Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Carter?

MTechnik

I'm not opposed to it if we are blowing up the team. The guys thirty, but still very solid and got 11 sacks last year. Double digit sack guys are rare.

If someone offered a premium for him and he agreed to go (because he has that no go clause), I'd consider it. I wouldn't do it for less than a second or high third.

Yes,trade Carter! I agree with the OP,If you can get a 6th rounder for Carter trade him.ES fans always overate these"One year players" AC=Bruce Smith here in DC.He will have a bad season,fans will blame the 3-4 transition.

What will be the point of holding on to AC?

Yes,trade Carter! I agree with the OP,If you can get a 6th rounder for Carter trade him.ES fans always overate these"One year players" AC=Bruce Smith here in DC.He will have a bad season,fans will blame the 3-4 transition.

Sith round picks RARELY pan out into even backups. We have had SOME success, but nothing to be excited about.

We still need quality players on the roster. Carter isn't going to be a complete wash in a 3-4. There is going to be a transition period for the entire defense. We still have to field a quality roster.

I would say anything less than a 3rd, maybe 4th, would be crazy.

Carter can still pass rush. By all accounts, there will be a transtion to the 3-4 that will include utilizing the 4-3 a bunch. Carter can do both.

AC=Bruce Smith here in DC.

AC definitely is NOT Bruce Smith in DC, AC has been a much better player during his Redskin career. The point of holding on to him is at least to have depth at the position, be is RDE or ROLB. Either way, the guy knows how to play it and can give a breather at least.

No friggin way we consider trading Carter unless someone completely blows us away off with a trade offer which isn't likely given his age and what our asking price should be.

#99 is one of the best Redskins we have on this roster, he is in ridiculous shape every season, busts his ass on every play and is a fantastic role model for younger guys on this defense not only on the field but off.

Eff to the idea of trading him, let this man retire a Redskin, I am sure Shanny can find a 2010 roster spot for a guy who is coming off what should have been a Pro Bowl season. This would be like trading London because he is "undersized" for a 3-4 MLB.

I don't understand some of you people. For a trade to occur there must be mutual interest. Just because we say we want to trade someone doesn't make it so. Seriously...how do some of you breathe without offing yourselves?

And for a discussion board to exist, there must be a topic of interest. If you step down from your high horse, you will realize that there are inherent understandings when anything is discussed. First being that none of us know more about the team and football than the people in the front office. The second being that nothing we say has any value as to how the team will actually operate (at least we should hope so).

Sharing possible trade ideas makes for good conversation as to different approaches the team may want to take going forward. Obviously it takes two for a trade to happen, that goes without saying.

AC definitely is NOT Bruce Smith in DC, AC has been a much better player during his Redskin career. The point of holding on to him is at least to have depth at the position, be is RDE or ROLB. Either way, the guy knows how to play it and can give a breather at least.

Okay, you tell me the major difference

Bruce Smith 2000-55 tkl(46 solo),2 pd,10 sacks,5 ff

Andre Carter 2009-48 tkl(14 ast),4 pd,11 sacks,3 ff

I like #99... but he doesn't like the 3-4, it's why he left San Fran. We can "make do" with chris wilson and brian orakpo at outside linebacker (if we're transitioning to a 3-4). He has had a great year with double digit sacks, his trade value won't get much better. (He's also 30.)

We should trade him while we can get good value for him. Thinking something around what we paid for taylor. With the extra value in o-linemen, we could use an extra second round pick.

Unfortunaltey were the only team dumb enough to give up a 2nd round pick for a guy that's over 30. To our credit he (taylor) is a future hall of famer. It seems like most of you forget that this is the NFL. Trades rarely happen. And when they do the team moving a player gets hosed. Unless it's the pats dealing to the raiders.

Either way your trade proposal is terrible. Carter wouldn't sniff a 4th round pick let alone a 2nd.

Statistically, they have benn similar. Heck, even the contract. But the Redskins signed Smith when he was 36. Carter was 27?

Unfortunaltey were the only team dumb enough to give up a 2nd round pick for a guy that's over 30. To our credit he (taylor) is a future hall of famer. It seems like most of you forget that this is the NFL. Trades rarely happen. And when they do the team moving a player gets hosed. Unless it's the pats dealing to the raiders.

Either way your trade proposal is terrible. Carter wouldn't sniff a 4th round pick let alone a 2nd.

