Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All of the O-Line Prospects Scouted, some new names

NAC386

This website is not a very credible list. Anthony Costanzo is ranked waaaaaaaay down there at 22 when 6 or 7 would probably be more accurate. If they're putting undeclared juniors on the list, why leave off so many great prospects like Solder, King, and Cannon? So it's incomplete and poorly ordered. Also, why on earth are guys like Clint Boling even on the list? He isn't even draft eligible. Not a very good site. Just do yourself a favor and go sift through the information on CBS and make a decision for yourself.

After watching the Bowl games I am convinced that Brian Bulaga is probably the most NFL ready and best fit for Shanahan's offense. He is athletic, smart, and nasty. Not sure how far the Skins could trade down and still get him. My guess is he will be at least the 2nd rated tackle after the combine.

I agree, this is the guy I'd love to have on our line.

Great find. Thanks for the info.

I hate to take this OT a bit, but I think we have to take this kid if he is available.

Reminds me of: Peyton Manning, QB Indianapolis Colts-No, I don't think Bradford will end up the player Manning is. But their games are very similar. Both excellent in play action, make great reads and decisions with the football, and shows pinpoint accuracy on their throws.

I'm starting to get on board with the idea of keeping Jason a few more years *IF* it means we also keep looking for the franchise QB this team so desperately needs. Draft Bradford now if the he clears medical (his doctor is our team doctor already) and let him sit, learn, heal and condition for a while. Then, when he is ready... may the best man win.

In the mean time, that high second rounder is as good as a low first. Meaning it's still a good bet we can still get a really good, starting O lineman there. Between that and free agency, we should be able to get a good start on fixing the O line problem that will probably take two years to fix anyway.

It's the best solution to both problems. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Mike Mayock about some of the senior bowl o-lineman, he makes some interesting comments.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-senior-bowl/09000d5d815e21fd/O-Line-spotlight

He thinks Mike Iupati can play OT, just like Vladimir Ducasse.

Both are big and strong with good feet, sounds like a pretty solid RT.

So if it is treu the OT class would look like this(potential first rounders):

Russell Okung, Oklahoma State

Bruce Campbell, Maryland

Anthony Davis, Rutgers

Charles Brown, USC

Trent Williams, Oklahoma

Bryan Bulaga, Iowa

Mike Iupati, Idaho

Vladimir Ducasse, UMass

If we then look at the last couple of drafts:

2005: 2 OT in first round

2006: 1 OT in first round

2007: 3 OT in first round

2008: 8 OT in first round

2009: 4 OT in first round

Except for the 2008 draft ,there was a hunt on OT's that day, there haven't been picked more then 4 OT's in the first round. So I think there is a good chance that we can pick a solid OT with our second pick (at least a RT).

So then is the qeustion what to do with the first pick, I say QB. Why?

This year we can pick Clausen or Bradford, both a good fit for Shanahans off. But next year, beside Locker and maby Pryor, there aren't a lot of Shanahan QB's. If we win some game we can't pick the QB we want and we need to wait until 2012 for a new QB.

I say we draft a QB in one and a OT in two. Then in 2011 (the draft of the WR's) we can get a OT for the other side (and hopefully Ryan Williams or Ingram). In two years we would be a lot younger on off, ready to start winning some Championschips.

Hail to the Redskins

Archived