Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Senior Bowl thread

redskins021

And who are you again?

Are you a scout?

This guy will never make it?

You can see the future?

Why don't you just tell us all the people that are gonna make it and save us all the trouble?

Like i said before he's a raw developmental QB.

Meaning he has things to work on before he'll reach the NFL level.

Very few of the spread QBs can read a defense that's one of the knocks against all the spread QBs.

Its funny how fans throw around labels like can't read a defense get throw around these days. Despite QB X's stats he can't read a defense.

If you actually read my post i'm talking about Brown based on his potential. He has argueable the best throwing motion and the best arm at the senior bowl but he's raw because he's played in a spread and only gad 1 year as a fulltime starter.

If you don't see the upside that's fine, but please spare the psuedo scout nonsense.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/column.aspx?sport=NFL&columnid=203&articleid=34654&pg=2

Quarterbacks – West Virginia's Jarrett Brown has put on a show this week. His quick release reminds me a lot of Philadelphia Eagles' quarterback Michael Vick's. He snaps the ball in his delivery with terrific velocity and a tight spiral. While he may need some development to become capable of starting in the NFL, Brown certainly has the talent needed to do so. You could definitely argue that Brown is a better pocket passer than his former teammate Pat White was when he entered the draft last year. With team's becoming more athletic in the NFL, Brown should find a home in the middle of the draft.

In a word, "C H I L L". Read the very last word I posted it was. JMO.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Senior-Bowl-North-practice-notes.html

MOBILE, Ala. — News, notes and observations from day one at the 2010 Senior Bowl.

Size doesn’t matter

I was a bit alarmed when Boston College center Matt Tennant tipped the scales at only 290 pounds at Monday morning’s weigh-in. But after watching him in practice later, he quickly made it clear he can anchor inside. Tennant is a flexible, technically sound kid who’s consistently able to get his hands under defenders on contact, sit into his stance and win as the low man. He’s a real Velcro player once he gets his hands on a defender and was one of the few offensive linemen to hold up inside.

Size does matter

AP

Idaho OG Mike Iupati (right, No. 77) helps clear a lane.

Idaho offensive guard Mike Iupati’s combination of length, power and athleticism makes him nearly impossible to disengage from once he gets his hands on you. He does a great job extending those 35-inch arms, sliding his feet through contact and staying on blocks in space. If there is a knock on Iupati, it’s that he still looks a bit sluggish off the snap when asked to get out of a three-point stance and will allow explosive defensive tackles to get under his frame. However, he’s simply too good an athlete not to improve quickly in that area. He just needs a little time to get used to playing with his hand on the ground.

Up to the task

If there was one guy who was able to keep pace with Ford down the field it was Boise State cornerback Kyle Wilson. Wilson was brilliant, showcasing impressive fluidity when asked to turn and run, good patience and balance in his drop and was impressive any time he was asked to change directions and close on the ball. He was the one player who stood out at practice in the defensive secondary and has the type of athleticism and footwork needed to grade out as a potential starting-caliber corner early in his career.

These 3 players have really lit it up at the Senior Bowl. I don't think we have a shot at Iupati as he is slated on many draft boards to go in the late 1st round but would be very happy if we can land Tennant from BC as our C.

In a word, "C H I L L". Read the very last word I posted it was. JMO.

No worries mate, but just because you put JMO after a statement doesn't mean a whole lot when you make this statement:

Let me tell you 1st hand the guy will never make it as an NFL QB.......JMO.

This imo is the definition of non sequitur

• Today West Virginia’s Jarrett Brown had the best performance by a quarterback that I’ve seen so far this week. That isn’t necessarily saying a whole lot though… Once again Brown showcased his strong arm and while he tends to make his receivers work for the catch he was solid in 7-on-7’s. Brown also displayed nice touch and accuracy on a fade round. Brown is still raw but he should be a nice mid-round pick for someone as a developmental signal caller.

