Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

@Schefter-Skins NOT shopping Big Al

TK

Adam_Schefter: Some more big reasons Albert Haynesworth won't be traded this off-season. RT@adbrandt Paid 21M on April 1, 32M past yr, won't trade now.

That's what I was thinking too. Why would you pay a guy a $21M roster bonus on April 1 and then try to trade him less than a week later...

La Canfora.... Schefter.... La Canfora.... Schefter.... who to believe? :rolleyes:

Well according to rotoworld,

With the Redskins having paid Albert Haynesworth his $21 million option bonus, his contract is essentially reduced to a three-year, $16M deal.

$9M is guaranteed. "Every team in the NFL would have interest in that," a league source told Profootballtalk.com. The question is whether the Redskins will want some money back from the bonus they paid from interested teams. The Titans and Rams are believed to be in pursuit of Haynesworth. St. Louis makes a lot of sense because of its annually putrid run defense, and Washington's confirmed interest in Adam Carriker.

$5 and change per year for the best defensive tackle in the game? I think that could bring back a LOT, regardless of what kind of person he is. The Chiefs got a first, two thirds and swapped 6's with the Vikings for Jared Allen. Just saying.

I may be wrong, but allen had just been signing RFA tenders and, eventually, a franchise tag before he was traded.

Also, Shaun Rogers signed for 6/$42 (7 mil annual) with Cleveland a couple of years ago. He is now age 31, compared to Albert's 28.

Just complete speculation, but if I'm another team, this is an investment I'd like to make.

EDIT: I see you guys thinkt he stumbling block would be the 21M bonus paid... Question. Why would Bruce restructure that and then, go back and offer him to the eagles right away if that was a problem?

That's what I was thinking too. Why would you pay a guy a $21M roster bonus on April 1 and then try to trade him less than a week later...

Well, I can certainly see why you'd want to keep someone you've paid $32M over the past year or so. However, you could make the argument that trading him was not an option until they cut that $21M check. So, if (big if) the staff really doesn't think he fits in with their future, now would be the time to cut your losses, eat the money, and get something back for him.

But, admittedly, it's much more likely they'd want to get something out of their huge investment.

This is going to tick off TK / Schefter...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/07/redskins-haynesworth-are-suddenly-playing-chicken/

More significantly, Schefter's source also said that Haynesworth "is, and will continue to be, the Redskins' starting nose tackle." Those last two words are powerful; Haynesworth has made it clear that he has no desire to play "nose tackle" in the new 3-4 defense that the Redskins are installing. Characterizing Haynesworth as a "nose tackle" surely is aimed at reminding Haynesworth that, if he stays, he'll be expected to do something he doesn't want to do.

Schefter's version comes at a time when three other NFL writers -- Jason Reid of the Washington Post, Jason La Canfora of NFL Network, and John Clayton of ESPN -- have reported unequivocally that Haynesworth remains available. Our guess is that Shanahan is using his relationship with Schefter as a way to apply the brakes to what quickly was becoming inevitable, and in turn to squeeze Haynesworth into coughing up some of that large pile of cash he received last week, if he wants to avoid playing "nose tackle" in the Redskins' 3-4 defense.

The skins paid a huge chunk of Fat Al's guaranteed money after the Mcnabb trade. Whats left on his contract is a 3 year deal worth 16M, 9 of which is guaranteed.

That is definitely a tradeable contract and they will move his fatass for a fair offer. Al had a chance to make nice with the new regime and he passed; rather go ride on that ugly ass cigar boat.

Well he made his choice and shanahan made his; the days of the inmates running the aslyum are over.

This is going to tick off TK / Schefter...

I/me/we:silly: still stand by the fact that Florio is/was/& will be nothing more then a cheap hack that likes to play dress up as a monkey & fling poo until something sticks. :)

O NO

Our Nose tackle MIGHT BE FAT AND LAZY!

O no! Lord knows that Wilfork and Shaun Rogers are Svelt! (Rogers is a freaking idiot, BTW.)

The NFL reporting and reporters are pretty freaking comical...Its like a soap opera I dont mind watching!

JReidPost

Redskins still trying to trade Albert Haynesworth before draft, according to two sources. If he's here after draft likely here for season. 3 minutes ago via OpenBeak

LoL at Reid for this tweet after Schefter said it wasn't happening.

JReidPost

Redskins still trying to trade Albert Haynesworth before draft, according to two sources. If he's here after draft likely here for season. 3 minutes ago via OpenBeak

LoL at Reid for this tweet after Schefter said it wasn't happening.

I wish we could get a competent beat writer here for once

Archived