Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Local Carpet Cleaning Companies

swisha

I am looking for a carpet cleaning company. The most important is they will do a good job cleaning my carpet. I am willing to pay a little extra for good service.

I did some research and the only company with any review I can find is Stanley Steemer but they have mixed reviews.

Anyone has any company they have used before and would recommend?

Used Stanley Steamer once and only once..they did a horrible job.when it came time to do the carpets again..i went up to my local GIANT and rented the steamers they have. It came out much cleaner than Stanley Steamers did. Only thing i you have to buy the cleaners they have at Giant..but the smaller bottles did our living room, hallway and the hallway upstairs, plus 2 bedrooms, they are like 22$ per day

My brother bought one of those biesel power carpet cleaners. Thing is amazing. I use it every couple of months to clean my carpets and they look brand new. I have a dog that loves to sometimes throw up inside ... why and how often sometimes baffles me haha.

Maybe if the problem isn't huge it would be a worthwhile investment. It is very simple to use.

Don't make any decisions until I speak with my brother. He may be able to do it. We own our own machines. Without getting too in depth. Steamers saturate your capets and padding with water. This will cause molding in the flooring and the carpet to shrink. The dry foam method won't saturate below the nap thus preserving your carpets.

Based on rooms and square footage and such he won't charge too much.

Don't make any decisions until I speak with my brother. He may be able to do it. We own our own machines. Without getting too in depth. Steamers saturate your capets and padding with water. This will cause molding in the flooring and the carpet to shrink. The dry foam method won't saturate below the nap thus preserving your carpets.

Although it annoys me when people do this....THIS.

Steamers saturate your capets and padding with water. This will cause molding in the flooring and the carpet to shrink. The dry foam method won't saturate below the nap thus preserving your carpets.

i'm sorry, but that is bogus.

the only way that happens is if you turn the vacuums off and dont extract any liquid you are putting down.

i cleaned carpets for 11 years. i worked for chem dry for a year and said the same thing you did. then i bought a spitfire truck mount machine because i got a bunch or restaurants and chem dry wont work on restaurant grease. i even still use a portable dual vac machine from time to time.

never have i once gotten the padding wet and shrunk a carpet.

the only way that happens is if you turn the vacuums off and dont extract any liquid you are putting down.

i cleaned carpets for 11 years. i worked for chem dry for a year and said the same thing you did. then i bought a spitfire truck mount machine because i got a bunch or restaurants and chem dry wont work on restaurant grease. i even still use a portable dual vac machine from time to time.

so do u clean carpets, i live out in gaithersburg. I might be interested depending on what you charge. Let me know, thanks

Can he remove paint from the carpet?

Can he remove paint from the carpet?

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf991362.tip.html

i've pretty much tried all of the tips on that site. they all work, more or less. of course, it depends on what kind of paint and how much you are talking about. like, a gallon? or a few small spots? a surface paint spot is obviously much easier to deal with than a concentrated glob of paint thats dried down to the carpet backing.

if you try any of those suggestions, it would be good to clean the spot with an extractor (like a bissel or spot-bot type thing) if you have one to remove the solvent residue.

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf991362.tip.html

i've pretty much tried all of the tips on that site. they all work, more or less. of course, it depends on what kind of paint and how much you are talking about. like, a gallon? or a few small spots? a surface paint spot is obviously much easier to deal with than a concentrated glob of paint thats dried down to the carpet backing.

if you try any of those suggestions, it would be good to clean the spot with an extractor (like a bissel or spot-bot type thing) if you have one to remove the solvent residue.

Thanks. I have been able to get the surface paint spots out with goof off and water. But there are some small concentrated glob of paint that won't come out.

I'm gonna try the nail polish remover and then rent the rug cleaner from Giant.

We had multiple coffee stains on our carpeting. We used Chem Dry and it worked great. I thought the stains were permanent; but he got them out.

Previously, we used the wet vac method, and we always ended with a wet carpet, and not very clean carpeting. And we used multiple companies.

We had multiple coffee stains on our carpeting. We used Chem Dry and it worked great. I thought the stains were permanent; but he got them out.

Previously, we used the wet vac method, and we always ended with a wet carpet, and not very clean carpeting. And we used multiple companies.

i was impressed with chem dry when i worked there. its a good method to use for things like you describe, and it does dry quickly. its not always effective on bad traffic lanes, or if you have pet odors (since, while chem dry franchises all have extractors, they dont use them for things like that- or didnt, when i worked there.) most people would prefer that pet urine gets extracted and rinsed out of your carpet. chem dry pre sprays your carpet with a carbonated solution, then buffs it with a big, cotton pad. they dont actually suck anything out. so, its good if your carpets are newer with a few spots.

i can clean my carpets in the afternoon and sit on them by that night without being wet. the problem is when you get a kid making a commission % and wanting to get in and out and on to the next job. they may make it look good at the time, but if they dont take their time and do it right, it could take longer to dry and you could get reappearing spots. if that happens, you call them back and they have to fix it free- they dont get paid for it either, so most people try to get it right the first time.

i used to do most of the applebees and bob evans in the metro area and a few ihops too. you cant clean restaurant grease with chem dry, although they were talking abot getting new 'roto vac' machines which combine th spinning of a buffer with a mechanism to put down and extract solution. some steam cleaners use this machine. still, degreasers and hot water extraction are necessary for that heavy duty kind of cleaning.

Archived