Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need-new-rock-can't-stand-it!

HRNY4ZRNY

thanks poker packer. listened a little to them.

Silent Force made me think of Bowie singing.

When you finish going through 'em, let me know what you think. I held myself back to only one song from each band, but some of them can do such different things from one song to the next that I may not be doing them justice.

My only thought here is that HRNY listens to DC101 way too much for his own good.

I hate DC101

Linkin Park is a band I liked along time ago. Hybrid Theory, Meteroa. But as I get older I have gotten a little tired of them.

Breaking Benjamin is flawless, I suggest All 4 of their cd's. If you arent a fan you will become one. Check out Saturate.

Live is still great. Lightning crashes, selling the drama, the mirror song...

Sevendust is completely underrated. Live Again, Dead Set, Angel's Son, Broken Down, X-mas day, Black all are great.

Finger Eleven actually has a great cd. Their self titled one. Obvious Heart and Absent Elements are amazing.

None of the songs I like are played on DC101. DC101 plays Red hot chili peppers, nirvana, guns and roses over and over and over.

When you finish going through 'em, let me know what you think. I held myself back to only one song from each band, but some of them can do such different things from one song to the next that I may not be doing them justice.

Cool I'll go through em more later and pm you. Probably in a couple days.

I have a challenge. Listen to this song. All of it and tell me its not awesome. It is really really amazing. Just a dash of punk. Check out the lyrics to. Tell me what you think

Ladybug

The song is unreleased... Cant believe an unreleased song could kick so much ass.

Damn Ive listened to it 1,000 times and still love it! So fun to sing. The lyrics are in the info.

listned to the whole thing? You are a hard sell... not a breaking benjamin fan?

Not my cup o' tea.

What about this

Rock AT ITS PUREST FORM

Better... but still no. I'm not entirely sure where you're coming up with this purest form thing, either. It's a diverse genre and the only way you can even come close to dubbing something "pure rock" would be to go back to its roots.

Not my cup o' tea.

Better... but still no. I'm not entirely sure where you're coming up with this purest form thing, either. It's a diverse genre and the only way you can even come close to dubbing something "pure rock" would be to go back to its roots.

Purest form to me is sick lyrics, passion, anger, energy all wrapped up perfectly.

"Screaming on the inside, I am frail and withered, cover up the wounds, that I cant hide"

"Follow the hopeless, and shut your eyes, all will be abandoned none will shine, gather the broken and leave this life, lying in the earth side by side.

Awesome lyrics.

Damn I really wish some good rock bands would put out some music! Can anyone help me? Here are my favorite bands. So you know the general style. I really like hard rock some metal but I hate screaming and yelling. I like to understand lyrics and I like singers with powerful voices. Please post any awesome songs.

Breaking Benjamin

Sevendust

Cold

Disturbed

Coheed and Cambria

Finger Eleven

Live

Seether

Shinedown

Smile Empty Soul

Thought it would be cool to post and new rock on here.

Here is all I could find in my desperate searches.

*Sevendust- Unraveling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwOBwEJCAwc

NOFX just put out their latest album, Coaster. These dudes have been around since '83, but put out some pretty impressive music. Check out "We Called it America"

He has good taste. Musically speaking, though, he isn't in the same league as those guys.

I would disagree and probably no one will agree but BB is quietly making a case for best Rock band of all time. If you can make a song about the Wizard of Oz and make it great thats a gift.

My personal favorite song of all time. Build up is worth it when you get to the end. Goes from dark to a lighter side at 2:00

And Natural Life

listen from 2:00 mark

Archived