Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per 106.7 Griffin Cut

SIXX99

I don't know that cutting Griffin means we'll get Peppers necessarily, but it does look like we must be honed in on somebody.

Not sure that means anything. If they are locked in on another DL in FA, cutting a current DL hours before the FA period begins seems to go against the idea of not giving away their strategy.

Cutting Griffin is probably still going to be a $2 mil cap hit, even by releasing him now. Was he maybe due a roster bonus if still on the team March 5th?

Not sure that means anything. If they are locked in on another DL in FA, cutting a current DL hours before the FA period begins seems to go against the idea of not giving away their strategy.

Cutting Griffin is probably still going to be a $2 mil cap hit, even by releasing him now. Was he maybe due a roster bonus if still on the team March 5th?

Uncapped year, Griffin is pretty old and past his prime (though still good, he's on the decline.)

This would be the time if there ever was the time.

I don't know Chicago has no 1st or 2nd round pick and rotoworld has reports that Chicago will not let anybody outbid them.

Unless peppers doesnt want to go to chicago. remember haynesworth was offered more money by the bucs than we were offering and he chose us... i also seem to remember peppers saying he wanted to play in a 3-4, and chicago runs a 4-3

Big Griff was the type of guy I hope the new regime looks for when trying to land free agents. Good talent for a reasonable price. 22 Griffs = Championship.

Thanks for your hard work big guy, and good luck in your future endeavors!

Archived