Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No CBA? No problem. Who do we target?

Looking For Number Four

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1001/nfl.possible.free.agents/

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1001/nfl.possible.free.agents/content.9.html

How about some BIG DADDY Bobbie Williams?

Who says the draft is the only source of o-line help?

I am also all over Peppers. We have the record for sold out games, sure Allen and SEA have the most money but as a franchise we are tops, sitting at $1.6B. In an uncapped year I'm thinking we can snag at least one big name, no?

For those of you who do not know about the uncapped season:

In a normal off-season, players with four years and no contract become unrestricted free agents. This off-season it becomes six years, which takes Brandon Marshall off the market. It also allows us to sign Campbell for 110% of what he made last year or receive nice draft picks. More importantly, there is not a cap and all of those listed under the top link are free to sign. I'm thinking Snyder goes nuts, just a hunch.

i wouldn't be happy with bobbie williams. its a given shanny will implement a ZBS and he just doesn't fit.

I would love Dansby to come to DC because if the change to 3-4 isn't immediate he can still fit and maybe move Rak to end permanently. People like Wilfork, Peppers, or Seymour would be more luxury than needs, but I wouldn't be surprised if Danny goes after them.

#1 Priority: Eugene Amano

What is very important is that this guy is versatile enough to play either guard or center. We have holes in both areas. Unfortunately, I think that the Titans use one of their 2 franchise tags on this guy. If they don't, however, then we need to get in on that.

#2 Priority: Karlos Dansby

This man is just a beast. He is a guy who is always in the right place at the right time and is a guy who should be going to the Pro Bowl every year. I am usually not up for spending on high-priced free agents, but this guy is worth it.

Karlos Dansby would look so good in Burgandy and Gold, he can play in any linebacker position and if we need to change the system for what ever reason we will be better off, and according to his father he my not be given a new contract at the end of the season

He is a given I think as a current 3/4 backer. We need him and casey hampton to stay competitive.

I have a novel and probably un-popular idea. Use the year to dump these high priced players, build some cap space, spend smartly on good players who fit the mold instead of going nuts and getting this team in cap hell for 2012 or when ever the cap comes back. Fantasy football hasn't worked in the past 10 years for this team, one more year isn't going to "be the one".

I'm sure there are a lot of team who are going to look to dump contracts next year driving down the price of a lot of positions (think housing market/supply/demand). They should be able to pick up good players and sign them to good contracts.

This is exactly what is WRONG with this team.

If there is no cap. You should get your house in order 1st. Get rid of the stupid contracts and overpaid players. Let them take their egos with them.

Next is....how about you do everything you can to HIDE what you're paying guys? I know its not easy. But if you have a no-comment policy and have players coming in sign onto that policy to not comment about their new contracts. Then that might help.

This offseason, I want to bring in a bunch of blue collar OL who don't mind being backups, but one or two could step up if needed.

Same with DB's

I have a novel and probably un-popular idea. Use the year to dump these high priced players, build some cap space, spend smartly on good players who fit the mold instead of going nuts and getting this team in cap hell for 2012 or when ever the cap comes back. Fantasy football hasn't worked in the past 10 years for this team, one more year isn't going to "be the one".

I'm sure there are a lot of team who are going to look to dump contracts next year driving down the price of a lot of positions (think housing market/supply/demand). They should be able to pick up good players and sign them to good contracts.

I'm certainly in favor of that. But if they can get some quality players this year by jacking their salaries up as much as possible(there's no cap but I think there are limits on how much a particular player's contract can jump) and then paying them more reasonably after then they should.

I also think they should rearrange contracts already signed to lower salaries after 2010 by jacking them up next year.

This is exactly what is WRONG with this team.

If there is no cap. You should get your house in order 1st. Get rid of the stupid contracts and overpaid players. Let them take their egos with them.

Next is....how about you do everything you can to HIDE what you're paying guys? I know its not easy. But if you have a no-comment policy and have players coming in sign onto that policy to not comment about their new contracts. Then that might help.

This offseason, I want to bring in a bunch of blue collar OL who don't mind being backups, but one or two could step up if needed.

Same with DB's

Agents aren't paid by the NFL so they certainly won't agree to that, also the salaries must be reported to the league and there's no reason league officials would agree to that.

I was thinking this as well. We could dump guys like Portis with huge saleries that dont fit well with the team concept and start rebuilding. We could get young very quickly if we wanted to.

I was thinking this as well. We could dump guys like Portis with huge saleries that dont fit well with the team concept and start rebuilding. We could get young very quickly if we wanted to.

We could get young but also create more holes on a team that is quite porous as it is.

http://www.adavidmooreorgans.com/pcinoz/Salaries_-_Detail.htm

Portis is at $12M, $12M, $10M, $10M over the next four years and then he is gone. He averaged 5.5 yards per rush and had double digit TDs both seasons he played under Shanny, Sr (did not eclipse 300 rushes either season, still hit 1500). If he blows up I think we could trade him for something SWEET after this season.

If there are players that are not worth what they are paid, absolutely dump them, a la Jansen. I just don't know that we have anyone that fits the bill at the moment. The Lloyds of the team are gone.

I would love to move to 3-4, sign Hampton which would give us:

350 lb Monty, 330 lb Haynesworth, and 325lb Hampton clogging up front. Then you move 253 lb. Carter back to OLB, opposite Orakpo. Rocky and Fletcher would be swarming all over the middle of the field, racking up tackles, as they usually do.

Then, sign o-lineman, Amano sounds good, and draft the best available with the 4th pick in the second round. Draft Bradford or Claussen, whichever Shanny, Jr. thinks he can mold into Matt Schaub. Bring Campbell back for one more year and let him start the season until Claussen/Bradford is ready. If Shanny, Jr. thinks Claussen/Bradford is ready out the gate then trade Campbell for a 2nd round pick. I think a team that needs a QB would gladly take Campbell for a 2nd rounder.

We still have a 4th rounder to play with and maybe one more FA signing would be a luxury.

I think its a definite that we bring in these 2:

Ben Hamilton (OG) - Reunites with Shanahan to provide depth to our O-line.

Larry Foote (LB) - Reunites with Spanos and will be an onfield general for our new 3-4 scheme. Could play the "thumper" ILB role and possibly take over for Fletcher if we decide to part ways. (Although I do believe Fletcher is capable of playing either ILB role in the 3-4.)

I also think a good trade would be OG Derrick Dockery for OG Chris Kuper. Rumor has it that Denver wants to move toward a more massive and powerful OL similar to that of the Patriots and Dock definitely fits that mold. On the other hand Kuper reunites with the man who drafted him and the ZBS that he excels in. We also have a very friendly trade relationshiop with Denver so I think this is definitely a possibility.

Archived