Uh, the Raiders gave up a first round for Richard Seymour, so...

Sith round picks RARELY pan out into even backups. We have had SOME success, but nothing to be excited about.

We still need quality players on the roster. Carter isn't going to be a complete wash in a 3-4. There is going to be a transition period for the entire defense. We still have to field a quality roster.

I would say anything less than a 3rd, maybe 4th, would be crazy.

Carter can still pass rush. By all accounts, there will be a transtion to the 3-4 that will include utilizing the 4-3 a bunch. Carter can do both.

I Understand your point of veiw,but i feel for some of you fans ,I really do.I will Bet that some fans don't even know we have guys on our roster now, that can rush better, or just as good ,as Carter.AC is a decent player,but in no way is he a elite DE in the NFL.I was hoping that the fans learned from the PD bandwagon this season,but they didn't.Carter had 11 sacks,really 9,if you take away the two sacks he got from touching the qb on his back while the qb was recovering a fumble on a bad snap.Do people realize we had the worst offense in the NFl?We set nfl records.My point is the defense was allways on the feild constantly.Giving Players alot of opportunity to increase their stats.

Imagine if Tuck,Allen,Ware,Freeney'all had this offense.

Shows you how talented Bruce Smith actually was, even at the end of his career and completely drowned in booze he put up numbers.

I am really hesitant about this whole 3-4 thing. For years, we have brought in personnel like Andre Carter, Albert Haynesworth, London Fletcher who were more successful in a 4-3 alignment and built a pretty good defense. We drafted Rocky McIntosh and Brian Orakpo presumably to play in that scheme as well. Most of us want to see Orakpo's hand in the dirt (DE) more which may not be possible in a 3-4. It is also likely Carter would want to be traded rather than play OLB where he had limited success in SF. Big Al would be a natural NT but I am sure would virtually refuse to play that position. Fletcher is a natural MLB and one of the best and who knows what would happen to Rocky. To me, our present defense with improvements at strong side LB and FS could be very good next year. Why start over again when we have so many needs on the offensive side of the ball?

Statistically, they have benn similar. Heck, even the contract. But the Redskins signed Smith when he was 36. Carter was 27?

Dude,you're arguing my point for me!

If Bruce Smith, at the age 36, is playing like Andre Carter at the age 31.Then Why cant AC be traded then? This isn't a question If AC can play football or not,we all know AC can play some football.It's about what's best for this team. Can we afford for Andre not to have a good season this year? He will be 32 next year,then what? He becomes the New PD? I just don't understand why we are okay with trading Cooley,Okay with Cutting Portis,but Carter, the older, and less productive player,Fans want to hold on to?

Dont get me wrong i understand why we would want to trade Cooley,and Why we would want to dump CP,I dont Agree with it ,but i understand the Logic.What I don't understand is why do fans belive Carter is a MUCH better player than Cooley ?

Dude,you're arguing my point for me!

If Bruce Smith, at the age 36, is playing like Andre Carter at the age 31.Then Why cant AC be traded then? This isn't a question If AC can play football or not,we all know AC can play some football.It's about what's best for this team. Can we afford for Andre not to have a good season this year? He will be 32 next year,then what? He becomes the New PD? I just don't understand why we are okay with trading Cooley,Okay with Cutting Portis,but Carter, the older, and less productive player,Fans want to hold on to?

Dont get me wrong i understand why we would want to trade Cooley,and Why we would want to dump CP,I dont Agree with it ,but i understand the Logic.What I don't understand is why do fans belive Carter is a MUCH better player than Cooley ?

Any team requires more depth at DE than TE. Chris Wilson is a pass rusher but a liability against the run. If we get rid of Carter, that leaves us with Orakpo (who maybe a LB), Jarmon, Wilson, and Daniels?

I'd be for trading Carter if we can get value (ie a viable starter or rotational guy), so a 2nd or 3rd pick would do it for me.

I am in favor of trading Cooley or Davis, whoever we can get more value for. I think it would be Cooley.

If he doesn't fit the scheme then he is pretty much an empty uniform holding up a roster spot. It would be better to trade him for anything at that point. What is worse, having someone playing a position they don't fit in and can't adjust to or bringing in a new guy to train and bring into the system?

Trade him now as he comes off an 11 sack season vs next year when he comes off another 4 sack season.

Archived