Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Major League Baseball Thread

StillUnknown

I will drink a beer to baseball, to spring, and to the desperate need for a true, hard salary cap in the majors tonight.

As a Pirates' fan, I'll enjoy the next four or five days, at which point we'll be mathematically eliminated. :ols: This is why baseball is lagging behind the other major pro sports right now in terms of popularity. There's no reason for me to watch.

The NFL has been so successful because EVERY team in the league feels like they have a shot at winning it all when the season kicks off; even the SAINTS!!!

I hope this gets fixed eventually. I miss baseball.

I will drink a beer to baseball, to spring, and to the desperate need for a true, hard salary cap in the majors tonight.

As a Pirates' fan, I'll enjoy the next four or five days, at which point we'll be mathematically eliminated. :ols: This is why baseball is lagging behind the other major pro sports right now in terms of popularity. There's no reason for me to watch.

The NFL has been so successful because EVERY team in the league feels like they have a shot at winning it all when the season kicks off; even the SAINTS!!!

I hope this gets fixed eventually. I miss baseball.

Ugh. How can you root for anything from ****tsburg?

Since I'm lazy just going to post my predictions I made in Feb from noted hockey forum here

AL East

Yankee

Sox

TB

Oriole

Blue Jay

Yankees made some additions this season in Granderson and Thames, still got a nasty rotation and hitters

Expect them to win AL East again

Orioles are a very good young team but AL East is serious business. Unfortunately they will finish in the cellar again, but just look at this.

Bergesen, Tillman, Arietta, Matusz, Uehara (when healthy)

Good young rotation

AL Central

White Sox

Minnesota

Detroit

Cleveland

KC

Only different because those 3 teams are pretty good and it'll be a good race again just like last year. We'll see if Ozzie can lead White Sox to playoff again.

AL West

Seattle

Tex

LAA

Oak

As I said before I don't buy Texas yet despite evidence of a young and rising team. Texas nearly made the playoffs before collapsing and eventually losing out in the race to the Red Sox. They have made improvements this season though and it should be interesting to see if they can finally get it done this year and win their division

AL MVP - Undefined and can't predict this early

AL Cy Young - CC?

AL Rookie of the Year - Undefined, hopefully a O

AL wildcard team - Boston

AL Champion - Yankees again

NL East

Phil

ATL

Florida

Met

Nat

Looking forward to seeing how Halladay and Phillies will do. They probably won't disappoint. I disagree on Florida in 2nd place, Atlanta is up and coming. They might finish 2nd

NL Central

St. Louis

Milwaukee

Cub

Red

Pitt

Astro

Not much disagreement here, don't see any problems with this. STL clearly best team in division

NL West

Dodger

Giant (good young team)

Rockies

Diamondbacks

Your Padres

Not much disagreement here either, Giants are a team to watch. They got a nasty rotation. Dodgers will probably win division though

NL MVP - Undefined , too early

NL Cy Young - Clayton Kershaw

NL Rookie of the Year - ?

NL Wildcard - Between Giants , Milwaukee, ATL, and Florida I can't really pick one.

NL Champion - Phillies?

World Series - Yankees over Phillies in 7

Only change I would make is prob ranking Texas over Seattle, I have forgiven Texas for 30-3 and now believe in the Rangers

Edited by ixcuincle

Ugh. How can you root for anything from ****tsburg?

My dad never cared about sports. I grew up, almost equidistant between Pittsburgh and Washington. I had one grandma that was a Skins fan, and one that was a Bucs fan. I picked up both, and found the Caps on my own. :)

Acceptable.

Though I pray you've retired from your Bucs fandom.

Nope.

I actually tried to root for Nats when they first moved. Afterall, all my other favorite teams are based in DC. But it just wasn't happening. Once I pick a team, that's it. Unfortunately. :ols:

Nope.

I actually tried to root for Nats when they first moved. Afterall, all my other favorite teams are based in DC. But it just wasn't happening. Once I pick a team, that's it. Unfortunately. :ols:

:doh:

I'm a moron. You mentioned the Skins, my brain went to football and I was thinking of Tampa Bay.

I hate Pittsburgh but I can't really hate the Pirates, they're just not good enough to be hated :ols:

:doh:

I'm a moron. You mentioned the Skins, my brain went to football and I was thinking of Tampa Bay.

