Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter via Twitter: The reason Philly traded McNabb.

Mr.Skinbo

People need to calm down. "ONE REASON the Eagles made the trade..."

At some point, the Eagles may have wondered if they shoudl really trade a pretty good QB within their division. At that point, someone may have pointed out that, if not, the Skins may have ended up wtih a better QB who could be around for the next decade and a half. So, that makes it a little easier to decide to deal Mcnabb in the division.

Schefter said some execs believe that may have been a reason. Maybe they're right. Maybe they're not. But probably some of them believe it. Do we really need 10 pages of people calling Schefter an idiot?

Possible derail, but Shefter has really garnered a ton of (well-deserved) respect in a very short time. He went from being a nonentity to being the top inside guy in a year or so, at least that was my awareness. Pretty remarkable and I hope he can keep the objectivity up to combat the likes of McShay and PFT and such.

As for the truth of the twitter (tweet?) I don't see much reason to disbelieve it, because the Eagles trading McNabb at all to me is an indication that they're pretty stupid. Another stupid belief/rationale from them isn't shocking.

Soooo, the Eagles would like to give us a proven, championship-caliber, experienced QB and allow us to draft the top OL at #4, instead of drafting Bradford.

No trade = Bradford, 2nd round OL

Trade = McNabb, Okung

I'll take the trade, THANKS Eagles!

as I have said for a while, Sam Bradford is the best QB prospect since Carson Palmer. It may not be true, but may in fact be true because of the simple fact that most execs really think this guy is going to be a VERY good QB, especially if he was matched with Shanny.

as I have said for a while, Sam Bradford is the best QB prospect since Carson Palmer. It may not be true, but may in fact be true because of the simple fact that most execs really think this guy is going to be a VERY good QB, especially if he was matched with Shanny.

Right, but if the Eagles really wanted us to not get Bradford, wouldn't they have wanted a 1st rounder? I mean we could still draft Bradford at #4 if he is there. Would it be the smartest move? Maybe not, but if Shanny really wants him, he could still get him.

Archived