Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wash Post: ESPN's Schefter channels his energy into NFL (Redskins related)

21MadFan

good article. always liked schefter too...he doesnt seem pompous and conveys a true enjoyment for football and inside info.

sidenote he came on ESPN yesterday to discuss the Pete Carroll press conference and the guy hosting signed him off as "thank you adam schefter, reporting from the nfl network"

Doomazz.

Good read!

"It's a quarterback's league. Each of the 12 starting quarterbacks in the playoffs was either a first-round pick or had gone to the Pro Bowl," Schefter said. "The Redskins do have a first-round quarterback who's had some success, but not enough. Mike is the right guy to get it out of Jason. Mike will provide him that environment. He will put him in an environment where he can succeed.

"The Redskins have the fourth overall pick, and even if you use that on a quarterback, it's a rookie quarterback. It makes no sense. Jason is a restricted free agent, so they're kind of stuck with each other. Either the relationship blossoms or it doesn't. But I'd be stunned if Campbell wasn't the quarterback next year."

And that's most likely that, coming from Adam I think it's the most reliable news to hear outside of the coaches themselves.

".... But I'd be stunned if Campbell wasn't the quarterback next year."

And that's most likely that, coming from Adam I think it's the most reliable news to hear outside of the coaches themselves.

This is nothing more than a sensible, safe statement. Another angle to consider here is that Schefter has Denver ties (before NFLN) and knows Shanahan well.

Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me if Shanahan is also trying to play up Jason's potential trade value by having his buddy say things like this. Not saying he's necessarily doing this, but from a business perspective it makes a lot of sense if other teams think we're keeping Jason. Both from a trade and/or draft perspective.

I can't stand Schefter. He was one of Monk's main opponents to get in the HOF and voted against him many, many times when he was on the voting committee. Convinced others to do so as well. Always struck me as an arrogant little man. Glad I don't have to look at his face anymore on NFL Network. Not that JLC's face is much of an improvement with his LIsa Loeb glasses.

Archived