Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

looking for help with a smartphone decision

squatch66

Im with sprint and git the htc hero with google. awesome phone with 1000's free apps. The only real con is the battery doesnt last for crap...about 2 hrs or so

From everything I have read, its basically the same phone as the droid eris. The battery is really that bad? I wonder if its the same for the eris.

I haven't tried to tether mine yet. No real need to since I'm always around a wifi connection.

My brother does not have internet at his house and I was wondering whether or not I could tether it to my laptop there. Also, if you can tether, why would anyone pay for internet at home? Couldnt you just tether your phone to your computer?

My brother does not have internet at his house and I was wondering whether or not I could tether it to my laptop there. Also, if you can tether, why would anyone pay for internet at home? Couldnt you just tether your phone to your computer?

EasyTether app. I got it set up in about 10 minutes.

If someone did not need to route to other PC's and/or 3G is fast enough for them it would make a lot of sense.

Ok got my new droid eris today and my web browser does not want to work. I open it up and it goes to google local and I cannot navigate anywhere or change web pages or anything. I have already added my wireless internet info and it says its connected. No clue what I am doing wrong...

Ok got my new droid eris today and my web browser does not want to work. I open it up and it goes to google local and I cannot navigate anywhere or change web pages or anything. I have already added my wireless internet info and it says its connected. No clue what I am doing wrong...

hit the menu button and the address bar should pop up.

Also, I don't tether cause I get really crappy service at my house. 2 bars if I'm lucky.

hit the menu button and the address bar should pop up.

Also, I don't tether cause I get really crappy service at my house. 2 bars if I'm lucky.

It actually froze and I had to shut the browser down with the taskiller program you told me to download. Thanks for that bit of advice btw! Works fine now.

You wouldn't want to tether and do serious download/uploading of data. There is a limit of data access and once you exceed it, it becomes expensive.

my contract is set to expire with tmobile and i want to get a smartphone. i would love to get my hands on an iphone but i get an employee discount from sprint and i can get 450 minutes with unlimited data and text for half the price of comparable plans with the other carriers. i am looking at the htc line of phones, the palm pre, and the samsung instinct hd. i am going to go to the sprint store and play around with the phones but am wondering if anyone has had any experience with any of them. i am looking for something that i can browse the web on, watch video, listen to music, and have gps navigation ability. i am leaning toward the htc hero since it runs the android operating system and has a ton of apps, and the hero and the instinct seem to be the most iphone like out of the bunch from what i can tell which is what attracted me to them. on top of that sprint is running a special on the hero which makes it cheaper than most of the other smartphones in the sprint line.

one other question i have is is it worth it to get the monthly insurance on the phone? it is $7 a month for the insurance and comes with a $50-$100 deductible.

thanks for any advice.

Dude I got my hands on a show version of the Evo sprint is releasing later this year.. If you can wait, wait.. This phone is bad ass. I like it much better than my droid (I liked my droid much more than my Iphone) If you can't wait, the Hero is a pretty slick phone as well.

Archived