I hate Pittsburgh but I can't really hate the Pirates, they're just not good enough to be hated :ols:

Nope. Haven't had a winning record since 1992. I keep hoping for the second coming of the Bad News Bears. But mostly, it's just more bad news. :ols:

Hmm....Come to think of it, when was the last time the Redskins won anything? I'm a lot of things, but a fair-weather fan certainly isn't one of them. A masochist maybe? :pfft:

GO CAPS!!!

Braves might raise some eyebrows, I was on the Braves won't sniff playoffs bandwagon last year and I was uneducated and I was certainly proven wrong. They are a good team.

Heyward, Hanson, Kawakami, and the rest...they came so close to making the wild card last year, this year I think they get it done.

I don't know about Chipper though, that guy used to be elite. BS how do you feel about Chipper this year, will he be elite

Edited by ixcuincle

Nope. Haven't had a winning record since 1992. I keep hoping for the second coming of the Bad News Bears. But mostly, it's just more bad news. :ols:

Hmm....Come to think of it, when was the last time the Redskins won anything? I'm a lot of things, but a fair-weather fan certainly isn't one of them. A masochist maybe? :pfft:

GO CAPS!!!

Yeah, understandable...just glad it wasn't the Tampa Bay Bucs, I'd still like to punch Alstott in the head (his ****ing elbow was down).

We're all masochists really, no other reason to support the Skins that passionately.

As for MLB, I get alot of heat for it, but I'm a Red Sox fan. Didn't jump on the bandwagon at all, I've been rooting since I was a kid (family from MA and CT, my uncle sold hot dogs at Fenway as a kid etc) and I suffered way too much for a normal kid when it came to sports (probably explains some things). Also helped that my dad despised the Yankees and while he partially rooted for the O's I just couldn't support Baltimore, not my city or my state.

Anyways I'll shut up, I'm pumped for tonight.

He can say all he'd like to me, but the Braves aren't even going to sniff the playoffs.

Yeah, ok. Many are picking them to be in the wildcard hunt. Therefore, your statement seems kinda silly. You're simply uninformed. They had one of the top pitching staffs in baseball last year. And this year will be no different. If some of the newcomers like Glaus, Heyward, and Melky produce, this team could even give the Phillies a run for the division. And don't forget the Cox factor. Being its his last year, his players will definitely go all out for him.

Braves might raise some eyebrows, I was on the Braves won't sniff playoffs bandwagon last year and I was uneducated and I was certainly proven wrong. They are a good team.

Heyward, Hanson, Kawakami, and the rest...they came so close to making the wild card last year, this year I think they get it done.

I don't know about Chipper though, that guy used to be elite. BS how do you feel about Chipper this year, will he be elite

Chipper just had a bad year last year. It happens to the best of 'em. Plus he had his usual nagging injuries. As long as he's in the lineup, he's gonna produce. That's always been the case with the guy. He will have a solid season.

Edited by Bubble Screen

Yeah, understandable...just glad it wasn't the Tampa Bay Bucs, I'd still like to punch Alstott in the head (his ****ing elbow was down).

That may have been the worst day of my life, and the game was only a small part of it. But that's a whole different story. I loathe the TB Bucs to this day because of it.

Anyway, good luck to your Sawx. I'm looking forward to the game tonight.

My predictions:

AL East

Red Sox

Yankees

Rays

Orioles

Blue Jays

AL Central

White Sox

Tigers

Twins

Royals

Indians

AL West

Rangers

Angels

Mariners

Athletics

NL East

Phillies

Braves

Marlins

Mets

Nationals

NL Central

Cardinals

Cubs

Brewers

Astros

Reds

Pirates

NL West

Rockies

Dodgers

Giants

D'Backs

Padres

AL Wild Card: Yankees

NL Wild Card: Braves

AL MVP: Tex

NL MVP: Pujlos

AL Cy Young: Lester

NL Cy Young: Halladay

AL ROY: Wieters

NL ROY: Strasburg (if he gets promoted early enough) or Heyward

^^^^nice picks

i would only really argue with the Mariners being 3rd in the division. they probably have the best 1-2 combo in King Felix & Cliff Lee. i'm picking them to win that division

King Felix will be #2 in cy young voting. Cliff Lee will see some regression in his pitching, especially moving back to the AL. And until the Mariners start to hit the ball they look comfortable finishing 3rd in the league.