Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins possibly interested in NT Ma'ake Kemoeatu

RWJ

If we're going to do the 3-4 in earnest, this is a good start.

He's not the answer, obviously. But it's a foot in the right direction.

Yet, I'm secretly holding out hope that Montgomery turns it around and becomes a NT... maybe he will if he's motivated?

If we sign Kemoeatu/Jamal Williams and Larry Foote our front seven would be...

DE: Phillip Daniels NT: Kemoeatu or Jamal Williams DE: Albert Haynesworth

OLB: Andre Carter? Rocky McIntosh? ILB: London Fletcher ILB: Rocky McIntosh? Larry Foote? OLB: Brian Orakpo. Thats a pretty good front seven...

Would Haynesworf even be a fit for that position?

While he might not be the stereotypical body type for a 3-4 DE I think he could be highly productive there. Haynesworth as lined up across the line in a 4-3 front so I don't see any reason he couldn't succeed anywhere in a 3-4. We've seen him battle double teams from the DT spot as he would from the nose in a 3-4, line up at DE and rush an OT, line up at DE and stunt inside, etc. He has experience with all of the same techniques a 3-4 DE or NT would need in their arsenal so I don't see it being a problem for him.

As far as Kemoeatu I think he could be a solid NT for us. It would be great to have a Wilfork/Shaun Rogers in there that can soak up double teams and still penetrate but it isn't absolutely needed. For our first season a big body or two should be enough to get things going while we continue to look for an upper echelon NT in FA and the draft.

If we sign Kemoeatu/Jamal Williams and Larry Foote our front seven would be...

DE: Phillip Daniels NT: Kemoeatu or Jamal Williams DE: Albert Haynesworth

OLB: Andre Carter? Rocky McIntosh? ILB: London Fletcher ILB: Rocky McIntosh? Larry Foote? OLB: Brian Orakpo. Thats a pretty good front seven...

Allen said on 980 yesterday that IF we switch to the 3-4 McIntosh would be an ILB.

If we're going to do the 3-4 in earnest, this is a good start.

He's not the answer, obviously. But it's a foot in the right direction.

Yet, I'm secretly holding out hope that Montgomery turns it around and becomes a NT... maybe he will if he's motivated?

I would be interested in knowing your logic. Why is Kemoeatu NOT the answer and why "OBVIOUSLY". He has typical nose tackle weight at 345 and he has enough experience now that he is a veteran pro who can take advantage of all the tricks he has learned through the years and yet, he is young enough that he could be signed to a 3-4 year contract and play until age 34-35.

Why is he "OBVIOUSLY" not the answer, in your opinion.

Allen said on 980 yesterday that IF we switch to the 3-4 McIntosh would be an ILB.

I'm starting to believe that McIn might not be around for long. I THINK the trade winds might start blowing. What do I know though.:)

So if we sign Foote, Rocky goes to the bench? Not a fan of that at all.

Me neither I don't like that to much, butttttttttttt Foote played OLB with the Lions right? Ernie Sims is their MLB. So maybe he can switch to OLB and we would have Rocky ILB and Foote taking the OLB. That leaves Andre Carter where the hell is he going to go?

I brought this up a few days ago. I think this would be a great move for the D.

Missed it or I would've commended you for a great idea! :cheers:

I very much like this move if we can do it.

As for Haynesworth, as one poster said, he is the type of defensive linemen who could play any position on that line.

Could you imagine Haynesworth taking on two linemen with Orakpo running in right behind him? Manning, McNabb, and Romo sits to pee sure don't want to.

Rocky may end up going a bit further than to the bench' date=' imo.

I will be amazed if we only have 5 picks come draft day.[/quote']

yeh someone will be traded for a pick or two. rocky, carlos, carter, or one of our safties would be my guess

I would be interested in knowing your logic. Why is Kemoeatu NOT the answer and why "OBVIOUSLY". He has typical nose tackle weight at 345 and he has enough experience now that he is a veteran pro who can take advantage of all the tricks he has learned through the years and yet, he is young enough that he could be signed to a 3-4 year contract and play until age 34-35.

Why is he "OBVIOUSLY" not the answer, in your opinion.

Try pronouncing his name three times fast.

You can't.

Case closed.

Archived