Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter via Twitter: The reason Philly traded McNabb.

Mr.Skinbo

I doubt that. In all reality, we still might take him or another QB to groom (at least that's what I hope). McNabb is a damn good QB. If this is actually the reason, then why would they essentially give us an immediate starter? If they didn't want us to have Bradford (an unknown rookie) to upgrade our Qb position, then why would they bolster the QB position immediately for us with McNabb? Anyway, if we were dead set on Bradford, we would trade up and get him. Schefter is making an idiot of himself with this logic.

Yeah, i find it hard to believe they trade us a 6 time pro-bowler to block an unproven rookie from coming to this organization.

Thats almost as dumb as if a team gave up a 3rd and 4th rounder for a back up RB just to block a division rival from aquiring him....Hold up!! :paranoid: :doh:

If the Rams don't end up taking Bradford I'd be OK with us still taking him. We could groom him as the QB of the future for a few years. How many more times are we gonna pick top 5 and get a chance at a franchise QB in the next few years? I know our OL isnt in good shape but finding a QB of the future is very important.

schefter4_normal.JPG@Adam_Schefter NFL execs believe one reason Eagles traded McNabb to Redskins was so Washington could not acquire Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford.

Thats sounds a touch far fetched. You trade your Pro Bowl starting QB to a division rival to stop them trading up to pick a QB #1 overall who may, when the dust settles, turn into a bust? I mean he may be there when we pick at #4 and there was no evidence we were going to trade up anyway.

More probably they had two QBs in the final year of their deals, had the risk that they could lose both at the end of the year for nothing and decided to commit to the younger guy. Meanwhille they get what they can right now for the older guy.

:ols::ols: April's fool

1) Even if we were going to draft Bradford and wanted him badly enough with McNabb we can still do it

2) Suppose Shanahan didnt want Donovan and took a page out of philly's playbook and said No,thanks he was too old ,then what??

3)How does that explain them talking to Oakland and Buffalo??? Was it also Reid & Co's masterplan to dangle McNabb in front of them to stop them too from drafting Bradford??

At the end of the day McNabb is a Redskins he's wanted and valued here. I think the real deal is that they wanted to keep both(McNabband Kolb) and couldn't. Perhaps Reid was hoping that # 5 would concede the starting job to Kolb and be his backup in order to remain a filthy iggle.

But if it helps Reid and Co sleep better at night then oh yeah it TOTALLY WORKED;)

That's a load of bull. Look back to the fan reaction of trading Dawkins last year. Trading McNabb was a political move. Kolb is not going to ride the Eagles to the Super Bowl this year or possibly next. I think the Eagles needed to do right by McNabb and themselves. Who'd want to play for them if they shipped a player of Donovan's caliber to Al Davis?

Best case senario... McNabb plays 2-3 years. Kolb will take 1-3 years to develop. If the Skins trade players like Landry, Haynesworth, or Cooley for draft picks, we may have a first round QB on our roster behind McNabb sooner than you think.

The Eagles trade of McNabb was for draft picks and political posture. Plus, the competition twice a year makes for great headlines.

Archived