Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pro's and Con's of Randle El

Btubes18

seems like most of the PROS in the original post are related to things off the field, and the CONS are directly related to his performance on the field.

edit - just to clarify i'm not tryin to hate on El. I think its time for him to be phased out as a punt returner but even now i think some of the blame for his poor punt returns/fair catches needs to be directed at our suspect punt return coverage. Seems like he's always got at least one guy running free at him while he's waiting for the ball to drop.

I would change the thread title to say:

"The Cons and Cons of Randle El"

As Barry Wilburn said earlier, he's earning #1 WR $$$$ and he wouldn't even make the Giants' Roster, or the Eagles, and probably not the Cowboys.

I'm a good guy in the community, and I'm generally a good guy in the locker room at my local gym, but I sure as heck don't belong on the Redskins roster. If $$$ were an absolute ZERO factor when determining lineups, our WR core would look like this (based on our CURRENT roster) if I had my druthers:

Starting Wideouts: D. Thomas, M. Mitchell

3rd (Slot) WR: S. Moss

4th WR: M. Kelly

Punt Returner(s): Primary, J. Tryon. Secondary, D. Hall & S. Moss.

Pros: He's got a cool name

Con: Everything else

He smiles and jokes wile being pummelled by other teams (see Lions game, Giants game et al). What's so funny?

He needs to go, no heart, no talent, my least favorite Redskin. Poster boy for what we've done wrong for 10 years.

UH BA-BYE

I would change the thread title to say:

"The Cons and Cons of Randle El"

As Barry Wilburn said earlier, he's earning #1 WR $$$$ and he wouldn't even make the Giants' Roster, or the Eagles, and probably not the Cowboys.

I'm a good guy in the community, and I'm generally a good guy in the locker room at my local gym, but I sure as heck don't belong on the Redskins roster. If $$$ were an absolute ZERO factor when determining lineups, our WR core would look like this (based on our CURRENT roster) if I had my druthers:

Starting Wideouts: D. Thomas, M. Mitchell

3rd (Slot) WR: S. Moss

4th WR: M. Kelly

Punt Returner(s): Primary, J. Tryon. Secondary, D. Hall & S. Moss.

I agree he is not worth the money, but I would rather have him right now than M. Kelly, who hasn't shown me much, except some good hands on a few balls.

I like the idea of Tyron being primary.

The closest thing to a Wild Cat this team has done this season is the Barnyard play

Probably for the best. With ARE running the wild cat, we'd have very little threat of the run (which defeats the purpose).

In all honesty, I like the guy. He seems like a very good teammate. However, he makes far too much money for his production. No matter what his 2010 salary is, we have to cut him if 2010 is uncapped to avoid the big money at the tail end of his contract.

He is paid too much for his production and should be cut or traded. He is at best our 3rd receiver. We just haven't had a guy step up to the #2 spot. Devin Thomas is showing signs and will eventually be the #1 position so Santanna can be moved to the slot to create mismatches. Marko Mitchell is a good red zone guy. We should also play more 2 TE sets. I miss the days of Monk, Clark, and Sanders. That was a great combo of a possession guy, over the middle guy, and a depp threat guy.

Archived