Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I might as well run with my reputation: New question for the room

Lombardi's_kid_brother

Your answer is puzzeling to me. Are you saying that educated black women are all racists? Are you saying that educated black women would vote more along racists beliefs then they would put the advancement of the black in America?

Jesus Christ on a cracker.

Look...race is a complicated goddamn subject. Not every person who has complex views on race is a goddamn racist.

And to the same effect, having a less than pure view of race that is not 100 percent race neutral does not make you a racist.

In my last job, I worked with a ton of college-educated black women. And they loved me. (My wife and I joke that 35 to 55 year old black women are my best demographic. I should really be a principal of an elementary school in Anacostia, but that's another subject for another day).

From what I learned (and the numbers bear this out). Black women who get college degrees outnumber black men who get college degrees about 2:1. (Seriously, look it up. It's a staggering number).

This basically means that black women in the middle class or professional class or whatever you want to call it do not have a ton of selection of black men with the same education and/or employment status. (And, let's be honest. Lawyers marry lawyers. Teachers marry teachers. Etc. Etc.)

So, there is basically a large pool of black woman in that class and a small pool of black men. Dating can become somewhat tricky.

When black men in that class date white women, it becomes complicated. It's not exactly a race thing. It's more of a territorial thing infused with race.

I had many lunches from 2005 to 2007 that sounded like scenes out of "Jungle Fever." My strategy was usually to turn the conversation to Teddy Pendergrass when things got too heated.

Jesus Christ on a cracker.

Look...race is a complicated goddamn subject. Not every person who has complex views on race is a goddamn racist.

So your saying that if I' date=' a white male, thought worse of a woman who is white for marrying a black man that this is not a racist thought. I think the general public would label me a racist for thinking that. But to you that would be a "complex view"? Would the white man be labeled with having racist thoughts and the black woman get away with having "complex thoughts". In society I think that is the message to everyone, white males aren't allowed to be racist, everyone else can be. Please explain the difference, this theory of "complex views" for me

This basically means that black women in the middle class or professional class or whatever you want to call it do not have a ton of selection of black men with the same education and/or employment status. (And, let's be honest. Lawyers marry lawyers. Teachers marry teachers. Etc. Etc.)

So, there is basically a large pool of black woman in that class and a small pool of black men. Dating can become somewhat tricky.

When black men in that class date white women, it becomes complicated. It's not exactly a race thing. It's more of a territorial thing infused with race.

I had many lunches from 2005 to 2007 that sounded like scenes out of "Jungle Fever." My strategy was usually to turn the conversation to Teddy Pendergrass when things got too heated.

Ok so you proved you know more about Black educated women then I do. And your background is coming from a perspective that I respect so your opinion is important. Now can you answer my other question's or should we just all sing Close the Door?

What does this topic have to do with Jesus Christ sitting on top of a poor southern white guy?

http://www.slangcity.com/ask_ac_archive/cracker.htm

Well I learned something here. When I was in the military I had a conversation with a Black guy who turned out to be a friend early in our relationship and we got to talking about racist names. He mention "cracker" to me and I asked him about it and was told he thought we were crackers because the slave owners would "crack" the whip on there slaves. So him calling a white guy a cracker was akin to him calling me a slave owner, not a good thing. We ended up being great friends

So your saying that if I, a white male, thought worse of a woman who is white for marrying a black man that this is not a racist thought. I think the general public would label me a racist for thinking that. But to you that would be a "complex view"? Would the white man be labeled with having racist thoughts and the black woman get away with having "complex thoughts". In society I think that is the message to everyone, white males aren't allowed to be racist, everyone else can be. Please explain the difference, this theory of "complex views" for me.

Black women with college degrees outnumber black men with college degrees 2:1. (True statistic).

75 percent of inter-racial relationships are black man/white woman. (True statistic).

If you are a college-educate black woman who has "college education" as one of your requirements for a boyfriend/husband, you are in a bind right now in America. There are not enough black men to go around, and inter-racial relationships don't seem to work in your favor.

none of those people would have voted for him in the first place.

I've personally come up with 15 people who I am pretty sure voted for him that absolutely would not have in the scenario I provided.

I love doing these threads. I want to live in all the racially harmonious neighborhoods that everyone here lives in. Where self-segregation does not exist and all the racists are obvious but live somewhere in the backwoods of Georgia.

Black women with college degrees outnumber black men with college degrees 2:1. (True statistic).

75 percent of inter-racial relationships are black man/white woman. (True statistic).

If you are a college-educate black woman who has "college education" as one of your requirements for a boyfriend/husband' date=' you are in a bind right now in America. There are not enough black men to go around, and inter-racial relationships don't seem to work in your favor.[/quote']

So since black women who are seeking out college degree men were to choose a white woman for his bride that means what to them? They openly blame white women for marrying a black man because black men aren't persuing college degrees? They blame these men for following thier hearts? What exactly does that mean to them?

So since black women who are seeking out college degree men were to choose a white woman for his bride that means what to them? They openly blame white women for marrying a black man because black men aren't persuing college degrees? They blame these men for following thier hearts? What exactly does that mean to them?

It means nothing. They are all delusional.

Archived