Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Senior Bowl thread

redskins021

Nice! I'm glad to hear that. I just wonder if he'd fit in the ZBS. Like I said before he'll be there in the 2nd.

He is not worth a 2nd round pick. I've watched him alot. He just isnt athletic enough to play LT in the NFL. Maybe solid at RT but that isnt worth a 2nd. Even in a Zone Blocking scheme which requires smaller, athletic, and pulling linemen.

With that said, I would take him in the 4th because he is a solid player, but not an elite or top LT prospect.

Also he is durable, really good character and leader by all accounts.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/558582

Projected round 4-5

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010OT.php

Projected round 4-5

Judge for yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6NbvLjtwMs

He is not worth a 2nd round pick. I've watched him alot. He just isnt athletic enough to play LT in the NFL. Maybe solid at RT but that isnt worth a 2nd. Even in a Zone Blocking scheme which requires smaller, athletic, and pulling linemen.

With that said, I would take him in the 4th because he is a solid player, but not an elite or top LT prospect.

Also he is durable, really good character and leader by all accounts.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/558582

Projected round 4-5

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010OT.php

Projected round 4-5

Judge for yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6NbvLjtwMs

Everything you posted is stuff before the Senior bowl he is currently proving himself to be better than that grade and its against better competition. The scouts at the practices are saying he is the best tackle on the South Squad he was handling the speed rushers and the bull-rushers also.

LSU Tackle Impresses

In my eyes, the best left tackle in Mobile has been Ciron Black of LSU. He went 3-1 in pass rush drills and can handle speed nicely. Also, John Jerry of Ole Miss can play guard and right tackle. Very impressive.

Everything you posted is stuff before the Senior bowl he is currently proving himself to be better than that grade and its against better competition. The scouts at the practices are saying he is the best tackle on the South Squad he was handling the speed rushers and the bull-rushers also.

LSU Tackle Impresses

In my eyes, the best left tackle in Mobile has been Ciron Black of LSU. He went 3-1 in pass rush drills and can handle speed nicely. Also, John Jerry of Ole Miss can play guard and right tackle. Very impressive.

Exactly who is he competing with in Mobile.

O yeah, no one. None of the top Tackle prospects are they. Nor top Defense end prospects

One more thing. The film doesn't lie. As a scout, if you feel he isn't athletic enough to be a LT, 1 week vs ok competition isnt gonna really change that. I'm not saying he can't play, because he can. He can do a lot of things, just not as a LT.

Thus IMO and more importantly scouts opinon he is a mid round prospect. Not worth a top round selection.

Of the quarterbacks, the South squad has dominated the North squad in performance. Jarrett Brown had an impressive day today, showing that he is willing to take coaching seriously and made some nice adjustments from yesterday to today. Zac Robinson had another good day as well. Both Robinson and Brown have displayed much stronger arms than anyone on the North squad as well.

Joique Bell did a very nice job today running the football. This week is huge for him given the level of competition he has played throughout his career.

I always liked Robinson but was dissappointed by his senior season.

I like his athleticism and was a little surprised by his arm strength.

(imo is like a poor man's Colt McCoy)

Although he has a much cleaner release then Tebow, i thought his wind up was bigger then i remember and not as quick as i remember in games.

But then again all the QBs releases seem slower then what i remember in games.

Maybe because they're thinking and not quite going full speed?

I was a fan of Brown coming into the draft i really like his form and release almost textbook and his arm strength might be the best in the bunch.

But he only has 1 season of playing time in college.

I really, really like the RB Staffon Johnson from USC. He has good size, good speed, good hand, and even good pass blocking skills. This is the guy who cut his vocal cords and almost died from a weight lifting accident during the season. This guy is gona be a baller, and you know he's not gona waste this opportunity after having a near death experience like that. Because of this injury, he'll probably drop to the 3rd or 4th round. Keep an eye on this guy. A lot of heart and determination, i think he could be a GREAT addition to any team in the league

I like the comments on Capers and Iupati. Capers could project out as a solid RT. Iupati might be the best Guard in the draft

From what I saw, Iupati got ****ed up today. Which, in a backwards way, helps us, because the more his stock drops (or stops rising, at this point), the better shot we have at him in the 2nd.

Looks like the skins are very intrested in Syd'Quan Thompson

University of California cornerback Syd'Quan Thompson is a four-year starter who

is drawing some serious interest from the Redskins. A team representative spent nearly ten minutes with Thompson following the North Team's practice on Monday.

http://was.scout.com/2/941083.html

Thats strange considering he is projected as a 2nd rd pick. Looks to be a good player but is also very similar to Tryon in terms of size and I would definitley give Tryon and Barnes atleast another year to develop before even considering spending a pick on a CB before rd 5.

