Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sarcasm ( I love the way. . .)

Rhodus333

I love the way the redskins play football.

I love the way we allow the 58 yard plays, because it prevents the back breaking 60 yard play that could cost us the game.

I love the way we guarantee probowl performances from our players, by paying our players at a probowl level

I love the way Jason Campbell doesn't cost us the game, plays it safe, and keeps us competative every week, by not throwing a pass more than 8 yards past the line of scrimmage

I love the way we value team performance and maintaining our gap assignments over individual achievement, by paying franchise level money for our free agent starters.

I love the way our players get our fans pumped up, by spinning the ball on first down plays and jumping around when were down by 20 points. . .

I love the way our team stays competitive and looks cohesive, after our starters are on IR for the year and we're play guys off the waiver wire.

I love the way our draft picks have stepped up and performed, once our coaching staff has no choice but to play them due to injuries.

I love the way Portis has been too banged up to talk to the media, until someone asked him for a soundbite about Shanahan.

I love the way our most consistent member on defense, London Fletcher, is the player with the least amount of fan support and Probowl recognition.

I love the way we play our players in positions that best suit them, like Orakpo at linebacker, Landry at free safety, Haynesworth on the outside of the line, Sellers at wide reciever, Moss (our smallest reciever) on inside route against linebackers, breaking tackles on screen plays, etc.

I love the way we can fix all our problems by replacing Campbell, even though we have no idea who his replacement is or what he'll bring to the table

I love the way we give our young players a chance to prove themselves on special teams, by having Randal El return punts all season.

I love the way our team can be counted on every week, regardless of the situation, to provide a last minute, nailbiting loss to our fanbase.

I love the way Rock Cartwright has been given more opportunities because of his determination and dedication to the team.

I love the way our team spends every offseason getting players that best benifit our specific style of football, and that they always happen to be the biggest free agents on the market.

I love the way I can predict a 3 and out redskins drive without knowing the time left in the game or the opponent (run up the middle, screen pass, 7 yard reception, punt)

I love the way plays on NFL highlight reels and player's career performances are always against the Redskins.

I love the way Mike Shanahan is absolutley the solution to all the redskins problems, simply because he's the biggest, most expensive name out there for us to get.

I love the way Campbell keeps plays alive with his slides

I love the way our O line is made up of ridiculous talent that every other scout in the league has miraculously missed out on. . .

I love the way Landry can save face on defense after giving up a big play by making a textbook tackle. . .

I love the way we change our gameplan to capitalize on our opponents weaknesses, by running the same 6 plays week in and week out

I love the way every week our players admit that we need to work harder, without being able to say what it is we need to work harder on, or give specifics on how working harder will improve our chances

I love the way I could go on all day with these comparisons. . .

:shot:

Gotta love it, What a heroic effort after getting punished by the Giants, led us today to score all but 0 points at home against the Cowboys.

THIS is a performance indicative of a player playing in his contract year!

Boy gotta love how heroic he was to keep gettin up from the turf after pressures and sacks..

Not to mention all of his passes were on the mark and not high or short because the offensive Line is the ONLY area failing us on offense!

I'm also so glad that there is NOBODY better to replace Campbell this off season so better hang on to Campbell cause these QB performances is EXACTLY what we need to build on for next year!

/sarcasm]

I'm sorry but this thread has to be made..Time and time again i'm so mad how everybody on offense can be blamed for the failures EXCEPT for campbell. Not only here on Extreme, but in the media! I applaud colinsworth for not only pointing out Campbells shortcomings, but also acknowledging that he's also a part of the reason why our offense is poor.. offensive line AND QB included!

Gotta love it, What a heroic effort after getting punished by the Giants, led us today to score all but 0 points at home against the Cowboys.

THIS is a performance indicative of a player playing in his contract year!

Boy gotta love how heroic he was to keep gettin up from the turf after pressures and sacks..

Not to mention all of his passes were on the mark and not high or short because the offensive Line is the ONLY area failing us on offense!

I'm also so glad that there is NOBODY better to replace Campbell this off season so better hang on to Campbell cause these QB performances is EXACTLY what we need to build on for next year!

/sarcasm]

I'm sorry but this thread has to be made..Time and time again i'm so mad how everybody on offense can be blamed for the failures EXCEPT for campbell. Not only here on Extreme, but in the media! I applaud colinsworth for not only pointing out Campbells shortcomings, but also acknowledging that he's also a part of the reason why our offense is poor.. offensive line AND QB included!

I doubt this thread stays open, but I'll respond anyways.

I don't think anyone here, including myself, has ever stated that Campbell is without fault - far from it. But at the same time, he certainly isn't as bad as some of the bashers make him out to be.

Finally, Collinsworth didn't pin it on one entity. The organization is disfunctional as a whole.

I would argue that, with the the offense at least, there are 4 major problems (1 perpetuates the other to a certain extent).

(In no particular order)

1. Offensive Line - They are trying to improve the revolving door.

2. QB - Nothing much to say here - good games and bad games, perhaps he needs some pieces. I would like to see what our next head coach has to say.

3. Coaching - It is a mess to expect any offense to function with 3 play callers.

4. Wide Receivers - The O-Line can block all day and the QB can try all day, but the receivers simply aren't getting any separation. When they do, 1 of these other 4 areas breaks down.

Pinning this on JC is ludicrous. Is he part of the problem? Sure. How much? Well, as much as we would like to think so, no one on this board is qualified in the least to say that. But I would argue that the Redskins as a whole need to evaluate players before they start sniping individual players out.

-Kevin

I doubt this thread stays open, but I'll respond anyways.

I don't think anyone here, including myself, has ever stated that Campbell is without fault - far from it. But at the same time, he certainly isn't as bad as some of the bashers make him out to be.

Finally, Collinsworth didn't pin it on one entity. The organization is disfunctional as a whole.

I would argue that, with the the offense at least, there are 4 major problems (1 perpetuates the other to a certain extent).

(In no particular order)

1. Offensive Line - They are trying to improve the revolving door.

2. QB - Nothing much to say here - good games and bad games, perhaps he needs some pieces. I would like to see what our next head coach has to say.

3. Coaching - It is a mess to expect any offense to function with 3 play callers.

4. Wide Receivers - The O-Line can block all day and the QB can try all day, but the receivers simply aren't getting any separation. When they do, 1 of these other 4 areas breaks down.

Pinning this on JC is ludicrous. Is he part of the problem? Sure. How much? Well, as much as we would like to think so, no one on this board is qualified in the least to say that. But I would argue that the Redskins as a whole need to evaluate players before they start sniping individual players out.

-Kevin

Lol good call, at least i Got merged, but i'm not pinning it all on JC, I"m just saying he needs to be REPLACED with the OLine... Getting a new O-line and keeping JC is NOT going in the right direction because he is PART of the failure on offense. Not JUST offensive line.

Archived