Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Super Bowl GameDay Thread

ACW

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

This is the 3rd straight year one a lady from Idol sings the National Anthem :mad:

Honestly, I know that looks are a part of that success but some of these girls are actually decent singers. I mean, imagine some person slaving away, maybe listening to Big Daddy Kane's "How to Get a Record Deal" and trying but failing but they HAVE talent. Well, now there is an outlet where they can shoot up near the top where they belong (at least vocally, maybe they have no writing or producing talent.)

I wonder if Anita baker sang any National anthems, I'm sure she must have.

Honestly, I know that looks are a part of that success but some of these girls are actually decent singers. I mean, imagine some person slaving away, maybe listening to Big Daddy Kane's "How to Get a Record Deal" and trying but failing but they HAVE talent. Well, now there is an outlet where they can shoot up near the top where they belong (at least vocally, maybe they have no writing or producing talent.)

I wonder if Anita baker sang any National anthems, I'm sure she must have.

Yeah, but how many HAVE talent but actually have to WORK instead of getting on Idol?

Yeah, but how many HAVE talent but actually have to WORK instead of getting on Idol?

Well, whose fault is it that they don't try out? I mean, by that standard there are a ton of writers, possible actors, etc who aren't doing what they have a gift for but work at other jobs. I'm just saying, it's not like these people don't have vocal ability. Whether they are #1 when they win, is another matter but they are in an elite, discounting specialized vocal performers like opera singers.

Archived