to point out that your POV is completely incorrect.

basketballs have an incredible amount of variation. Some are as heavy as lead. Some have absolutely no grip and its like someone rubbed talc all over them. Some bounce like a mother****er, some don't. etc. etc. It makes a big difference if you're playing with a ****ty ball

For equipment,

High value: A good driveway basketball hoop that you install correctly can last years and years for a few hundred bucks.

Low value: That 400 dollar driver that will be selling for 150 in a year. The thing will probably help your game marginally at best, anyway.

High value - Last season's golf equipment. Amazing technology for half the price.

Low value - This season's golf equipment. Twice the price for only a marginal (if any) improvement in technology/playability.

Archived