On another note, not sure if you guys saw the clip of Haslett speaking with Harbaugh on the sideline of practice today. I wonder what coaches we have down there. The fact that Haslett is there makes me curious as to how much emphasis will be placed on defense in this draft.

Thats strange considering he is projected as a 2nd rd pick. Looks to be a good player but is also very similar to Tryon in terms of size and I would definitley give Tryon and Barnes atleast another year to develop before even considering spending a pick on a CB before rd 5.

On another note, not sure if you guys saw the clip of Haslett speaking with Harbaugh on the sideline of practice today. I wonder what coaches we have down there. The fact that Haslett is there makes me curious as to how much emphasis will be placed on defense in this draft.

This is a pretty deep class at Corner. Not alot of great prospects besides Hayden, but there are a lot of real good ones. I think Thompson will prob slip to late 3rd or 4th.

i like thompson - mayock was raving about how he is the most physical cornerback he has seen EVER, but he lacks deep speed, he is a tackling machine though

Yea. Thats not a great combination. Short and Slow. Obviously he isnt slow slow, but he doesn't run a 4.3 or either. He is physical and a great tackler, but his height is a huge disavantage. If he was 6 foot 200lbs and played the same way he would be a 1st round lock.

Looks like the skins are very intrested in Syd'Quan Thompson

University of California cornerback Syd'Quan Thompson is a four-year starter who

is drawing some serious interest from the Redskins. A team representative spent nearly ten minutes with Thompson following the North Team's practice on Monday.

http://was.scout.com/2/941083.html

Not a fan of Syd'Quan Thompson. He looks like he'll get beat a lot. I do like that he's a very physical corner that's good at press coverage.

i like thompson - mayock was raving about how he is the most physical cornerback he has seen EVER, but he lacks deep speed, he is a tackling machine though

He could project as a Cover2-only or a hybrid corner/safety (just straight up DB) kinda guy. He doesn't have the ideal size you'd like in a safety, but he certainly has the aggressiveness. Not sure how much I'd like him lined up against NFCE receivers though, even though he did match up with some speedy receivers at Cal.

Just did a little more reading on him, and he actually played running back his whole highschool career, then went to Cal and became a 4-year starter at corner. That's some straight up athleticism there.

some of his updates...

• Lots of teams have questions about Taylor Mays ability to play in the deep half. He's late off the hash too much. No anticipation. about 5 hours ago from UberTwitter

• Javier Arenas is a feisty, competetive nickel type but deep speed is a ? about 5 hours ago from UberTwitter
  • Terrance Cody flashed some inside push as a rusher. Better OL jump set him early b/c he has no plan B. about 5 hours ago from UberTwitter
  • McCluster is dynamic. None of the South CBs could get a hand on him off the line. Like him better as a slot WR than a RB. about 5 hours ago from UberTwitter
  • Lamarr Houston and Dan Williams both flashed in 1-1s. Houston with quicks and Williams with power. Williams is climbing fast. about 5 hours ago from UberTwitter
  • Big day for FL WR Riley Cooper. He is much more fluid than I originally thought. He's making a rise similar to Jordy Nelson a few yrs ago about 5 hours ago from UberTwitter
  • Tebow threw it okay when he had a lot of room. However, when bodies close in, he can't get the ball out. Motion is WAY too long. about 5 hours ago from UberTwitter
  • Its always good to let the week play itself out but through 1 practice, I would say Idaho OG Mike Iupati was best in show. about 22 hours ago from UberTwitter
  • By the way, they must have a heck of a workout program at Oxford because Myron Rolle was the most impressive physique BY FAR about 22 hours ago from UberTwitter
  • ]Clemson WR Jacoby Ford fought the ball in individual drills but rebounded in 1-1 and team. His speed will entice some people. about 22 hours ago from UberTwitter
  • I was told that Cody played much better than he looked at the weigh-in. He was a VERY sloppy 370 lbs. about 22 hours ago from UberTwitter
  • Didn't see the South practice (same time as north) but was told by several scouts that Tebow struggled. Ball came out late and loose. about 22 hours ago from UberTwitter
  • More bad than good from Cincinnati QB Tony Pike... Long motion, lean body and lazy footwork. about 22 hours ago from UberTwitter
  • Top 2 CBs for the North were Rutgers McCorty and Boise St Kyle Wilson. Both showed burst and ball skills. about 22 hours ago from UberTwitter
  • Michigan DE Brandon Graham was the best edge rusher for the North team. Heavy hands, quick feet led to great 1-1 pass rush session about 22 hours
  • Idaho OG Mike Iupati and Penn St DE Jared Odrick had several good battles today. Both probably go in late 1st. about 22 hours ago from UberTwitter
  • I will post some practice updates later tonight. Good day for Rutgers CB, Michigan DE and Idaho OG.

http://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks

Anybody know anything about DE Koa Misi-

Seems the Skins are looking at him.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/reports/Observations/Tuesday.php

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=70994&draftyear=2010&genpos=OLB

You can't copy and paste from there, but basically he was a DE at Utah, but after playing at 263 or so, he came to weigh ins at the Senior Bowl trimmed down to 243 and looking to play OLB. Looked pretty fluid in coverage, especially for a DE converting to the position.

