Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com/Adam Schefter: Redskins Hold Line On 2010 Ticket Prices

MattFancy

Bruce Allen is worth his weight in Gold. I have to think he's behind this sudden change.

That.. or Dan finally got his ES account confirmed and has been reading all of our recommendations.

The video screens were already in the works before Allen...

Pez...this is wrong. The amusement tax was always there..it was just included in the price of the ticket. When they raised the ticket prices 40% that year they decided to break out the tax and show it as a separate line item on the invoice. I still remember the insulting line from Mitch Gershman..."we just broke it out because our ticketholders like to see what they're paying for" when all it was was a way to print $99 on a lower level ticket and add another 10% increase.

Edit: RememberOsaka above is correct.

Gotcha... wasn't sure how that worked.... I do know that that tax was hiked up a substantial amount a couple years back though...

As if PG wasn't getting enough kickbacks already...

New video screens? :whoknows:

Art has a way of knowing these things,:cool:

I won't be fully convinced until Karl Swanson drops a press release, if not a full media conference.

I expect it sometime in early Feb. just as season ticket invoices are mailed out.

I bet they raise the price of Club and Suite tickets.

I better not get an increase on my Club tickets, or I just might go postal.

Yeah - I think they will. The price hikes are already built into the premium seat contracts. I am sure they'll continue offering steep discounts (i.e. 40-50% off) to new premium seat contracts though.

I was really surprised to hear that the prices had remained constant for five years now. The way the grapevine was talking he raised it every year with impunity. :whoknows:

He doesn't raise it often. But when he does, look out! Because the hike makes up for any benefit we might see from multiple years of prices holding steady.

Consider - prices for LL were as low as $55 in 1999. Those same seats went up to $79 in 2000. Then they went up to $108.90 in 2006. That's almost double in seven years - or eleven years to-date. That's a pretty substantial increase relative to inflation.

He doesn't raise it often. But when he does, look out! Because the hike makes up for any benefit we might see from multiple years of prices holding steady.

Consider - prices for LL were as low as $55 in 1999. Those same seats went up to $79 in 2000. Then they went up to $108.90 in 2006. That's almost double in eleven years. That's a pretty substantial increase relative to inflation.

Don't forget too that we've also added seats in there too. So prices went up and so did the amount of seats.

Yeah - I think they will. The price hikes are already built into the premium seat contracts. I am sure they'll continue offering steep discounts (i.e. 40-50% off) to new premium seat contracts though.

I think in my contract it says that it CAN go up as much as 6%. I don't think it says that it will automatically go up 6%.

Oh well, 2010 is my last year as a Club season ticket holder anyway, but after what we fans had to put up with last season, the TO should reduce the cost of tickets as compensation for our pain and suffering. :D

Archived