Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com/Adam Schefter: Redskins Hold Line On 2010 Ticket Prices

MattFancy

@Adam_Schefter: Redskins accounced general admission ticket prices for 2010 season will remain unchanged for fifth season in a row.

Danny is on a roll lately!

Also on Redskins.com:

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Redskins_Hold_the_Line_On_2010_Ticket_Prices_100642.jsp

The Washington Redskins announced Jan. 13 that general admission ticket prices for the 2010 season will be unchanged, remaining at the same price for the fifth season in a row.

"It's always a challenge to maintain ticket prices from year to year, but we wanted to show the fans how much we appreciate their support, especially in difficult economic times," said David Donovan, the team's Chief Operating Officer.

Since 1999, the team has increased general admission ticket prices only twice (prior to the 2000 and 2006 seasons), a rarity among U.S. sports franchises.

The Redskins are one of only two NFL teams that have not raised prices since 2006, according to Chicago-based Team Marketing Report. General admission tickets currently range from $29 to $99. The team's season tickets have been sold out since 1966.

The Redskins average general admission ticket prices are below those of nine other NFL teams, including most of the other major markets, according to Team Marketing Report’s 2009 data.

The Redskins have the largest season ticket waiting list in the NFL.

Mailing of season ticket renewals is expected to begin in early February.

I think if Snyder increased the prices of tickets..a lot of people would of not renewed after the horrible season we had.

Also he has only raised ticket prices twice in the 10 years he has owned the team. Once after the 1999 playoff appearance

Jetskins..general admission seats are the UL seats, and the LL seats that do NOT have the touchdown club or tailgate club attached to them

Have we heard how big these are going be? I'm hoping something the size of the Ravens', but that would mean taking out some of those ads.

"The person in charge of such things just took the bait when I said I hear we're getting video screens like the tiny ones here. He sais, "Are you joking. We're getting a new one. 100-feet." NICE boys"

Gee, how is it that the average Redskins' ticket prices was $68 in 2006 and the current average Redskins' ticket prices is $79, but they claim that they stayed the same over the past four seasons? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. But, considering that ticket prices rarely go down, I'm not overwhelmed by this "gesture" of "remaining unchanged". The Detroit Lions ticket prices only went down 1% after a 0-16 season!!!

Gee, how is it that the average Redskins' ticket prices was $68 in 2006 and the current average Redskins' ticket prices is $79, but they claim that they stayed the same over the past four seasons? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. But, considering that ticket prices rarely go down, I'm not overwhelmed by this "gesture" of "remaining unchanged". The Detroit Lions ticket prices only went down 1% after a 0-16 season!!!

Prince George's County started implementing some sort of entertainment tax a couple years back... this is outside the redskins price... Redskins have no control over this.

It was a pretty hefty tax too.. somewhere around 10% or so..

Prince George's County started implementing some sort of entertainment tax a couple years back... this is outside the redskins price... Redskins have no control over this.

It was a pretty hefty tax too.. somewhere around 10% or so..

Pez...this is wrong. The amusement tax was always there..it was just included in the price of the ticket. When they raised the ticket prices 40% that year they decided to break out the tax and show it as a separate line item on the invoice. I still remember the insulting line from Mitch Gershman..."we just broke it out because our ticketholders like to see what they're paying for" when all it was was a way to print $99 on a lower level ticket and add another 10% increase.

Edit: RememberOsaka above is correct.

... general admission tickets ... $29?? Can you really buy tickets at the gate on game day for $29-$99???

The PG County Amusement Tax, which had been included in the price of tickets prior to current ownership, is now shown as "plus tax" on the face of all tickets. So, no, the price is not $29-$99. You have to add 10% to get the actual face value (or cost, fee, charge, whatever you want to call it) of the tickets.

And no, you generally can't buy them at the gate on game day.

Archived