He has impressed some at the senior bowl-

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/reports/Practices/South-127.php

01/28/2010 - SENIOR BOWL RISER: QB Jarrett Brown, West Virginia: For all of the hype that Tim Tebow received this week, Brown was consistently the South's best quarterback. He had only one season as the starter after serving behind Pat White, but has the arm-strength and accuracy worthy of development. - Rob Rang, The Sports Xchange, NFLDraftScout.com

01/27/2010 - Senior Bowl, Tuesday: With all of the talk about Tebow, some people may not have noticed that the ball flat-out jumps off the hand of West Virginia quarterback Jarrett Brown. His accuracy was not deadly, but he gave tight ends running down the seams and receivers on the sideline every opportunity to make a play. Brown is still working on getting the ball from under center and is stiff in his drop. His solid arm and ability as a runner, however, bodes well for his future as a playmaker at the next level. - Rob Rang and Chad Reuter, The Sports Xchange, NFLDraftScout.com

http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:S7ufMqzwccMJ:www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/566425+Jarrett+Brown&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Scout.com: Senior Bowl Q&A: QB Jarrett Brown

By Ed Thompson

Scout.com Senior NFL Analyst

Posted Jan 29, 2010

| More

While Florida's Tim Tebow had the majority of the media huddled around him at the end of Wednesday's South Team practice, Scout.com's Ed Thompson focused his attention on the quarterback who was delivering the best results on the field during the practice sessions--West Virginia's Jarrett Brown.

Ed Thompson: Jarrett, I've been very impressed by your pocket presence this week.

Jarrett Brown: I've always had a knack for it. I was always a pure passer. Some people think I've always been a running quarterback, but I didn't get my speed until I got to college. I feel comfortable under the center and dropping back and just sitting in the pocket.

Thompson: You putting some zip on your passes and you look like you're getting your timing down with this all-star cast of receivers.

Brown: Yeah, you know that first day, my head was kind of spinning a bit. But now I'm getting to know the plays inside out and getting great anticipation on the routes. So I'm able to throw a nicer and more relaxed ball.

Thompson: As you're meeting with these NFL teams, what is it that you want them to know about you as a person?

Brown: I really just want them to know who I am, just the real me, Jarrett Brown.

Thompson: Tell me about your family and the role they've played in helping you get here today.

Brown: My family is everything, I wouldn't be here without my family. I'm the youngest in the family. I grew up in West Palm Beach and had all these great guys who pointed me in the right direction. I just didn't want to fail them.

Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images

Thompson: I know that all the fans and the media are going nuts over Tim Tebow, but you've been the best quarterback out here so far this week. I like your poise, the energy level you're bringing to your team, and your execution.

Brown: Thank you.

Thompson: Talk a bit about working with Pat White until he moved on to the Miami Dolphins last year. Have you talked to him at all about what you'll be experiencing in the coming months?

Brown: I haven't talked to him about the Senior Bowl, but I have talked to him about his experience with the Dolphins organization. This is a great coaching staff. They kind of remind me of the West Virginia staff. They are great people, the kind of people I want to work with. Pat came back to school and started showing me some things. And sure enough, the coach here said something to me about one of those things, so it was great that Pat had already told me.

Thompson: I know you've met with plenty of NFL teams, but who are just a few of the ones you've talked to so far? I'm sure the fans back in West Virginia would like to hear about that.

Brown: Mostly all of them. I really appreciate the support from

my sleeper isn't even based on the Senior Bowl

........... Roy Upchurch

610x.jpg

(Late Round Sleeper)

From the Senior Bowl:

http://www.newerascouting.com/01/201...-south-report/

-Roy Upchurch (Alabama) is a relative unknown because of depth chart concerns at Alabama, but he showed ability today. He consistently caught the ball out of the backfield, including a wheel route to the corner of the end zone where he made the catch of the day while getting two feet down before exiting the back of the end zone.

The sleeper running back that I have been hyping through the process is Pat Paschall. He is not playing in the Senior Bowl, but played well as a last second replacement in the East-West Bowl. The thing about Pat is that he reminds me of the type of back that Portis was when he was drafted out of Miami. He is a smaller back weighing in at 206, but is a tough runner that has no problem going between the tackles. He has excellent vision and is quick. My favorite part of his game is his pass pro as he takes great pride in it and it shows.

Tbufca7znJ4

I have met Pat Paschall - living here in Fargo, ND.

The guy is a very talented runner. His agility is ridiculous... that would be crazy if we drafted him.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Senior-Bowl-North-practice-notes.html

MOBILE, Ala. — News, notes and observations from day one at the 2010 Senior Bowl.

Size doesn’t matter

Good picks RJ ... Iaupati could play all 3 positions ... I would take him at @4 ...he is best OLineman on Board. If they take him and Tennant ... Oline is fixed and Campbell has no excuses.

Good picks RJ ... Iaupati could play all 3 positions ... I would take him at @4 ...he is best OLineman on Board. If they take him and Tennant ... Oline is fixed and Campbell has no excuses.

Wow i think we kinda agree on something GP99.

Iaupati would be a nice pick-up, and we could probably trade down and still get him; if was our target.

Archived