He was All Mountain West Conference this past year at DE, posting 65 tackles, 4.5 sacks, and 3 FFs.

If it's one thing the Redskins need, it's a Samoan.

Cox from oklahoma state 6 feet and did pretty good the 1st day in practice for corner.

Also vladimer d. From umass! He's really putting on a show and there comapring him to clady who came out of boise state.he could be put anywhere on the ends either rt or lt

Now I wonder what round would be go?

] MoveTheSticks

The South OL group is one of the worst in years. Ole Miss OT Jerry is the best of the worst. None of these guys are better than 5th rd types 2 minutes ago from UberTwitter

MoveTheSticks

Umass OT Duccasse is a true definition of a developmental project. Huge upside but his head is spinning. Very athletic, interesting guy. 4 minutes ago from UberTwitter

Admittedly I've never seen him play and I don't know where he's projectd but I'm in love with FSU S Myron Rolle. Nothing says work ethic like a 4.0 GPA and still showing up and a physical specimen a year removed from football.
I've met Rolle a couple times. Extremely nice guy.

Whatever team he gets drafted to, he'll probably be the smartest guy in the locker room.

Check out this story on him:

http://www.usnews.com/articles/education/2009/11/23/myron-rolles-unlikely-path-to-oxford.html

But the biggest news was yet to come. After the football season, Rolle, a potential first-round NFL draft pick, made the unlikely decision to delay his draft entry for one season and take advantage of the Rhodes Scholarship. After graduating with a bachelor's degree in exercise science in 2½ years and earning a master's degree in public administration, Rolle chose to pursue his second master's—this one in medical anthropology, a yearlong program that analyzes the social aspects of medicine. Rolle says the degree will help him once he enters the medical field—he wants to be a neurosurgeon—after his football career ends. He is one of 32 American students studying as Rhodes scholars at England's esteemed University of Oxford this fall.

"One of the [Rhodes Scholarship] interviewers asked me what I'm passionate about, and I said bringing good, quality healthcare to underserved people," Rolle said in June. "[The year at Oxford] will behoove me when I pursue my career in healthcare. I will be looking at cultures and how medicine interacts with them. One of the things I've found in talking with doctors is, when they do Doctors Without Borders and try to deliver healthcare, there's a barrier. I don't want to be that way."

One of the major factors in Rolle's Rhodes selection was his desire to work with the community. His weeklong overnight camp, the Myron Rolle Wellness and Leadership Academy at Camp Blanding in Starke, Fla., took place over the summer. The camp, which Rolle created with Florida Secretary of Children and Families George Shelton, taught 100 foster kids from Florida about physical fitness and leadership. Each child had a personal mentor.

Rolle had plenty of chances to affect the community while at Florida State, too. While studying as an undergrad, Rolle received a $4,000 grant for cancer-related research. And in conjunction with the university, he started a health and fitness education program for Seminole Tribe children in Okeechobee, Fla. It's because of those character-boosting experiences that Rolle's agent, Leigh Steinberg, believes Rolle's NFL future is bright, even with the year off to study at Oxford. Steinberg says NFL owners and general managers will fall in love with Rolle despite his absence from the major scouting events leading up to the 2010 draft.

The guy is truly amazing on a personal and scholarly level.

As for his NFL future, I think he'll be a 4th or 5th round pick. He's obviously extremely intelligent and shouldn't have any problem picking up an NFL playbook. He played rover at FSU, so he wasn't playing deep coverage very often and was mostly playing near the box against the run and covering TEs or RBs on shallow routes.

I don't think he'll be able to play man coverage all that well, or deep zone, but I think he can be a very solid 3rd safety in a rotation for a team that uses him primarily in the box.

mayock says he is a lock for the second round...i dont think were gunna get mccluster in the 4th...and i dont want to use our 2nd on him thats too early....and jeff byers needs to play guard on our team next year, grab him in the 4th or 5th

I absolutely agree on Byers. He is highly underrated and, due to previous injuries (he's been healthy for 2 years) and size questions (well...he's already gone from 285 to 299), he will go outside the first 2 rounds. Furthermore, he has the potential to also play center.

Archived